Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 5553
    Indie Royale launched their Snow Storm Bundle with:

- Resonance
    - Hinterland
    - RoboBlitz
    - Stardrome
    - Project Aftermath
    - RobotRiot

And IndieGameStand is running a bundle with Alien Hallway, Alien Shooter, Zombie Shooter, and Theseus.

Lesser Hivemind Node DevinSmoth's Avatar
    Yay... another Indie Royale... and as the first that has launched since its purchase, it seems pretty solid. At least, that's my impression... maybe I'm far far off? People seem excited about Resonance at the least.

Leisure Suit Larry is available for Groupees buyers. :D

Network Hub
    I really, really enjoyed Hinterland (until it got old). It seems perfect for a bundle.

Roboblitz is pretty entertaining, too. The video doesn't really do it justice.

Project: Aftermath looked good (I really like Dawn of War 2), but Kieron reviewed it as terrible here: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/pr...termath-review.
    Last edited by arccos; 16-01-2013 at 07:32 PM.

I got the Indie Royale just for Hinterland, having bought Resonance at Christmas (ah well, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it).
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Hinterland is indeed a great game. The replay value is kind of crap (after a few dozen short games, you have seen everything), but I still play the occasional round every few months
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Top post is now up to date!

Save for Resonance, this line-up doesn't look exactly exciting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by mzlapq View Post
    Regarding Akaneiro, I got an email from Spicy Horse with a username and password for the the forums which also gives access to the beta. I am quite sure that I did not ask to join the beta through other means, so it seems to come from the BaGB. In any case, it seems very grindy.
    I got absolutely nothing... but I'm not exactly sure Groupees has my email address, my purchases are associated to my Twitter account.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I've owned StarDrone since the developers did a super-cheap deal on it and I love it - but I'm a sucker for games which use pinball concepts in a new way :)

Hinterland looks interesting to me - never played a Tilted Mill game either

Project Aftermath is a fucking stupid name for a game - I'm almost deterred by that alone!

I got Planeteri from the Pixeljam Bundle thing and I like it :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    This is the same Pixeljam that did Dinorun, right? I've yet to even play that game but it has a great soundtrack.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    This is the same Pixeljam that did Dinorun, right? I've yet to even play that game but it has a great soundtrack.
    It's the same group but they're a collective and so their output varies quite a bit.

What's on offer here is an ambient album with an 8-bit-style visualizer (which also works with any other music)

It's on Bandcamp if you want to hear what you're getting into

http://pixeljam.bandcamp.com/album/planeteri

I also recommend their 'Vol 1' album - varied and good :)

http://pixeljam.bandcamp.com/album/pixeljams-volume-1

IndieGala has unveiled one of the secret bonuses. It's Home, a repeat from IndieRoyale Halloween Bundle.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

New bundle, 5$ for:

"Mothership": Mayhem Intergalactic (Steam, Win), Beware Planet Earth (Greenlight, Desura, Win/Mac/Linux - BaGB repeat), 8 Days in Convoke (Desura, Win); Bonus: Fulmination (Desura, Win)

http://www.indiebundle.org

Hmm...I think I'm going to pass on that. I got BPE from BaGB and 8DIC was free for a while. Fulmination I tried the demo of a while back and it's really cool.

Resonance OST has been added to the Snow Storm bundle.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So, Hinterland then - it's a lovely idea but the implementation is bordering on a bit shit really isn't it?

I was surprised to see it was released as recently as 2008 - the lack of ability to zoom your view makes the whole game VERY claustrophobic, you end up navigating using a sketchy minimap and a silly legended BIG map and not feeling like you're part of a world at all...

It's the way resources are restricted which spoils the game mostly tho - that and the randomness which almost seems sadistic!

I've twice played a 'small' game and ended-up having defeated all but 2 enemy bases which are MUCH MUCH higher level than everything else - so there's no way to earn money (nothing to kill and only limited resources upto that point to build anything) and so no way to progress. No chance I could defeat even 1 of the remaining enemies (which the game seems to realise because they even stop attacking the town!!) and no way to improve and so I'm stuck.

The 'Kings demands' also seem to be crazy at times - I've twice quit a game early-on because I received a demand which would have been impossible (a vast amount of resources or claiming an area of the map WAY above my level). I guess the ability to disable those is there for a reason ;)

Shame - lovely idea but needs a tonne of work and polish - not the least of which is to stop it feeling like it was written in the 90s - I mean, seriously...

p.s. I read that they are/were a decent-sized studio - compare and contrast to Soldak (Depths of Peril/Drox Operative) which is a one/two man band and compare the games and... erm... - more is not necessarily better then :)
    Last edited by trjp; 19-01-2013 at 10:01 PM.

IndieRoyale has apparently added some sort of exclusive update to RobotRiot, called Hyper Edition. From their page:

this enhanced version of RobotRiot includes an optional mode of the game that increases gameplay speed along with a few other upgrades too! To get access to this upgraded version, visit your key page.

Activated Node
    Grotesque Tactics 2 was added to BundleStars.

http://store.indiegala.com/index.php...er-bundle.html

In case anyone didn't get in on the IndieGameStand deal or wants I Am Weapon for pennies.

Pacific Storm Bundle: 0.99+$ Tank Universal 4.99+$ Pacific Storm, Pacific Storm: Allies
    Alien Shooter Bundle: 0.99+$ I Am Weapon 4.99+$ Alien Shooter [IG IV], Alien Shooter 2: Conscription [IFK BitG/IF Ignition], Alien Shooter 2: Reloaded [IG IV]

All are Steam keys except I Am Weapon (Desura).

And there's another one, running on the same timer as the two I already posted about:

Star Wolves Bundle: 0.99+$ Star Wolves [IG VII] 4.99+$ Star Wolves 2, Star Wolves 3 [IG IX]

again, Steam keys.

edit: FTR there was some blunder with the last bonus in the Gala Magicka Bundle, keys have been given away for Victoria II, but they were for its DLC A House Divided instead.
    Last edited by alms; 23-01-2013 at 04:22 PM.