Page 85 of 176 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 3516
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    He may be a tad useless but he's still a Sunbro Fenix.
    I know, I summon him every chance I get, he's a useful distraction if nothing else (he quite comfortably distracted the Centipede Demon long enough for me to throw me entire magic repertoire at it, despite the fact that he did basically no damage himself). Got nothing against him, he's just that sort of well-intentioned and cheerful but amusingly incompetent sidekick.

Incompetent? Read the description of the Sunlight Shield :P

Quote Originally Posted by Oshada View Post
    Incompetent? Read the description of the Sunlight Shield :P
    How did Patches put it... "He's an idiot, but a strong idiot. Beware."

Just beat Quelaag on my first attempt. Surprisingly easy with Mildred soaking up the damage and me pestering her with arrows. Drake sword 2-handed made short work of her when she was down to 1/3 health. Those damned mosquitoes were more annoying than her.

Question:

Should I kill Quelaag's sister for the fire keeper soul?
    Last edited by patch517; 26-09-2012 at 05:38 PM.

If you kill her you are an utter bastard.

And your name is patch517... most suspicious. You don't mind Clerics do you?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    You should absolutely kill Quelaag's sister, but not until you are about to beat the game. There are other fire keeper souls that are easier to get and won't require that you extinguish a bonfire.
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I intended to kill Quelaag's sister, but then couldn't bring myself to do it after actually speaking to her with the Witch's Ring. Well, at least not until I was about to finish the game, at which point all restraint becomes moot.

I really want more from the Dark Souls universe now, the whole damn setting is so thick with utter tragedy. Happy endings? Look elsewhere. Happy anything? Out of stock. Not something you see pulled off often.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Have you played Demon's Souls? You need access to a PS3, but that game alone is worth the price of admission. While technically it's not in the Dark Souls universe, it's very similar, and every bit as dark and oppressive.
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

Second attempt being human for a prolonged time. Got to the Darkroot Village area and got invaded by 2 chaps. One of them 1 shot me with some silly spell before I even knew what hit me. Yay. Also, I have tried putting down summon signs, but have yet to be called upon :(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I just picked this up. So far the most frustrating thing about it is that the world is a huge maze and I have no idea where to go. Death in all directions!

Are you at Firelink Shrine? Go up from there.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkFenix View Post
    *I killed this helpless NPC's sister, then I killed her too at the endgame for more XP and you should definitely do it too because engame so who cares right*

I really want more from the Dark Souls universe now, the whole damn setting is so thick with utter tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    Ha. /10char

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    I just picked this up. So far the most frustrating thing about it is that the world is a huge maze and I have no idea where to go. Death in all directions!

Undead Burg is where you need to be which is directly behind you if your facing the NPC sitting near the bon fire in firelink shrine(you will walk up a cliff face and see a bridge to cross). Everywhere else is pretty much death until you hone your skills a bit and gain a few levels.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    Yeah, there's a stairway leading up the cliffside, that's the beginner's way right there. The graveyard is the essentially suicidal route, don't take a newbie character there unless you really know what you're doing. And the stairs down from the shrine are another route technically meant for later but have some nice loot if you know where to run.

There is no 'wrong' way to go at least. If you find ordinary monsters kicking your arse unfairly hard, chances are there's an easier way to go for now.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    I dunno XBL works pretty nicely on the 360...still I don't tend to have issues with GFWL, my issue is that I want to play this with a friend, I know that goes against the spirit of the game, but still it'd be nice to have the option if you want to do that anyway.

I am bored at work and was browsing this thread so i thought i would offer some pointers to play with friends becasue co-op is a blast in this game.

1. The person being summoned must be at the boss or have already beaten it. meaning you cant just sit at firelink shrine and summon people when you have half the game beaten you have to be in an area where you can progress to summon (like near a boss you haven't killed)

2. go to your xbox live friends list and rate your friends as a preferred player(not 100% sure this does anything but it cant hurt)

3. when your friend lays down a summoning chalk it can take up to 30 seconds for it to show up. I find waiting longer than that is unnecessary. If you don't see your friends summon by then ask him to replace it. As i have been told its kinda random who it will show up for. If you don't seem to be making progress after a few attempts remove the summoning sign and rest at a bonfire to "reset" everything, this seems to help. With my friends it has taken up to 15-20 minutes of replacing summoning signs to get it to work.

4. join the covenant Way of White you are more likely to see summons from members of this covenant then any others.This is the co-op guild in the game.

5. patience is a virtue. Once you finally see you friends summoning chalk show up there's a good chance the summon will fail multiple times before it finally works, don't get discouraged it will work eventually. The good news is once it does work it seems to lock you in to each other and after the first summon it works on the first try every time(at least it has for me and my friends)

good luck and don't commit any sins or you will have to deal with me :P

I'm still having troubles getting co-op sessions. Both summoning and getting summoned ends often enough with 'summoning failed'.
    currently playing: Assetto Corsa
    Steam/GFWL/PSN: namefinder

Join our racing games subforum! Going wide and braking late since 1886!

Quote Originally Posted by Makariel View Post
    I'm still having troubles getting co-op sessions. Both summoning and getting summoned ends often enough with 'summoning failed'.
    :(

Do you want to try again in Anor Londo? I'm SL45 now and am at the archers :P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkFenix View Post
    I really want more from the Dark Souls universe now, the whole damn setting is so thick with utter tragedy. Happy endings? Look elsewhere. Happy anything? Out of stock. Not something you see pulled off often.
    I dunno man, you can resolve the Onionbro 'quest' line happily enough - reuniting a father and daughter is pretty upbeat, until you murder them for that ring before NG+ at least..
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Jockie View Post
    I dunno man, you can resolve the Onionbro 'quest' line happily enough - reuniting a father and daughter is pretty upbeat, until you murder them for that ring before NG+ at least..
    Yeah, but that's about the only quest line that can possibly have a remotely upbeat ending. And given that this ending is so close to the game's end, the Onion family's inevitable murder does not wait long. Pretty much every quest line seems to end with the person you worked so hard to save turning Hollow anyway then being subsequently killed by you personally.