Page 36 of 268 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast
    i hope my game will be in bundle someday xd

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    It's crazy that you get 'points' just for existing tho - you just need an account for 2-3 days and you have 'max' points when it should take EONS - and you should get points for giving things away too surely!?>!> No idea where their idea of maths is anchored...
    The current system must have looked ingeniously simple before other competitors like IndieRoyale and IndieGala joined in and started the great bundle rush of late 2011. We also have the benefit of being external observers, in no way fond of the original system. And I doubt Steamgifts pays any bills, it's likely something on the side to help promote SteamGameSales.

So, I can see why the would go with a simple system that made the userbase develop very quickly.

That said, if they want to stick with the current model (and there was indication they wanted to do just that), they should have at least implemented an algorithm that automatically reduces the value of any game that registers a sudden surge in popularity.

Also, the 30$ cap on bundle game giveaways is a bad, bad choice (think of someone who bought, maybe full price, and gave away some game that was featured later in a bundle). For anyone who's sitting on a stockpile of free/cheap as dirt keys (and of course, no morals), the obvious choice is to create multiple accounts so to enter in all the contributor giveaways up to the 30$ mark and increase their chances. And multiple accounts were already widespread before that change...
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

IndieRoyale OktoberFest is live:

Hector: Badge of Carnage, Adventures of Shuggy, Chime, Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble, The Network.

Got it just for Shuggy and Chime, I'll have to check what the rest is. Top posts will be updated later today.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    IndieRoyale OktoberFest is live:

Hector: Badge of Carnage, Adventures of Shuggy, Chime, Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble, The Network.

Got it just for Shuggy and Chime, I'll have to check what the rest is. Top posts will be updated later today.
    Wow you post fast! Thanks! First time I bought a $4 bundle in indieroyale.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Holy crap! The Witch's Yarn is the bonus game! I haven't seen that game in ages!

Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    Wow you post fast! Thanks! First time I bought a $4 bundle in indieroyale.
    You're welcome. I used to be on top of most releases, but lately I've been too busy for that.

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    You're welcome. I used to be on top of most releases, but then I took an arrow to my mousing hand.
    Couldn't be avoided. I am sorry.
    steam

I really enjoyed the first dozen or so levels of Shuggy. At the moment I'm rather stuck on some of the slightly later time-travel ones (several versions of yourself on the screen at one time, with which you must not intersect) where it starts getting complicated.

It should be pointed out that Shuggy's available from the dev for 5 dollars, so don't get the bundle just for the sake of a nice puzzle-platformer (unless you pay less than that).
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Quote Originally Posted by squareking View Post
    Couldn't be avoided. I am sorry.
    Well played :P

BeMine Bundle #5 will go live tomorrow, details here.

BeMine Bundle #5 will go live tomorrow, details here.
    Instabuy.

Neo Scavenger looks pretty damned awesome, and I don't have any of the Tropicos, so now's a good time to try them out.

I have Oddworld though, I bought the Oddboxx pretty much as soon as it came out. I waited long enough, might as well have. :P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Tropico 3 is the best tropico, its pretty but still understands its own mechanics without drowning it in win buttons.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

The BeMine bundle is live (and mine :) ! I Bought it only for X-blades ..... Hah, just kidding. Tropico, Strangers Wrath and Neo Scavenger sounded great, especially for the $6,- I paid for them (yes, I'm cheap).
    Last edited by Olero; 05-10-2012 at 10:46 AM.
    Mijn Uitlaatklep - My (Dutch) blog about games, music and more

IndieGala has added a game (call-center sim?) and some music.

IndieGala has added a game (call-center sim?) and some music.
    It's one of the Greenlight games. Surprised to see them debuting there of all places now.

I only gave it a very rushed look but I was under the impression it was their game.

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Kung Fu Strike has been added as a goal for 8,500 bundles sold of Be Mine 5. With 7,725 sold to date and 11 days to go, looks pretty likely.

Happened to be on the page at the time of announcement, and the guy from the Be Mine 5 staff was in chat going, "what should I set the goal at?" before he picked the somewhat arbitrary 8,500 number. This is how business is done, people, ahahah.

Right now KFS is on sale for 25$ on Steam at $7.49. The KFS reward will be for buyers of the bundle at any price, including the $1 minimum, so long as the goal is hit. I've been interested in KFS, so good deal there.

The DLC is on sale on steam for 25% off at $2.24 until 10/12. I might pick that up.

BM5's Jonny Cappuccino also discussed some future plans:
    "we're thinking of adding another game for +5 purchase level and possibly a game after that for $8 purchases"

Last edited by icupnimpn2; 08-10-2012 at 06:32 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by icupnimpn2 View Post
    Kung Fu Strike
    Could they have tried any harder to look like Street Fighter 4?

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Not for a dollar, surely?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    It was the daily deal on Steam one day last week so I gave the demo a whirl and it was - err - OK I guess...

Controls didn't feel amazing - might just have been how early in the game it was, but it was clearly a button masher with just a bit of countering required!?

Still, for $1 or whatever...