Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Banned from RPS Steam Chatroom?

So, yeah, I'm banned from the RPS Steam Chatroom, and I have no idea why. :| Tried to get on there today and "You are banned from this chat".

None of the moderators will add me.

What the hell am I meant to do here?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Did this banning coincide with you dissin' Richard Garriott & Peter Molyneux? Just throwing it out there. :)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Did this banning coincide with you dissin' Richard Garriott & Peter Molyneux? Just throwing it out there. :)
    Nah, the last time I was in it had to be half a year or more ago.

So, I guess it might've coincided with it. But can you even ban someone if they're not in the chatroom?

Quote Originally Posted by R-F View Post
    So, I guess it might've coincided with it. But can you even ban someone if they're not in the chatroom?
    No. You were kicked/banned while you were in the room. I can't remember the exact/specific reasons, but you were being very disruptive, bringing forum arguments into the chat room, generally being angry and shouty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Unaco View Post
    No. You were kicked/banned while you were in the room. I can't remember the exact/specific reasons, but you were being very disruptive, bringing forum arguments into the chat room, generally being angry and shouty.
    How long ago was this?

Are flippant bans permanent?

How long ago was this?

I couldn't say specifically, as I don't know the specifics. I do seem to recall it went by standard procedure... you were warned, kicked, and then you returned and continued, and so you were banned.
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Unaco View Post
    I couldn't say specifically, as I don't know the specifics. I do seem to recall it went by standard procedure... you were warned, kicked, and then you returned and continued, and so you were banned.
    The fact none of the moderators are actually willing to talk to me is at issue here, really. It's just a bit dodgy for a community Steam chat.

You aren't allowed to be disruptive or cause arguments. Unless of course you are Alexander Norris and then it is your job.

Will you be permanently flippant if they unban you?

R-F, I'm going to be blunt here. You are the only regular RPS comment/forum poster who I have considered blocking entirely. I'm a tolerant and forgiving sort who constantly self-censors, and you are so frequently inconsiderate that my patience may yet wear out.

I do not know who is responsible for the chat moderation, but perhaps if you put more thought and care into what you write then this kind of thing wouldn't happen.

No hard feelings. Even Horatio Caine may still one day put on his sunglasses and say something insightful.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    /popcorn

10char
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    /popcorn

10char
    Screw popcorn. I'm getting the Hot dog and Large cinema sized Bottle of Pepsi.
    Official RPS Thread argument catalyst.

I would not define being banned for being insulting as "flippant," if that's what happened.

I'll see if Null is willing to talk to you in private.

Also, this should have been raised with Null directly and privately in the first place rather than posted in the (wrong) forum.
    Last edited by Ansob; 13-03-2012 at 08:29 PM.
    Multinational man of misery.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    I dunno why people insist on complaining about being banned. It never goes well. Own your shit and move forward.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansob View Post
    I would not define being banned for being insulting as "flippant," if that's what happened.

I'll see if Null is willing to talk to you in private.

Also, this should have been raised with Null directly and privately in the first place rather than posted in the (wrong) forum.
    Thank you.

Network Hub
    I was banned a long time ago for voicing my opinions on various games which didn't agree with the people in charge. Basically I've found in "gaming communities" you have to generally agree with everything the people in charge say othewise you will be branded a troll.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo1981 View Post
    I was banned a long time ago for voicing my opinions on various games which didn't agree with the people in charge. Basically I've found in "gaming communities" you have to generally agree with everything the people in charge say othewise you will be branded a troll.
    My experience differs. I've had plenty of differing opinions on forums, but I've never been banned from anywhere for expressing them. It's usually not what you say but how you choose to say it that gets you banned.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I remember being banned for several times on one certain forum,for quite stupid reason actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo1981 View Post
    While I have no idea what you put, so nothing personal here, thats typically the defense of someone who says something along the lines of "Game X is shit, everything about it is shit and you are a shit person for liking such shit!".

Network Hub
    Never been banned from anything for disagreeing. Never seen anyone banned for simple disagreement.

Seen a lot of persecution complexes though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    I recently got perm banned from a forum I'd been a member of for about 8 years. The ban wasn't even for anything I'd done or said on the forum. They were doing a revamp of their site, they asked me if I'd do them a new logo (which I spend a fair amount of time on tbh), which their web 'designer' (I use that term loosely) then managed to mangle completely without my knowledge or consent (just because you've got Adobe illustrator doesn't actually make you a graphic designer people). When it came out, I wasn't too chuffed (if I'm doing work for gratis then I expect it to be used as is, so it can be referenced as a portfolio piece..that's the pay off Vs getting paid)and vocalized my unhappiness over what had been done (plus it looks terrible) If they wanted changes then they should of come back to me in the first place and I'd of reworked it...something I do with any project. Anyhows they got all uptight defensive and before I knew it I'd lost my LA privileges (although I made them pull the logo and all the articles I'd written for the site entirely). Initially I was pissed off (after all I'd not actually gone anything wrong...save mistake them for professionals), but now I just think 'fuck em', their loss. One has to accept that sometimes those in charge are neither rational or fair minded.
    Last edited by Kadayi; 14-03-2012 at 02:06 PM.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Persons of disinterest: Nalano, deano2099