Page 394 of 394 FirstFirst ... 294344384392393394
Results 7,861 to 7,873 of 7873
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Eight Rooks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Weeabundle™. Lots of half-baked games in there, I think.
    BTA is arguably worth it for Gurumin alone; a superb game and one of Falcom's best. Pretty easy, but an absolute joy to play and stuffed to the gills with wonderful little touches (the heroine has more moves and attacks than many a triple-A third person action title). The only reason I haven't picked it up is I can't stand the English dub (oh, God, I'm such a nerd* ).

But yeah, overall it's not great. Vanguard Princess has some strong art and plays fairly well but it's underage sexualised characters all the way and a bare-bones singleplayer with a horrifically overpowered final boss. 99 Spirits is okay, but very simplistic with minimal art design and has the potential to become very, very boring in anything bar small doses. Other than Gurumin this certainly isn't the best glorious Nippon has to offer.

(* Seriously, though, I listened to the trailer and it sounded like the laziest Saturday morning cartoon rubbish going. The PSP port had the Japanese.**)

(** Although I originally played it like ten years ago, the Japanese PC release. Oh, God, I'm even more of a nerd.)
    Smashwords (my stories) | Steam | Twitter | Wattpad (my stories)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Gurumin sounds interesting, I'll check it out. But I can't accept giving money to the developer of Vanguard Princess, it's seriously creepy shit.
    Edit: Ooh, charity slider! Nice.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Eight Rooks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Gurumin sounds interesting, I'll check it out. But I can't accept giving money to the developer of Vanguard Princess, it's seriously creepy shit.
    I can tolerate it, but... yup, totally don't blame you, and I don't think Vanguard Princess is really worth tolerating it for, to be honest. If it helps, it's been a while, but to the best of my recollection there is nothing even close to that in any of Gurumin. It's not really something Nihon Falcom go in for - the Legend of Heroes games, the second of the most recent trilogy, I remember the original translator working on it at Carpe Fulgur called one joke out as problematic on Twitter (and got a posse of nerds screaming about MAH ARTISTIC FREEDOMS for his pains). The evil character from Brandish dresses in a ridiculously skimpy outfit. Other than that I can't think of anything (though there may well be something for all I know - it's just passed me by if so).
    Last edited by Eight Rooks; 30-07-2015 at 09:31 PM.
    Smashwords (my stories) | Steam | Twitter | Wattpad (my stories)

Activated Node
    Anyone wants a key for Darkest Hour shoot me a PM. I grabbed the bundle for Ancient Space only :p

Uff missed out on Sky Rogue!
    Last edited by Pulstar; 30-07-2015 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulstar View Post
    Uff missed out on Sky Rogue!
    It was the IGS game a few weeks ago.

Make that a few months, almost 7 now :) But yup the post is simply about the Steam key being added to the wallet on IGS.
    The Onward March of Bundles - filling your backlog since 1911
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    It's probably safe to say Warlock appeals more to the type of player who's not hardcore about strategy,
    [glances at play time in Shogun 2, Long War, MOO] Says here one can be downright frowny and spartan about strategy and still enjoy a bit of Warlock :)

Also it inherits its aesthetics from other games by the same devs that precede both it and Civ V (Fantasy Wars, Other Thing That Likely Also Has Trolls)
    Auto Nordic Death Cam
    ~ Grim portraits of quickload

New Steam keys: Spectrum: A Puzzle Platformer (dev changed their mind about direct distribution, Flying GL), MANOS: The Hands of Fate Director's Cut (HmMMF2Wkly).

The Groupees Shoppaholic Bundle has unlocked 8-bit Commando.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Weeabundle™. Lots of half-baked games in there, I think.
    No worse than the quality of most bundles this year. Maybe even better than average?

One piece of bundle fodder (Vanguard Princess) that at least comes with its DLC. A bundle repeat (99 Spirits) that is at least probably a more worthwhile game than Vanguard Princess. Vulkaiser and Gurumin might actually be new to bundles. Gurumin is an old game (initial release in 2004), but supposedly isn't bad. Neo-Aquarium earns a look due to its weird concept, even if I'd bet that it is dead online. I put Sacred Tears True on my Steam Wishlist at some point, so I guess that at some point I saw something about it that made it at least slightly interesting to me. Hyper Dimension Neptunia is an Idea Factory game that isn't considered terrible, and at this point it only costs a few dollars more than the BTA anyway.

Okay, yeah, some of that doesn't sound that positive. But I'd have a harder time even being that positive about many bundles released in the last few months.

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Make that a few months, almost 7 now :) But yup the post is simply about the Steam key being added to the wallet on IGS.
    Was it really? God... I've started to lose time again... Better check the basement for bodies I guess.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    To be fair, there is apparently a decent chance that the original creator of the game gets little to no money from it anyway. Vanguard Princess was created by one person, and was released as freeware. The paid version is the English-localized version and is published by the comic book publisher eigoMANGA. Even after eigoMANGA started selling the English language version, you could still download the free Japanese version. (eigoMANGA apparently claimed that the free Japanese downloads were often infected with viruses and malware?) When asked about what kind of deal they had with the original creator (such as whether the original creator received any money), eigoMANGA refused to say, citing that they couldn't give details of the business arrangement. (Though they did at least acknowledge that an arrangement existed.)

Groupees WGN Carlmageddon 2 is now live and featuring: Starwalker, After the End: Harvest, Spirit Run: Fire VS Ice, Pilot Crusader, Airport Madness 4, Pulut Adventure and Recursion Deluxe as a bonus.

https://groupees.com/carlmageddon2

BundleStars Adventure Heroes: Edna & Harvey: The Breakout, The Detail Episode 1, 1953 - KGB Unleashed, Claire, Oknytt, Joe's Diner, Doorways: Chapter 1 & 2, Lucius

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundl...heroes-bundle/

IndieGala has brought back last week's Every Monday as the Weekend Getaway Encore, yours for $1.99: Double Dragon Neon [IG Dragon T2] Double Dragon Trilogy, Will Fight for Food: Super Actual Sellout - Game of the Hour [BaB2, IF Countdown5, G ShinyLt2] Stay Dead Evolution [BiaB3 BTA] Dusty Revenge: Co-Op Edition

https://www.indiegala.com/weekend

And finally, a Mortal Kombat X bundle from BundleStars.

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundl...mbat-x-bundle/

For I Am The Almighty Announcer of Keys:

The following all Steam, all on Groupees: The Deletion, NANOS, and Project Druid.

IndieGala InSUNity has unlocked Odysseus: Long Way Home and Garden Rescue. Link in post #1 (just click sig)