Page 97 of 176 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 3516
    I think you might like the Elite Knight set in the Darkroot Garden.
    I checked on the wiki. I know where it is... i got killed in the ambush there yesterday...gonna take it soon.

For now I have been stuck for 4 hours in the undead town trying to get a Balder side sword... I made something like 50 000 souls + 30 titanite trying to get one... I bought the key from the smith, his tools for the campfire and upgraded the Shield which gives some stam regen at + 5 but I am starting to get bored... I also leveled my STR to 16, read somewhere it's a good number for some magic sword later on, plus i wanted to play a bit with the dragon sword. Was fun for a while but i prefer my estoc.

I killed 3 black guard so far. The last one by parrying/riposting him then backstabing with my +5 Estoc. Felt good ! They dropped some heavy halberd and greatsword... but requires 32 STR... never gonna use that i think.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Four Kings have been defeated, not all that hard. Just keep close and smack them around a bit and be careful for their grab attack.
    Yeah, the biggest problem is from the others interfering. If a second one decides to start poking you or fire off a homing missile from behind you, you can be pretty screwed pretty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    Ok... I am SL 25. I killed The Taurus, the gargoylles and Havel. I am more or less where I was the last time. I killed Lautrec in a duel, not by letting him fall, Ill play his quest in NG+. I'll now farm baldur knights for their swords. I mostly use my +4 estoc for the moment. I have both lautrec and havel ring now. I should find better armor.

I plan to upgrade my estoc with lighting and keep Baldur sword normal and use magic weapon on it.

I am sitting at 8 humanity without using a single humanity object (I have something like 11 humanity item + a double) I play way better than last time around.

Stats so far: VIT: 15: STR:12 END: 20 DEX 17 INT:12 FAITH: 8 only have 2 slots for spells...

I don't think i'll go full dex I'll probably put some more INT for some nice spells later.

I don't really now where to go now... I might try the catacombs but I don't have enough FAITH for the miracle sword... Maybe 2handed ?
    Be warned that Int isn't going to get you powerful spells without serious investment, though around 25 or so is quite a good threshold for some moderately powerful ones (it nets you a couple of very nice utility spells). If you go above 25, you're entering the realm of dedicated caster so be prepared to go all the way to at least 44.

The next area(s) you'll want to do are either the Catacombs, return to the Asylum or progress through the Depths and Blighttown to the second bell. The Catacombs is a bit of a side-trip, but is worth doing early as defeating the boss nets a very useful reward (don't bother progressing past the Catacombs yet though). The Asylum is an entirely optional area, that simply nets you something very useful for a couple of early-ish areas. The main storyline progression lies down through the Depths (I believe you said you died to the Capra demon, so you know where to go). You'll 'enjoy' Blighttown I think, many a player has descended into fits of incoherent swearing at that area.

Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    I haven't read any of the thread on purpose. I would like to know if someone could help me from time to time over Steam chat, in the spoiler-freest possible of ways. I just need tips on where to go because I tend to get lost from time to time.

Send me a private message or add me on Steam with this same user.

Thanks.
    If you're just looking for 'where to go', here's a completely spoiler-free link: http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Game+Progress+Route, it's literally just a list of area names recommending which order to do them in. By the time I was half way through the list I knew what I was doing well enough to start ignoring it, but to start with it was very helpful.

I checked on the wiki. I know where it is... i got killed in the ambush there yesterday...gonna take it soon.

For now I have been stuck for 4 hours in the undead town trying to get a Balder side sword... I made something like 50 000 souls + 30 titanite trying to get one... I bought the key from the smith, his tools for the campfire and upgraded the Shield which gives some stam regen at + 5 but I am starting to get bored... I also leveled my STR to 16, read somewhere it's a good number for some magic sword later on, plus i wanted to play a bit with the dragon sword. Was fun for a while but i prefer my estoc.

I killed 3 black guard so far. The last one by parrying/riposting him then backstabing with my +5 Estoc. Felt good ! They dropped some heavy halberd and greatsword... but requires 32 STR... never gonna use that i think.
    I wouldn't bother trying to get the Balder Side Sword in the Undead Parish to be honest, the drop rate is phenomenally low there. Wait until Sen's Fortress, there are some enemies with a higher drop rate there (conveniently shortly after you can acquire a ring that boosts your loot drop rates massively). It still takes a fair few runs to actually get one, but it's a lot quicker.
    Last edited by DarkFenix; 31-03-2013 at 02:10 PM.

The drop rates on the baldr knights are really dire. I'm still very early in the game but after killing a lot of those bastards I only have a helmet to show for it. :/
    to wound the autumnal city.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    The drop rates on the baldr knights are really dire. I'm still very early in the game but after killing a lot of those bastards I only have a helmet to show for it. :/
    I have two full set... and 4 shields...and still no sword. I'll try 2-3 times for good measure, if it doesn't drop I'll wait for the other spot Darkfenix mentioned.

@ Darkfenix. Thanks for all the tips ! I think I'll invest a bit in magic anyway. I'll stop at 25 i think at least for this playtrough leveling starts to get expensive. I Might invest plus if I play in NG+ one day.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Keep in mind that humanity affects drop rates. And, if you don't mind waiting a bit, do Sen's Fortress to get the gold (?) dragonring that will increase drop rates.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Just after firing up the game again I find a pair of legging and the shield in a row. In the thirty minutes after that, nothing but a couple of shards.
    In retrospect, upgrading that warpick to +5 may have not been the wisest decision. Sure, it seems effective enough but I really wonder if other weapons would not prove to be better. Not that I have much of a selection to choose from.

PICKFACE.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Just after firing up the game again I find a pair of legging and the shield in a row. In the thirty minutes after that, nothing but a couple of shards.
    In retrospect, upgrading that warpick to +5 may have not been the wisest decision. Sure, it seems effective enough but I really wonder if other weapons would not prove to be better. Not that I have much of a selection to choose from.

PICKFACE.
    I love big weapons like great swords and wardildo's but they're slow as hell no matter how strong or dexterous you are and don't have those neat combos.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Keep in mind that humanity affects drop rates. And, if you don't mind waiting a bit, do Sen's Fortress to get the gold (?) dragonring that will increase drop rates.
    Ah yes, that's a good point. Always keep at least 1 point of humanity, the first point of humanity boosts drop rates by 50%, each point thereafter (up to 10) boosts it by a few more %, so that first point is worth keeping around.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Serpant ring it's called, there's also the mimic hat which gives you extra drops but also drains your life, it's good for farming humanities and shards in the depts.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

YEah I knew about humanity. I am at 10 pretty much all the time.

I eventually got a full Baldr armor set plus shield. Although it seems the hollow shield is still better. I even got a weapon drop in the end... a rapier.

Busy evening... filled with joys and rage...

I found a Balder side sword, I defeated The Moonlight butterfly, I killed the Capra demon, the 2 butchers (second one ambushed and killed me...) I cleaned the Depth for good (ugly place) and vanquished the Gaping dragon ( not that difficult but took me three try nevertheless...

Then came the ugly part... I went to Blightown, and lost 12 Humanity and 50 000 souls... I am pissed.
    Oh well, lessons learned I guess.

Can we skip that part ?

BTW: is the east armor worth upgrading ? Not that i have the material to do so at the time...
    Last edited by Drayk; 01-04-2013 at 01:21 AM.

Network Hub
    Can we skip that part ?
    Short story: Mostly, yes.

Long story: There's a way to Blighttown via Valley of Drakes, which skips out Upper Blighttown and a good 75% of the lower swamp. You only have to deal with one sniper, less opportunity to fall to your death, less mosquitos and no ghouls.

You also miss out on a shield that will make a certain pair of assholes in Anor Londo fairly simple, even for a low STR character.
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Which shield do you mean?

Eagle?
    steam: sketch

Yeah. Eagle gives the stability of a tower and makes not getting staggered by a couple of assholes with bows VERY easy.

Network Hub
    I actually don't think it looks too horrible on PC; the textures are fairly decent. The main issues are the lighting and the framerate cap, and I have a feeling both of these issues may get solved by a resourceful modder.
    I'm still kind of happy that Namco did port this onto the PC just because PC gamers asked for it. But seriously, would it have killed them to make it a little bit more computer friendly?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I haven't played a game in years (including the first Souls game, but also perhaps because I had played that) that was as immediately engaging as Dark Souls. The port could've been a helluva lot worse and still gotten into my good graces.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    I haven't played a game in years (including the first Souls game, but also perhaps because I had played that) that was as immediately engaging as Dark Souls. The port could've been a helluva lot worse and still gotten into my good graces.
    Yeah i agree. I think it still a amazing looking games. Might not be the pretiest but it has a unique feel. I use the résolution patch and it looks crispier. Some armors are also beautiful.

They reduced Eagle Shield's 100% damage reduction to 95% but it's still one of the best shields IMO. If it could parry I wouldn't carry anything else.