Page 92 of 176 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 3516
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarcek View Post
    Well, the thing about getting a ranged weapon is that i cant stand the things :P
    Clearing the enemies is difficult when youre a tanking type character fighting enemies that are naturally better at it than you are, without levelling tremendously at that stage "_
    I can get past the blades, except when in combat at the same time as trying to get through them. Then stuff gets weird.
    I found it very difficult to clear the swinging guillotines unless I took the guys spewing lightning bolts first. It doesn't matter if you can't do much damage with bows, you only need to push them off the ledges they stand on, six-seven shots usually do the trick.
    For the ring, you need to first get the second Undead Asylum key that's on a roof in the Firelink Shrine. Then you need to go back to Undead Asylum.

Network Hub
    Poison arrows are your best bet for taking out the mages. That, and using available cover. They often can't hit you if you are behind a window with a ledge.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Yeah. Even if your build is pure melee, you should at least carry a bow to push enemies. Although, putting a few points into dex so you can actually use it doesn't hurt anything but a PvP build. You gain something that makes the game MUCH easier and get a few points for any weapons that scale with dex (even if it is only a C or B).
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    How does game perform on computers,are system req. high ?

Banned
    It's a current gen game. Actually I think the requirements are lower than normal even for a current gen.

Some ATI people had framerate issues though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    E6550/ATI 4850/2GB Ram will do i guess ?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yea, sure. You can even use the resolution fix that allows a higher rendering resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarcek View Post
    Sens Fortress keeps killing me. Its not that i dont know what to do, its that by the time i get to what i think is the last set of swinging blades, i have so little health that the snake things just kill me.
    I ran through Sen's with my level 1 character yesterday, without ranged weapon, so it's definitely possible with little health ;-)

If there is more than 1 snake in the room, chances are there is a trap you can use against at least one of them. Even if it's just one you might have a trap to be used against them. Some enemies can be beaten by just blocking their attacks and by that pushing them back, causing them to fall off ledges and down shafts. And of course: only block when they actually swing and would hit you, otherwise their attacks will drain your stamina quite quickly, since your stamina recovery is very slow with the shield up. But the most important: be patient and observe your surroundings. If you see bloodsplatter on the ground, there is probably something dangerous ahead, etc.

In other news: my onebro-char is now in Anor Londo. So far most annoying part was getting through the catacombs (to obtain a fire-weapon and to pinwheel) without having a divine weapon. Only Queelagh killed me twice, everyone else was at first attempt so far. But now that I'm in front of Laurel & Hardy, things will surely change ;)
    Last edited by Makariel; 27-10-2012 at 06:32 PM.
    currently playing: Assetto Corsa

Steam/GFWL/PSN: namefinder

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I was re-watching the All Saints Day trailer today, and didn't recognize the player's armor featured in it. Is it a mixture of various armor sets or does it come up later in the game?

Chestpiece seems to be hard leather armor (Warrior starting set), pants maybe as well, Hood is the gold-hemmed black hood (from the altar next to Ceaseless Discharge), gloves I can't tell.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    That's a mixture. The head piece is from the Gold-Hemmed Black Robe set. The rest are all from the Thief set.
    Last edited by DarkFenix; 28-10-2012 at 01:28 PM.

this is the best game i've played in so long. why can't more rpg's put this much love and care into their combat systems.
    Lookin' 4 Indie Bundles? We track 'em! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker

Lesser Hivemind Node
    @doctor_roxo You should try The Witcher 2.

I have been trying the multiplayer aspect of the game, and it's mad fun especially after you get the Red Soapstone in the Painted World. Today, a guy summoned me thinking I was going to help him out like the white phantoms, unfortunately he got killed before I had a chance to surprise him. The katana swords' bleed effect is really something, all you need is some poise and enough vitality to be able to take a few hits to be able to hold your own. I am having a hard time with spells though, how exactly can one-hit-kill stuff like the Pursuer be countered?

Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    I am having a hard time with spells though, how exactly can one-hit-kill stuff like the Pursuer be countered?
    Well you can outrun pursuers so you can take them on a jolly ride. They also have a very long cast time so you could go in and backstab the caster during that. Dodging through them is a bit hit or miss because they are prone to lag and they aren't located where they're shown on your screen but on the other guy's.
    Steam ID ; GFWL: alset85

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid saw their last sunrise. Took me quite some attempts but in the end I managed to chop, blast and pierce them to pieces. My successful attempt started pretty bad already, when I was hit by one of the royal sentinels through the fog door, almost killing me. With Ornstein on top of me immediately I expected to see "YOU DIED" straight away, but apparently I survived with a handful of hitpoints (must have been one or two...). When they got me cornered I had another close call, but for all the troubles I had in phase 1, beating up super-fatty went pretty smooth. Onwards to the lord souls! I'm not sure if I should try the DLC...

Banned
    So did anyone else's DSfix simply stop working?

I reinstalled Dark Souls, haven't played it since september. Put on newest DSfix, set everything up... black bars. (I'm on 16:10).

Roll back to 1.6.1... black bars.

I know the DSfix itself is working because the language override works just fine. It's in the binary directory, AA is off, same PC... it just doesn't work. God dammit.

My DSfix still works - at least it did so yesterday - but I use quite an old version.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Mine working fine, I think I'm using 1.5

Sooo after somehow fading out of the game and having all kinds of funny computer troubles I remembered that I still had to finish Dark Souls at least once.

Comming back I discovered that it is like riding a bike, you do not forget how to do it but, oh boy, does your professional edge dull. My favourite problem of the moment is that I am really shit at judeging distances in the game so that I attack only to fan my enemy with a pleasant breeze.

To welcome me back I was killed by C-list enemies (the paiting guards) twice in a ro costing me 60k souls and 3 humanity. I can live without the souls but the humanity hurt.
    I also found out that being in the Darkmoon covenant sucks. While I do get to punish the guilty (i.e. runn into their traps turning the dignified duel into a hysterical cat fight) all I get for it is an ear... Huzzah.

And the greater problem: Ornstein and Smough. It reminds me of the Capra demon battle. The room is small, the camara usually facing the wrong way, only that this time there are two enemies.

Any tips?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunjumper View Post
    Sooo after somehow fading out of the game and having all kinds of funny computer troubles I remembered that I still had to finish Dark Souls at least once.

Comming back I discovered that it is like riding a bike, you do not forget how to do it but, oh boy, does your professional edge dull. My favourite problem of the moment is that I am really shit at judeging distances in the game so that I attack only to fan my enemy with a pleasant breeze.

To welcome me back I was killed by C-list enemies (the paiting guards) twice in a ro costing me 60k souls and 3 humanity. I can live without the souls but the humanity hurt.
    I also found out that being in the Darkmoon covenant sucks. While I do get to punish the guilty (i.e. runn into their traps turning the dignified duel into a hysterical cat fight) all I get for it is an ear... Huzzah.

And the greater problem: Ornstein and Smough. It reminds me of the Capra demon battle. The room is small, the camara usually facing the wrong way, only that this time there are two enemies.

Any tips?
    I think the consensus is that it's easiest to attack Smough first, then handle Super Ornstein second. A common problem that a lot of players have is that most of them are using the lightning spear from Sen's at that point, and Ornstein is highly resistant to lightning. Stop by the Giant blacksmith and make sure you are properly geared. Grind out enough titanite to upgrade all your equipment as high as you can. Every little bit helps. Also, Solaire can be a huge help in that fight, if no other reason than he can attract the attention of one of them, leaving you to a 1v1 instead of a 1v2. His summon sign is on the opposite stairway when you come into the great hall by the boss door.
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."