Hybrid View

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar

So Vietnameses Start to Export Games Too

7554, website 7554.vn

A very very old school First Person Shooter judging from gameplay videos on Youtube. Game engine is from Germany I think, but interestingly they used PhysX tech which is from the Yanks who call them Charlies. But anyway this is a game about war against the French in early 1950s, not the war in 1960s-70s. Not surprisingly there doesn't seem to have multiplayer. I guess the developer is not resourceful enough to maintain server operation.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    Not surprisingly there doesn't seem to have multiplayer. I guess the developer is not resourceful enough to maintain server operation.
    HNGGGG.... But do they have an english version for this, if they plan to release this outside Vietnam? It looks good.

Reminds me of the Codies from the KL studio making Malaysia's first game. Ahh, GRID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    GRID is a Malaysian game? as in, Race Driver: GRID is the FIRST Malaysian game? If you'll excuse me, I'll be over there writing a letter to all mayor developers demanding the opening of more Malaysian game studios. Holy hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    GRID is a Malaysian game? as in, Race Driver: GRID is the FIRST Malaysian game? If you'll excuse me, I'll be over there writing a letter to all mayor developers demanding the opening of more Malaysian game studios. Holy hell.
    Yep, there's a studio in Kuala Lumpur that the Codies opened up. Don't know if they made anything else other than GRID.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    As i know creators of GRID are codemasters and Sega,now if they're vietnamese,i don't know :o

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Well, I am fairly certain that most of GRiD was programmed locally in Southam at the Codies Farm....

Of course, all of Britain may be considered a Malaysian colony. That'd be something!
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Lesser Hivemind Node NecroKnight's Avatar
    Kinda reminds me of the old COD games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    This game has English version, but I presume it's hard to locate, Amazon.com doesn't stock this to begin with.

And hey, Southeast Asia is always considered to be a new star in IT, both software and hardware development. Malaysia, Thailand and Singapore are all key players. I used to buy HDD which were manufactured in Malaysia, until I started to adopt factory assembled PCs from Dell, which are in favor of Samsung HDDs.