Page 55 of 278 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 5554
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Alms thanks again for keeping track of all this, I'd have missed out on some real cut price treasures if I wasn't for your compilation and various others input.
    yes, very much seconded.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TomxJ View Post
    I'll hold you to that recommendation :p
    Don't, I hate it, its all the worst habits of platformers made cognitively painful to play.

Quote Originally Posted by TomxJ View Post
    Only one that tickles my fancy is leave home. But thats $3 on the dev site - Anyone sway me with glowing revies of hamlet or they breath?
    Conquest of Elysium 3, is the star here if you can handle the lofi.
    http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/201...ancers-a-hand/
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Since you're around, I have a question: if I buy the game directly through your store (I'm feeling kinda like throwing extra money your way because what the hell), do I get/can I get a Desura code? (Mostly for the convenience of being able to install/uninstall/update within the Desura client).
    Buying the game from our shop doesn't normally grant a person a Desura key, but since you asked this in good will to support us, I can give you one of our personal promo keys. Drop me a PM or mail when you do to point out your purchase. And thanks for supporting us.

On another topic, on my previous post about the BiaB I mentioned voting for Indie Dev Grant and I got some people asking me about where they can vote, that they can't find it anywhere. You can find the candidates like ours for Indie Dev Grant at the bottom of the page that you get your keys after purchasing the bundle.

Amongst the contenders our next release 99 Spirits can do with all your voting help.
    Support Fruitbat Factory to play the best Japanese indie games in English. Our games 100% Orange Juice and War of Human Tanks are on Greenlight.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Most of eclectic looks rather "meh", but I plopped down 3 bucks for Fibrillation and Stay Alive (or whatever the fighting game is).

Eversion is worth 5-10 bucks alone though. So if you don't have that, get the bundle.
    It's a great game, and everyone should try it, but I don't know why it's in a paid bundle, since it's also available for free from the developer (who'd probably appreciate direct donations more than the pennies-a-copy they'll get from the bundle).
    Sometimes I write things

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Alms thanks again for keeping track of all this, I'd have missed out on some real cut price treasures if I wasn't for your compilation and various others input.
    Yesterday's been hectic, I guess everybody went into "oh crap" mode, realized the next steam xmas sale is impending, and threw everything out at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnerMcCaffrey View Post
    It's a great game, and everyone should try it, but I don't know why it's in a paid bundle, since it's also available for free from the developer (who'd probably appreciate direct donations more than the pennies-a-copy they'll get from the bundle).
    The paid for version has better graphics and some other changes I think, sells for about as much as the whole bundle anyway.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Groupees should be unlocking their next bonus in a few hours:

Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Last day for Gamersgate's Space Suit Bundle. Next up is the Oxygen Bundle:

Humble added Titan Quest and the Red Faction: Armageddon DLC to the THQ bundle
    (ETA: for those who paid above the average).

The DLC surprises me a bit. I thought they were hoping people would buy it after getting the main game from the bundle.
    Last edited by Similar; 06-12-2012 at 07:24 PM.

Thanks, updated. I guess with the metric tonne of DLCs SRTT has, they're counting on that to drive sales mainly?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Humble added Titan Quest and the Red Faction: Armageddon DLC to the THQ bundle
    (ETA: for those who paid above the average).

The DLC surprises me a bit. I thought they were hoping people would buy it after getting the main game from the bundle.
    I think they assume RF:A is such a flop that it isn't worth it? I know that I enjoyed RF:A but felt no motivation to try the DLC (and when I did, I realized it wasn't worth it). And I consider myself pretty average in terms of my tastes in video games.

Also, note how it is Titan Quest without the expansion. And I think Titan Quest is probably one of their bestselling games in terms of the lifetime of it (everyone and their mother has at least one copy. I have 3 :p).
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

And hey! Gamersgate has the TQ expansion for sale today.
    And hey! It isn't the Steam version.

Well played, THQ .....

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    I think they assume RF:A is such a flop that it isn't worth it? I know that I enjoyed RF:A but felt no motivation to try the DLC (and when I did, I realized it wasn't worth it). And I consider myself pretty average in terms of my tastes in video games.
    yes, could be. I enjoyed RF:A too, but it seems a lot of people didn't. Or maybe they expected an open world thing like in Gorilla and were diappointed. Taken on its own, I think it's a quite decent game.
    I was actually going to see what the DLC would cost in the Christmas sale, but I guess I won't have to now.

Also, note how it is Titan Quest without the expansion. And I think Titan Quest is probably one of their bestselling games in terms of the lifetime of it (everyone and their mother has at least one copy. I have 3 :p).
    hehe. I have it too, and the expansion, but only one of each, at least.

yeah, maybe they're hoping for TQ expansion sales, Saints Row 3 DLC sales like alms said, and perhaps a few Darksiders II sales too by those who enjoyed the first game.

Hooray for paying $1 early and getting free stuff that was supposed to be BTA!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I was hoping for Space Marine, but that would have been over the top. In other news, Steam has started downloading christmas achievements I believe. Dwarfs, which frequently adds achievements for sales, just got an update with a new one which nobody has.
    Last edited by Internet; 06-12-2012 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    I was hoping for Space Marine, but that would have been over the top. In other news, Steam has started downloading christmas achievements I believe. Dwarfs, which frequently adds achievements for sales, just got an update with a new one which nobody has.
    It's actually a bit weird that Space Marine wasn't included. It's not new and I believe it has a lot of DLC too. What gives? It did get a somewhat lukewarm reception, but I don't see that as a reason to exclude it. What harm could it do?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Actually, there's no Warhammer 40k content at all in the bundle, maybe for this kind of sale they need Games Workshop's permission to put those products?

Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    It's actually a bit weird that Space Marine wasn't included. It's not new and I believe it has a lot of DLC too. What gives? It did get a somewhat lukewarm reception, but I don't see that as a reason to exclude it. What harm could it do?
    What's gonna follow just flew out of my backend so don't laugh if it sounds ludicrously stupid...

...THQ Bundle 2 ?

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    What's gonna follow just flew out of my backend so don't laugh if it sounds ludicrously stupid...

...THQ Bundle 2 ?
    heh. I had that thought too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    They have to save something for the Christmas sale, haven't they?

I'll be honest, I was of the opinion that the Humble Bundle was 'selling out', so to say, but if THQ actually took up PWYW bundles as a regular part of their business model, all of my objections go out the window. The Humble Bundle's indie cred is totally worth sacrificing if it means convincing the 'big boys' that there's money to be made and customers to be reached with the bundle model.

I mean, look at Amazon. They're basically selling a variety of Paradox game bundles already. I think they might have a significant amount to gain by switching it over to a multi-tiered PWYW model a la IndieGameStand.