Page 4 of 291 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by sopabuena View Post
    Zen Bound 2: Looks great, I like the concept, the menus really nice and minimalistic and the music is quite soothing. Plays like hell, the mouse control makes the game literally unplayable. I know it was designed for touchscreens but they could've at least tried to make the game somewhat manageable. No controller support.
    I bought ZB2 at launch and have played through it completely and it's fine with a mouse - you get the hang of the fiddlier stuff inside about 3-4 levels and I have NO idea how you could make it work with a controller...???

Swords & Soldiers: I was to cheap to BTA (wich is pretty high at $6.40) and this game didn't look that interesting.
    I bought S&S on Wii and loved it - bought it in a Steam sale on PC and loved it again and I've finally managed to kick the Android version into working (it needs a LOT of spare memory) and it seems fine!?

Well, I had the iPhone version of ZB2 and playing the PC version now seems like a whole different experience (far worse). Most controllers have dual analog sticks wich would work great in a game like this. The Steams forums are full with people finding the mouse control awkward and unresponsive.

About S&S, I have nothing against it, just not my cup of tea.

Flaout addead to IG3? Really?
    Really, just minutes ago. I was hoping for something more juicy. Still, there are a few games in the last IG3 that I'm curious to try, regardless of their MC scores.

I hate turn based roll playing games. I launched the game just to check it out and got instantly grabbed by it. It's pretty good and interesting, I will definitely coming back to this one. Probably worth getting the bundle for this one if you like the genre or are willing to try it.
    LOL. Yes, I understand that very well. It's definitely the standout title. Now I'm several dozen hours in it and beginning to grow a bit tired. So the idea of going through another cycle of housekeeping then a new area, and the usual routine that goes with it... the temptation to go play something else "just tonight" was really strong.

Then I put myself to it, and without even noticing, I was hooked again. A hour later I was all about hunting down the new bad guy, time literally flying away. I don't know what this game does to me but indeed, it does it very well.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Hey my fellow bundle hunters, news for today:

Humble 6 ends today.
    Indie Royale April Fools Bundle opens preorders 'early this week'
    Infinity Bundle: basically all SubSoap present (Faerie Solitaire) and future (2 games incl. FS2 and 2 other that are secret ATM). All major PC platforms, Android included, Steam keys included for FS and if/when available for the other games. Entry price is 27$
    IndieFort bundle by GamersGate: Cardinal Quest, Black Market, Kenshi, Steel Storm: Burning Retribution, Demise: Ascension, Wanderlust. Starts at 6$ thursday.

IndieFort looks yummy to me, although I don't think you get Steam keys for any of them. edit: turns out the only one which IS on Steam is Steel Storm, anyway.
    Last edited by alms; 02-04-2012 at 04:08 PM.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Indie Royale April Fools Bundle opens preorders 'early this week'
    Pre-orders have just gone live now.

Headlining the bundle in an acclaimed tower-defense game with a free built-in expansion (for Windows on Steam, Desura, and DRM-free). Featured alongside it is a retro turn-based dungeon crawler (for Windows and Mac in a Steam debut, Windows and Linux on Desura, and Windows/Mac/Linux DRM-free), a pair of titles from the same developer spanning platformer shooter and horizontal shmup (for Windows on Steam, Desura, and DRM-free), and an incendiary 2D action platformer (for Windows on Desura and DRM-free).

I bet it's going to be Defender's Quest.
    New! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Not so new anymore! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Activated Node
    My guess for the dungeon crawler is Hack, Slash, Loot.

Thanks for the heads up tossrStu.

I'll eat my hat if the TD is not Defense Grid: The Awakening which is a great game and totally worth the bundle. It's the only acclaimed TD game which has a free DLC that I can think of.

Since I already own it (courtesy of Vinraith who is the eternal recipient of my gratitude), I'm a bit torn about this. I might preorder on the off chance that some of the paid-for DLCs are included later as bonuses (I'd be happy with a couple of the Resurgence map packs), but I'm afraid the crawler could be Cardinal Quest which fits the description, is also available for Mac & Linux and that I might get from IndieFort. The last few bundles have been a bit weak on the sides, I mean the Desura games, and I'm not counting on another The Oil Blue to pop up.

<mumble> Decisions, decisions, decisions...

PS:

None of the Steam titles have been in other bundles. The non-Steam (Desura and DRM-free) title was in a minor one-off bundle. FYI!
    Last edited by alms; 03-04-2012 at 04:14 AM.

...and the top posts have been updated

edit: and again, the April Fools Bundle list has been confirmed.
    Last edited by alms; 03-04-2012 at 01:41 PM.

IndieRoyale is live, game list confirmed.

PS: and they even included the Resurgence maps :D

BeMine lineup confirmed, available for preorders now. Gonna update the main post again.

Any thoughts on the Gamersgate Bundle?

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/indiefort-bundle-1

I got enough blue coins for it, and I would get it solely for the game Kenshi. However, I do not know if it is really worth it as many people say it is really bare bone at the moment. Still, the idea of anything even remotely similar to Mount and Blade's RPG mechanics is intriguing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckee View Post
    Any thoughts on the Gamersgate Bundle?

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/indiefort-bundle-1

I got enough blue coins for it, and I would get it solely for the game Kenshi. However, I do not know if it is really worth it as many people say it is really bare bone at the moment. Still, the idea of anything even remotely similar to Mount and Blade's RPG mechanics is intriguing.
    There is - or at least there was -a demo for Kenshi but when I tried it I think the best description I could give is that it's a guess-a-thon of what the HELL you're supposed to be doing.

They said at the time it was 'some way behind' the full version but I've thrown 5 actors into the UDK editor and had more of a game than the demo had! :)

Time passes tho and the idea is solid - and 3.99 isn't a bank-breaker for a stack of games is it?

I feel guilty that I even thought about whether to spend <5 on something I'm mildly interested in - that's less than the price of most magazines and not much more than a large coffee and a biscuit!!

I played the Devil Whiskey demo roughly a decade ago and from what I remember it's pretty much an old-school pseudo first person RPG, not unlike Wizardry or Might & Magic.
    What they have changed since then, I do not know and neither do I know why the hell it hits digital distribution only now.
    New! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Not so new anymore! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Too bad they switched out Demise: Ascension, I'm not sure I'm gonna get this one after all.

Too bad they switched out Demise: Ascension, I'm not sure I'm gonna get this one after all.
    Agreed. Demise: Ascension was the tipping point for my interest in the bundle. Maybe it's one of the unlocks to arrive later?

There IS one secret unlockable @ 50,000 USD, and the target doesn't look out of reach, so I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Attached Images Attached Images

Last bonuses from IndieGala have been unveiled, updated top post accordingly.

BeMine2 has gone live.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    There IS one secret unlockable @ 50,000 USD, and the target doesn't look out of reach, so I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I don't think we'll see that unless they lower the bar a bit now...