Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus thegooseking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleekill View Post
    Pretty surprised nobody has mentioned Day Z yet.
    Only the two posts prior to yours were written after Day Z was released; all the others were from before that.
    "Moronic cynicism is a kind of na´vetÚ. It's na´vetÚ turned inside-out. Na´vetÚ wearing a sneer." -Momus

Yeah I just thought somebody would've dug up this thread I guess. Anyways the OP should check out Day Z for sure.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    My understanding is that while Day Z was at one time a survival game of the sort described, it's mostly a deathmatch game on a very large map at this point.

well it's not your average death match game because of tons of zombies running around and the constant need for resources. yeah, players kill each other but that's what is awesome about it. You have to worry about ruthless humans players AND ai.

I'm looking forward to the more polished release though, I don't own it yet

Obscure Node
    Bump. Interested into this too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Developers of Men Of War,are making rpg set in post-apocalyptic settings.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...nuclear-union/

[img]http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/imag...jul/union3.jpg[/img]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Obscure Node
    Probably will only be available in 2013/2014...

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Still keeping an eye on The Dead Linger, a KS project I backed several months ago. Not completely unlike Day Z, perhaps with more of an emphasis on a creative relationship with the world (crafting/modifying/constructing). How it will turn out is anyone's guess. The pitch was sound, but the dev sometimes comes off as more ambitious than might be warranted given the scope of even a modest implementation of the intended game.

Obscure Node
    Sorry to resurect a dead thread, but theres a few games that fit the genra now that I'd like to list for people!
    Realm Explorer - RPG MMO/Single player - Open world with endless generation and many survival elements.
    Dysis - RTS (not sure about how many people could play yet) Open world with possibly other planets in the future with endless generation of the world.
    Kenshi - An open world RTS/RPG game that can be solo char or with your own army/faction.

I may have more to post later, theres a few more I dont have on hand yet.

Activated Node
    I'd imagine that Miasmata (link to GoG) might fit that bill. I haven't played it yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I'd imagine that Miasmata (link to GoG) might fit that bill. I haven't played it yet though.
    Saw this thread and just came on to say that.

Miasmata does seem to fit that bill quite a bit, being that you're fighting a disease, hiding from a terrifying predator, and trying to cure yourself all at the same time.

Not sure if anyone's mentioned Don't Starve yet, but it also fits the bill.

Don't Starve may be of interest - there's a demo that runs on Chrome if you're trying to make up your mind; full beta version is on Chrome and Steam. You play as a Victorian scientist-type who's lost in the wilderness and has to scavenge, craft, and keep a fire burning at night to survive.

Tangential, but possibly of interest, is UnReal World RPG, which is a sort of roguelike based in neolithic Finland. I keep meaning to check it out, but going purely by the website description it sounds like it could be close to what you're looking for.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Notrium (Free)

2D Sci fi, Survival on hostile Planet,Shooter Elements

http://www.instantkingdom.com/notrium/
    ---

Neoscavenger (got that one in some Bundle,and was quite taken)

2D,turn Based ,Fallout like Settings ,not finished yet but playable

http://bluebottlegames.com/main/node/21
    ---
    Great Search Engine for Game bargains:
    http://isthereanydeal.com/?by=price:asc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    It's a shame the rogue survivor dev is now working on an FPS "sequel" with blocky graphics developed from scratch and hasn't updated the original in months. There was still a lot missing from that game.

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of FPS survival games, but not that kind. The kind that never gets done and looks like shit.

Activated Node
    While not a pure survival game, there's a specific mod for STALKER Call of Pripyat that is worth checking out. It's called Misery. It's basically a big overhaul mod that tries to improve the game in every way possible. It adds a bunch of new mechanics, to weapons, to graphical stuff, and more. It's pretty popular and people are talking highly about it.

Anyway, so this mod enhances the survival aspect of the game. STALKER COP already has a nice survival feeling, but with this mod it's improved quite a bit.

Their new version is almost out and it's looking quite big. For instance, they say they will have 150 different guns (many of these guns will be different quality versions of the same type, worn, new, etc). They say it's going to be released this year, which means it will be out soon.

Link:
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-misery
    Last edited by BlackAlpha; 02-12-2012 at 10:54 PM.

Banned
    Such a shame that Project Zomboid seems to have fallen through as that would fit the bill nicely.

As suggested earlier Fallout 3 Wanderer Edition is a good one, or New Vegas in Hardcore mode.

Wurm Online is another.

There's the Stalker series as well.