Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Regarding missions, that's why I put in the question mark. And surely, the point of mods is to go beyond the intended design of the game? I for one would welcome the chance to take three squad members.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oshada View Post
    And surely, the point of mods is to go beyond the intended design of the game?
    Sure, but the ME games don't allow for it in their design. In something like DA:O or NWN, yes - you can go beyond the four or five because the UI and so forth can accommodate it. ME1/2/3 can't.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oshada View Post
    And surely, the point of mods is to go beyond the intended design of the game?
    "Yeah, the game is great and all, but do you know what would be better? If the devs spent time making it possible for us to make the game worse. That's be awesome."
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    "Yeah, the game is great and all, but do you know what would be better? If the devs spent time making it possible for us to make the game worse. That's be awesome."
    Some of my favourite games depend on mods to be as good as they can be, it's often the ultimate way to experience the game.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Some of my favourite games depend on mods to be as good as they can be, it's often the ultimate way to experience the game.
    It's the ketchup of add-ons, tho. Some people think it goes with everything.

It does not go with everything.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

It's the ketchup of add-ons, tho. Some people think it goes with everything.

It does not go with everything.
    Some people eat ketchup with everything, we might consider them freaks but it would be inaccurate to say they are 'wrong'.

TBH edit: unless a game is perfect a mod could make it better. I don't believe a perfect game exists.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 10-03-2012 at 04:34 PM.

Some people eat ketchup with everything, we might consider them freaks but it would be inaccurate to say they are 'wrong'.
    No, I'm pretty sure they're wrong.

If you go to a Japanese restaurant and demand ketchup on your ikura, I'm positive the waiter has a moral right - if not an obligation - to smack you upside the head.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

No, I'm pretty sure they're wrong.

If you go to a Japanese restaurant and demand ketchup on your ikura, I'm positive the waiter has a moral right - if not an obligation - to smack you upside the head.
    Japan, the home of rational thinking?

Japan, the home of rational thinking?
    /smacks you upside the head
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    I have HP sauce with everything, including roasts.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    When I was young I never found anything that ketchup made worse. My parents wouldn't let me try it with ice cream though. Tyrants.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    When I was young I never found anything that ketchup made worse. My parents wouldn't let me try it with ice cream though. Tyrants.
    And what's stopping you now?

(If you want the ultimate, try hot lime pickle with ice cream, it's cold, but it's hot.)

Lesser Hivemind Node westyfield's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    ME1 needed less guns & armour, ME2 was fine. Same with armour. And powers.
    ME1 needs fewer weapons, but more variety in those it has. I'm playing it atm, and the only weapons I can tell apart are the normal assault rifles (which all sound the same and have the same rate-of-fire), and the Geth Pulse Rifle (which pew-pews the crap out of everything). Minor variations in accuracy and cooling do not help.

Mass Effect 1? A shotgun with explosive rounds and lots of coolant. You shoot people and they fly off onto the sky. Especially insane paired with singularity.

Well mass effect 3 brought back explosive shells, sure it has a time delay but since I got this pistol I've been reducing all of my enemies to tasty meat... Except the metal ones. Now I just need a badass expanded clip and a scope and I know which gun I'm using until the end of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by westyfield View Post
    ME1 needs fewer weapons, but more variety in those it has. I'm playing it atm, and the only weapons I can tell apart are the normal assault rifles (which all sound the same and have the same rate-of-fire), and the Geth Pulse Rifle (which pew-pews the crap out of everything). Minor variations in accuracy and cooling do not help.
    Sniper rifle with rails and explosive shells. You overheat with every shot, but you would have overheated anyway, and there's nothing that can't be killed in one hit.

But then, I used the widow with damage enhancements in ME2 and 3, too. I like boomheadshot.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Sniper rifle with rails and explosive shells. You overheat with every shot, but you would have overheated anyway, and there's nothing that can't be killed in one hit.
    Garrus and Ashley on that set-up, me with my shotgun as a vanguard. Good times.