Page 37 of 301 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by icupnimpn2 View Post
    This is how business is done, people, ahahah.
    No surprise there, ever noticed the constantly shifting deadlines on most bundles?

BTW the counter is already very close to the goal, so it's gonna be unlocked today.

"we're thinking of adding another game for +5 purchase level and possibly a game after that for $8 purchases"
    Well I've been sitting on the fence so far, this is just going to make me sit some more.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

PS: last half hour to get Oktoberfest bundle and ~6 hours for the Gala.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    It was the daily deal on Steam one day last week so I gave the demo a whirl and it was - err - OK I guess...

Controls didn't feel amazing - might just have been how early in the game it was, but it was clearly a button masher with just a bit of countering required!?

Still, for $1 or whatever...
    Oh! Oh! Wait till later to see how well button mashing works. TotalBiscuit compared it favorably to God Hand in its difficulty at later levels.
    Steam ID ; GFWL: alset85

FTR it has unlocked.

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Well I've been sitting on the fence so far, this is just going to make me sit some more.
    Why? No reason to wait for the +5 purchase level, as that would be a group goal of bundles sold, and the bundle is performing pretty well so far. It could only increase the level of a purchase for you, even at the minimum buy-in.

If you want to see what extra game you get at an $8 price, then just don't pay $8. You could buy the bundle now for $1 and get the unlocked KFS reward, or buy at $5 to get the extra games there. And then the +5 (simply meaning 5th unlock tier) would be extra value, whatever it was. Finally, you could add the difference between your purchase and $8 later if you want whatever that gets you.

I don't see any greater disincentive to buy knowing that there could be more stuff later.

I don't see any greater disincentive to buy knowing that there could be more stuff later.
    My fence sitting is mostly a consequence of my cold emotional response to this bundle. I'm postponing the purchase on the off-chance the hypothetical 8$+ game is something I really, really want. At the same time I'm hoping it's something I don't give a flying fsck about, so I can skip the whole bundle. And I could almost bet it'll be the latter.

Does this make any sense? if not, think of it like some sort of coping strategy based on avoidance. Insights into the troubled psychology of a bundle junkie.

~6 hours for the Gala.
    Scratch that, they added time and there's about 32 hours left as of now (I really wonder why they would use seconds instead of a normal timer like everybody else)

HIB is going to launch "a new kind of bundle" in about half hour.

aaaaaaaaaand live. eBook bundle:

BTA: Neil Gaiman & Dave McKean - Signal to Noise
    John Scalzi - Old Man's War
    Cory Doctorow - Pirate Cinema
    Paolo Bacigalupi - Pump Six
    Lauren Beukes - Zoo City
    Mercedes Lackey - Invasion
    Kelly Link - Stranger Things Happen
    Kelly Link - Magic for Beginners

PWYW, charity, DRM-Free, multiformat (PDF, Mobi, ePub - Kindle and iPad are both supported)

Books? Now that's novel. It's an entirely different beast than indie games, certainly. They give you previews of the first chapter of each book, and on top of that, the average price is almost double of what it normally is for a regular humble bundle. Maybe that's because the slice of Mac pie is also twice as large. They seem to have hit the right demographic there.

I'll be keeping an eye on this...

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Books? Now that's novel.
    I see what you did there.

GOG jumping on the pay-what-you-want bundle bandwagon with the Divinity Anthology:

http://www.gog.com/divinity

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    the average price is almost double of what it normally is for a regular humble bundle. Maybe that's because the slice of Mac pie is also twice as large.
    Well the current average of 12$ doesn't even buy you the Kindle version of Cory Doctorow's book on Amazon, and I'm not sure the ebook world has yet to see anything like steam daily deals, that surely must count for something? The BTA prize is a graphic novel by two celebrated/cult authors (Mirrormask too) which could explain why the platform averages are sort of converging, while at the same time the overall average is going up.

From a purely financial standpoint, I think what really counts still is the grand total, they're doing well so far but not as much as a full HIB.

Cripes, the average is going up as well. You're right, I'd say they're doing extremely well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Doesn't Doctorow normally release his eBooks 'for free' anyway or did he stop doing that!?

Doesn't Doctorow normally release his eBooks 'for free' anyway or did he stop doing that!?
    No idea, I picked him as an example because it was one of the more familiar sounding names in the list (I'm afraid my days as a voracious reader are long past me), that ebook is selling on Amazon for 14.90$.

http://www.amazon.com/Pirate-Cinema-...dp/B0089LOEBS/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    No idea, I picked him as an example because it was one of the more familiar sounding names in the list (I'm afraid my days as a voracious reader are long past me), that ebook is selling on Amazon for 14.90$.

http://www.amazon.com/Pirate-Cinema-...dp/B0089LOEBS/
    Doctorow is something of a trailblazer when it comes to digital rights and stuff like that - all his books are still available for free download in 'text' formats (not necessarily fully formatted ebooks) and his latest is too with the SLIGHT change that it doesn't permit derivation

http://craphound.com/pc/download/

He's fought quite a few battles in terms of getting publishers like Audible to back-off their draconian demands (he's not won them all) but generally he's a force for good in a world gone mad, I think.

Also, he wrote a book about someone who's father was a mountain, mother was a washing machine and his brothers included a set of russian 'Matryoska"? dolls who'd been separated against their will or something like that -it was quite 'out there' :)

Network Hub
    Also, he wrote a book about someone who's father was a mountain, mother was a washing machine and his brothers included a set of russian 'Matryoska"? dolls who'd been separated against their will or something like that -it was quite 'out there' :)
    That sounds bonkers. Do you remember the title?

Get ready for the next round of bundles, IndieRoyale Fall Bundle should be the first to go live followed by IndieGala X.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Get ready for the next round of bundles, IndieRoyale Fall Bundle should be the first to go live followed by IndieGala X.
    Didn't Oktoberfest end earlier this week? I thought that'd make the Fall Bundle release next week at the earliest? Or did they change their scheduling?

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Didn't Oktoberfest end earlier this week? I thought that'd make the Fall Bundle release next week at the earliest? Or did they change their scheduling?
    Oktoberfest went live on a Friday, something like 2 or 3 days after the end of Back to School - so I'm expecting the next one to go live today or tomorrow. But it's just my guess.