Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Here we go again, St Patrick's day bundle coming

Announced and available for preorder. This is the teaser from the official site:

The Bundle is headlined by an explosive FPS with a future-leaning setting, available on Windows as a Steam key, Desura key and DRM-free download. Next up the flagpole is a jaunty Windows and Mac adventure game, available on Steam, DRM-free, and on Desura, arrr. Also featured - a brainy Steam-enabled Windows and Mac title 'dispensing' RTS action. Rounding out the bundle is an Indie Royale exclusiveWindows/Mac debut (DRM-free and Desura) for an acclaimed satirical platformer, plus a bonus DRM-free Windows RPG overhead shooter from the same creator.
    As usual, they have confirmed on twitter none has been featured in a bundle before. I came up with some guesses, but I had to squeeze my brain to the last drop (not)

Hard Reset, Jolly Rover, Achron or Vertex Dispenser & DLC Quest and if the last guess is correct the bonus should be Land of the Evildoer (PC debut) - all links are to store pages. Plus, of course the usual free album for those who preorder.

Last time I preordered for the first time and was pretty much disappointed. This one doesn't look too pretty either, although I'm curious about Jolly Rover and the whole bundle costs less than that game alone. Also, when it starts raining bundles, usually it pours... guess I'll be trying some demos tonight.

Links to reviews:

Achron: RPS, metacritic
    Hard Reset: RPS, metacritic
    Jolly Rover: metacritic, adventuregamers, critical gamer
    Vertex Dispenser: RPS, metacritic
    Last edited by alms; 13-03-2012 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Added VD and links to reviews

Network Hub
    Pretty sure one of those will be Vertex Dispenser?

Banned
    Looks like more videos to do Casts of. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    Pretty sure one of those will be Vertex Dispenser?
    Mmmmh. That would look much better then Achron, judging solely from the end all be all solution to judging a game's quality, i.e. Metacritic.

Isn't Hard Reset bound to Steam?
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Isn't Hard Reset bound to Steam?
    It's being sold on other shops as well but I have no idea whether they are just selling a steam key or not. It's a single player game anyway, so it shouldn't be overly reliant on Steam.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Hard Reset on gamersgate says its Steamworks, so I can't see them making a DRM-free version. Also they are selling it for €28 so can't see it going for €3 in a bundle but you never know.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Jolly Rover is terrible.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Might skip it then, ty for the guestimation
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Np, I simply copy pasted it :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Achron's more of a tech demo than a game, but the tech in question is absolutely revolutionary and badly needs to be implemented in some other games. Strategy fans are doing themselves a disservice not playing that one, if only to see what real time travel does to a strategy game.
    Last edited by vinraith; 12-03-2012 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    Hard Reset on gamersgate says its Steamworks, so I can't see them making a DRM-free version.
    Ironic considering how before the release devs touted how the game would be DRM-free.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    Jolly Rover is terrible.
    Counterpoint: I liked Jolly Rover! (Both the conversations and the puzzles).
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Jolly Rover was enjoyable enough, but the whole "everyone is a dog" thing irked me in several wrong ways.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira- View Post
    Ironic considering how before the release devs touted how the game would be DRM-free.
    They also released the demo on other sites without Steam. Maybe they have a DRM free copy, but Ubisoft told them pirates would steal it and then says bad things about them so they kept it to themselves until a really cheap bundle came along. I would really like it to be in the bundle as I pre-ordered and it would make a handy gift.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Jolly Rover was enjoyable enough, but the whole "everyone is a dog" thing irked me in several wrong ways.
    You woulda loved Inherit The Earth, then!
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Delete the post before Wulf sees it!
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Delete the post before Wulf sees it!
    He's been banned! His powers are useless!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Bakke View Post
    He's been banned! His powers are useless!
    Wait, what? really? huh. Can't say I'll miss him, if I'm honest.

Considering that people debated if Monday night combat was going to be in the "Fast online team FPS" a few bundles back and it ended up being Dino D-Day I will reserve my thoughts to myself to stop the curse.