Page 11 of 223 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    @Heliocentric, glad you like it.

For the more studious, here's an interesting article about the psychology of PWYW:

(...) people are motivated by several factors when presented with a PWYW opportunity; the most basic of which, is the desire to uphold their opinion of themselves. Giving more than is necessary in an anonymous way causes people to feel good about themselves. On the other hand, the offer is less appealing when being asked to pay in view of others, such as fellow patrons or the owner of a restaurant. In such a scenario, people feel forced into paying a certain price. They also shy away from opportunities when they feel pressured to buy at a price that is too high, hence those that choose to not buy at all, even when allowed to pay whatever they wanted. (...)
    The last conclusion is very interesting in light of the introduction of BTA mechanisms in many bundles.

http://phys.org/news/2012-04-pay-wha...ked-image.html
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I know I skipped a number of PWYW because I didn't feel right taking ownership of them for so little but I'm so backlogged I can't justify paying 'enough'. I'm struggling with that now with the Botanica bundle.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Say it with Clearlake, something to look forward to:

Lunar Flight will be part of an upcoming Space Based Indie Bundle on Steam later this month.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Indievania has launched another of their mini-bundles, this time is Milkstone studios: Motor Heat, Infinity Danger and Zombie Carnage Football, for 1$.

zOMG. "EA Indie Bundle" loaded on Steam

http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/14499

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    zOMG. "EA Indie Bundle" loaded on Steam

http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/14499
    EA Partners games, I'm assuming. Removing the games which are in the program but obviously aren't "indie", like Amalur, this bundle will probably have:

Deathspank and/or its sequel
    Shank and/or its sequel
    Warp

And that's all I can think of, at least for games sold on Steam.

You're quite correct of course, but if you click on "apps" on that page I linked you'll see the contents of the subscription. You basically only missed Gatling Gears.
    Last edited by alms; 02-05-2012 at 04:46 PM.

Ah, I am very observant, except when it comes to seeing things which are relevant to what I'm looking for.

Now setting aside the pretense of "indieness" by EA, none of those games were in previous bundles with the exception of Shank. Gatling Gears and Warp both require Origin. And the price is still unknown.

In other news: more from Kyttaro along the lines of real, real, real soon now. And the selection for the GameDev bundle has completed, release was originally planned in June.

The bundle is out http://store.steampowered.com/sub/14...r=1_4_4__106_1 for about $20. That's $10 more dollars than what I was willing to pay. I'm tempted to get Warp alone for $5...
    As far as I know, Warp only requires you to have an Origin/EA account and put that login information in-game. Pretty much everyone that has played an EA game on a PC or console in the last 5 years should already have an EA account.

IR May Hurray out.

Dungeon Defenders, Containment: The Zombie Puzzler, Data Jammers: Fast Forward, Brainpipe - A plunge to humanity, Weird World: Return to infinite space

Usual pricing - going to add more info to top post in a while.

Done. It's an interesting bundle if either you wanted Dungeon Defenders or for some reason you have a keen interest in Digital Eel's games (most of them seem to have polarized reviews)

Last 6h to get Botanicula's HIB.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Do we have any ideas what the last reveal in IG4 is going to be?

My guess is it's not a game as they seem to have said "all games now unlocked"!?

New IR does nothing for me - already have DD, the rest doesn't look too essential :)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space is a fun little space adventure game, plus you can throw your extra DD key at a friend and tell them to play.

One thing I really like with IR is that all the games are quirky and good for a little bit of fun. Not all of them are good games, but they will be different and fun for a short while, and its very cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    My guess is it's not a game as they seem to have said "all games now unlocked"!?
    Likely music, there were mentions of Giraffage.

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space is a fun little space adventure game, plus you can throw your extra DD key at a friend and tell them to play.

One thing I really like with IR is that all the games are quirky and good for a little bit of fun. Not all of them are good games, but they will be different and fun for a short while, and its very cheap.
    I was over on the implausibly archaic Shrapnel Games digital storefront just a couple of days ago looking at Weird Worlds longingly, wishing it and other Digital Eel games would come down in price and could be purchased from Steam or elsewhere.

Bundles answer. Oh yes, bundles answer in amazing ways. Really can't believe my luck today.

I still love you bundles, bundles.

Network Hub
    It's definitely a great bundle, especially if you don't already have Dungeon Defenders. Weird Worlds is quite a bit of fun, and seems perfect for a bundle game. Containment is pretty nice, too. Haven't tried the others yet.

Network Hub
    It's worth it for weird worlds. Christ I've been playing that game for what must be about 8 years now, brilliant 30-40 minute adventure games.

IR adds a couple of bonuses.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    IR adds a couple of bonuses.
    Most of which are available for free anyway!?

p.s. actually ALL of them are available for free (the albums are PWYW on Bandcamp, the games are free over at Shrapnel along with some others!!)

Not great 'bonuses' tho I guess they make sense as a Digital Eel package.