Page 52 of 277 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 5538
    Quote Originally Posted by mzlapq View Post
    And I am slightly annoyed, since I bought it just for this game, and only later noticed that this is the knock-off and not from the original developers (and it is now offered for free).
    So I was right first time, but my head's still spinning. Looks like Headup Games is acting as a publisher here, but that still doesn't explain why they would place a game in a bundle only to give it away for free the next day.

Also, Bundle Stars FAQ mentions that VAT will be charged for customers in the EU.
    Saw it. I can't honestly say I understand all the details, but doesn't it look strange to you that it's only them and not the established gigs?
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Two things I'd guess at.

1: the money from the sim bundle probably wouldn't have bought many lunches. I don't know IG's split or whether Headup were the only publisher or not but assuming they weren't and the low amount of sales the bundle pulled in, I can't see that bringing much cash in. I guess the BTA split would be even smaller still so...?

2: It's Greenlight. If it makes a noise, hit it with a stick and see if anyone notices.

I suspect that even giving it away for free won't tip them over the threshold but who knows? Given the Steam audience, I don't think they'd have a hope in hell of being passed over most of the time so it all helps.
    My actions are in no way born out of some sort of Darwinist offensive
    I just get a bit fidgety times
    Steam

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Saw it. I can't honestly say I understand all the details, but doesn't it look strange to you that it's only them and not the established gigs?
    It depends. Do EU customers pay VAT on IG bundles (according to the receipt)? This is the only bundle I can think of that is EU based.
    If they do, and it is included in the price, then you are right. If they don't, then I guess that it's easier to avoid taxes in Italy than it is in the UK.
    I do know that the US is kind of a VAT\sales tax shelter, but in recent years, legislaion has tried to fix it and it may change in the following years (but will only affect those in the US).

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    Two things I'd guess at.
    Agreed, and the Sim bundle came with a Desura key, so an added convenience at least in theory - but it's still a dick-ish move.

It depends. Do EU customers pay VAT on IG bundles (according to the receipt)? This is the only bundle I
    can think of that is EU based.
    If they do, and it is included in the price, then you are right. If they don't, then I guess that it's easier to avoid taxes in Italy than it is in the UK.
    I do know that the US is kind of a VAT\sales tax shelter, but in recent years, legislaion has tried to fix it and it may change in the following years (but will only affect those in the US).
    I checked a few receipts: IndieRoyale is the only one including an actual breakdown including VAT (and shipping!). All the others either don't send a receipt other than the paypal one, or include a subtotal/total and that's it. IndieGala is not different. The only other time I've seen a VAT added on top of the original price was when buying on BMT Micro, as I pointed out recently.

BTW is VAT for digital downloads in the US zero?

THQ Humble Bundle is live. Line-up is confirmed and BTA is Saints Row The Third.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Lesser Hivemind Node DevinSmoth's Avatar
    I screwed up... I forgot about the THQ bundle thing and I bought Saint's Row 3 over Fall Sale... but this way I suppose I ahve all the DLC now... darnit!

Oh well, I own every single one of those games and still may end up purchasing myself a copy of it anyway.

EDIT: I dropped a couple of dollars on it. I feel bad because I'm going to be lowering the average... but I'm super broke right now and have already purchased all of these games before... so this is just because I want THQ to survive so much right now!

This will be the third time that I've bought both Metro 2033 and Red Faction Armageddon.

Quote Originally Posted by DevinSmoth View Post
    I screwed up... I forgot about the THQ bundle thing and I bought Saint's Row 3 over Fall Sale... but this way I suppose I ahve all the DLC now... darnit!

Oh well, I own every single one of those games and still may end up purchasing myself a copy of it anyway.
    heh. I didn't have Darksiders or RF: Armageddon and I could live without them, but I had to buy it. Also gifted it to a friend and I'm not sure he's interested in any of the games.

But I hope it'll help THQ survive. The bundle is certainly selling fast.

It's a bit disappointing to see the base tier is again grouped in one single key. I already have a couple titles and I'd liked to be able to gift them, but value is through the roof so this is really a minor complaint.

heh. I didn't have Darksiders or RF: Armageddon and I could live without them, but I had to buy it. Also gifted it to a friend and I'm not sure he's interested in any of the games.

Darksiders is a good game, though I still have yet to beat it... it's on the top of a list for games next year to try again on. ;P

BTW there are reports of the SRTT key not activating in Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    It'll certainly do that. This launched, when, 6pm GMT? $160K in about an hour and the numbers are still spinning round like the electric meter at Black Mesa.

I notice that #3 contributor is 'Let Relic Finish DOW3'

It's a bit disappointing to see the base tier is again grouped in one single key. I already have a couple titles and I'd liked to be able to gift them, but value is through the roof so this is really a minor complaint.
    yeah, it is sort of part of the deal with Humble.

I would have liked to gift it to my nephew because I think he'd enjoy Company of Heroes and maybe Darksiders, but Metro would probably give him nightmares (he's ten. He plays COD so war is apparently okay), so it would have been nice to be able to leave that out.

Quote Originally Posted by DevinSmoth View Post
    Darksiders is a good game, though I still have yet to beat it... it's on the top of a list for games next year to try again on. ;P
    I just got the impression that a gamepad is practically required to play it and I don't have one. But now I can see for myself, at least.
    Last edited by Similar; 29-11-2012 at 07:31 PM.

Activated Node
    BTW is VAT for digital downloads in the US zero?
    VAT is imposed on consumers. So if I buy something from abroad, the seller is not supposed to add VAT (possibly the local customs office will).
    Sales tax is imposed on the sellers, and both seller and buyer need to reside in the same state. Some states do not have sales tax. The way the location of the seller is determined is the key in not paying sales tax.

About the adding of taxes: should a seller expect to get the same price from all buyers, or should they charge all customers equally?
    The actual price (with VAT) of Bundle Stars is 5 pounds, which seems to be more reasonable price to set than 4.17 that non EU people see. Do they charge less from outside the EU, or more in the EU? (logically the same, but a different statement)
    By using a proxy to pay, you do not change the amount the company gets, so they have no incentive to block you from using a proxy.

I'm not sure how I feel about what sellers should do, but smuggling should not be illegal (depending on local VAT/sales tax laws).

Most people I know, me included, are buying this bundle just to support THQ even though we have all the games we are interested already.
    Last edited by echoMateria; 02-12-2012 at 07:51 AM.
    Support Fruitbat Factory to play the best Japanese indie games in English. Our games 100% Orange Juice and War of Human Tanks are on Greenlight.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I just got the impression that a gamepad is practically required to play it and I don't have one. But now I can see for myself, at least.
    A third-person action game requiring a controller - who'da thunk it...

No - seriously - who DOESN'T own a 360 controller now!?!? We're games players - we own these things like footballers own beauty salons :)

IndieGala has unlocked their first bonus game, King's Bounty: The Legend. Top post fully updated now.

Nice... Now I can give my Legend key to my brother in law... since I already have it.

I tried playing Darksiders with a game pad and ended up hitting a skill ceiling since I suck with controllers... Going to give it a shot on keyboard

BeMine6 is live:

PWYW: Eschalon: Book1, Ceville, Paranormal
    5$+: Worms Reloaded, Dawn of Fantasy, Two Worlds Epic Edition, Gorky 17, Earth 2160

+OSTs, music.

http://groupees.com/bm6

Top post updated, also the second Countdown bundle has gone live today, and Waking Mars has been greenlit.

Space Suit Bundle:

(find the fully linked version in post #1 as usual)

BeMine6 is live:
    I'll have to get this for Eschalon, Paranormal, and Worms.

and Waking Mars has been greenlit.

So did Dragon's Lair...somehow. For all the disdain it gets, I guess nostalgia won. Darkfall also got Greenlit...meh. It's a very "meh" game.

Kind of excited that The Light got Greenlit. It's technically free, but I haven't been able to get a hold of it since it's on a Russian file server that doesn't let non-Russians download it. Also - experimental game got Greenlit. Awesome!
    Last edited by johnki; 30-11-2012 at 04:51 PM.

new Get Loaded bundle featuring Sega games loaded up today for the next three days.

I still want Jet Set Radio... but too expensive and nothing else there that I want.