Page 3 of 304 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Obscure Node
    Indie Royale now has the Ninja pack up, Ancients of Ooga, Cloning Clyde, A Kingdom for Keflings & Outpost Kaloki. Nothing impressive to be honest :\

It's not even pouring any more, it's becoming an endless stream. Added BeMine2 to second post, complete game list with links. Looks like my backlog is about to get longer, again.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Literally got me eyes popping out of the skull. IndieGale 3 is online, and they closed 2 just... days? ago. Will update first post ASAP.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Holy mother of f... what the hell, this is getting way beyond freaking ridiculous.

Edit: Wow, KILLING FLOOR?! I already have it so it doesn't particularly interest me, but oh boy, this bundle is gonna sell like pancakes just because of that one game. Jesus.
    Last edited by Rauten; 24-03-2012 at 11:15 PM.

Yeah and yeah. However, KF will be a bonus and it's still not clear whether it will be locked with the usual BTA mechanic or something else.

(FTR I caved in and got IG3 as well...)

Activated Node
    Hey Alms, I just stumbled on this thread and it is great. I host a small tumblr dedicated as well to keep track of bundles and stuff (http://indiebundles.tumblr.com/), but you seem to be far more informed about floating bundles. WOuld you be okay with meborrowing some of your news?

Sure. Would be nice to get some credit :)

Activated Node
    Most definitely. Thank you very much.

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    These are some sad, sad, bundles. All mediocre games. I especially like the audacity of the "Indie Face Kick" bundle, which not only has a fucking stupid name, but also is basically just a bunch of shitty meridian 4 games bundled together.

Avadon is awesome, so if you don't have it already get the HIB, and the current "Be Mine" bundle is pretty good, but with all the others it looks like the whole "bundle fad" is really scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

Yes this bundles are complety underwhelming, I'm vaguely interested in Twin Sector from the IndieGala but the reviews I found are terrible. Plain Sight and Deathspank from the bemine look interesting too.
    I guess we have to wait for a proper HIB to get excited again.

Network Hub
    Frankly shit bundles tbh. Quality not quantity. I remember getting some amazing games with HIB for instance but right now the quality just isn't there.

What irks me a little is that some of these bundles are showing that bundles are now on the radar of publishers, Meridian4 publishes half the games in the IFK and 80% of IG3.

As for the bundles themselves, whether they are worth the money or not is an entirely personal matter, and you know what they say about tastes... but they almost always are so cheap that really, I'm hardly ever gonna lose my sleep over a couple of impulse purchases.

And one of the things I like about bundles is I end up trying (and loving) games I wouldn't have given a chance otherwise, like Avadon or Runespell.

One game added to HIB6.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    One game added to HIB6.
    Unfortunately. Their "uncensored original" Smuggle Truck is pretty awful. I love that they justify this as "satire". I'd like to see them give a detailed explanation about how they think that works, and what exactly they're satirizing.

This looks pretty similar to what molleindustria usually does (they also had one of their games submitted to the AppStore, and obviously rejected, guess which one).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Despite being an Android fan (and developer) I've avoided the Android bundles because the games they offer are simply unsuited to a phone (and in many cases, will run like shit on one) - IMO, of course.

Someone gifted me the latest HiB tho and so I dived in and - oh what a waste of time that was...

The HiB App itself won't download - not a huge loss but not a great idea either, really...

Avadon is billed as a tablet game which is fair enough, the 23 people stupid enough to have bought the overpriced shit which masquerades as Android Tablets will be pleased with that I guess but that's useless to me because I have more sense.

My development phone is an HTC Desire - not a great phone but in power terms it's faster than about 2/3rds of Android devices out there and a VERY popular handset. Despite this, only ONE of the other games will actually work on it - and that (Zen Bound 2) is so slow as to be unplayable!!

So what you have here is a range of games which work on a fraction of Android devices - that's not really very good is it??

I am disappoint, really...

p.s. I did a bit of kicking and got Canabalt working - but I hate Canabalt so that's not really improved my mood :)
    Last edited by trjp; 28-03-2012 at 12:35 AM.

Uh-oh, IG3 bonuses aren't looking good... but we should know next saturday for sure. And April Fools' is getting close, unless the IR guys were pulling our collective leg.

BTW here's another couple of bundles in case anyone's interested:

IndieVania Bundle4Dead
    eXceed Collection

IG3 Bonus game revealed, HIB to add an account feature similar to that IG already has.

Flaout addead to IG3? Really?

I bought HiB for Android #2. Just to try the PC versions since I don't have an Android phone (it would be cool to get iOS codes too, but I guess that's Apple's fault)

Canabalt: the game is the same we know and love/hate, but with multiplayer. It's a really lousy PC port, being just a Flash or Adobe Air .exe without even a icon.

Snuggle Truck: Another lousy port, all the menus are in 5:4 aspect ratio and then the game plays on widescreen. That's really lazy from the devolopers, specially when the asking price is $5 on Steam. It's not that fun but I guess it's OK. Key binding is a pain in the ass, couldn't get my xbox controller to work properly with it.

Zen Bound 2: Looks great, I like the concept, the menus really nice and minimalistic and the music is quite soothing. Plays like hell, the mouse control makes the game literally unplayable. I know it was designed for touchscreens but they could've at least tried to make the game somewhat manageable. No controller support.

Cogs: I already had it from a previous bundle, it is a good puzzle game, but it is also a bad port. I don't get why most of these games don't have widescreen support. They are all avaible for Android phones and iPhone. Those devices are widescreen and they have crazy high resoultions too!

Avadon: The Black Fortress: I hate turn based roll playing games. I launched the game just to check it out and got instantly grabbed by it. It's pretty good and interesting, I will definitely coming back to this one. Probably worth getting the bundle for this one if you like the genre or are willing to try it.

Swords & Soldiers: I was to cheap to BTA (wich is pretty high at $6.40) and this game didn't look that interesting.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by sopabuena View Post
    Zen Bound 2: Looks great, I like the concept, the menus really nice and minimalistic and the music is quite soothing. Plays like hell, the mouse control makes the game literally unplayable. I know it was designed for touchscreens but they could've at least tried to make the game somewhat manageable. No controller support.
    I bought ZB2 at launch and have played through it completely and it's fine with a mouse - you get the hang of the fiddlier stuff inside about 3-4 levels and I have NO idea how you could make it work with a controller...???

Quote Originally Posted by sopabuena View Post
    Swords & Soldiers: I was to cheap to BTA (wich is pretty high at $6.40) and this game didn't look that interesting.
    I bought S&S on Wii and loved it - bought it in a Steam sale on PC and loved it again and I've finally managed to kick the Android version into working (it needs a LOT of spare memory) and it seems fine!?