Page 93 of 291 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 5814
    Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    Beast Boxing Turbo is that game every Ouya ad has, which is 2013's Punchout.

Diehard Dungeon looks decent in the trailer, but not enough to pay for it.
    Yeah, that boxing game looks like it could be fun and Dawnstar doesn't look too bad either although the few reviews I read don't seem too positive. Then again, those reviews were horrible to read. Who unironically gives out a score like 4.375/6?
    The other games seem more like indie shovelware from the trailer.
    I think I'll still bite.
    New! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Not so new anymore! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

I bought this Indie Royale bundle, but I only had about 5 minutes to test it before lunch break was over. Out There Somewhere managed to cause me a pretty good impression in that time, but I'll have to see if it lasts.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I bought Dawnstar as I'm a sucker for spaceship flying ARPGs and whilst it's not actually bad, it's a LONG way from a polished and complete product.

The developer was knocking out updates pretty sharpish but they were for game-breaking bugs any amount of QA would have spotted - one update made the game bluescreen my PC and I sort-of lost interest at that point.

I've since gotten Zigfrak (in the IndieFort atm) and that's a MUCH MUCH better game IMO - same level of ambition but developed with a little more care and more polished and satisfying

That said, I'll boot-up Dawnstar now and tell you if it still bluescreens eh? :)

Update: No bluescreens which is nice but the core problems are still very much there

The comic story sections were written by someone with massive verbal diarrhea, we're talking 50-60 clicks to get through some cheesy dialogue and most what's said is sub-fanfic and pointless.

When you dock or use a jumpgate the game just freezes solid for a while - then might show a loading screen for a second - then freezes again for a while - then you're being shot-at! It's not "smooth" or polished in that respect :)

The UI is ugly-as-fuck, text doesn't line-up with things and NOTHING is really explained (which is ironic given the amount of time the game spends talking at you for no real purpose!)

It's less buggy than it was for sure - but it desperately needed someone to look at it and say "you have all the ingredients but your mixture is a mess" - all the bits are there but they're not really connected.

I'm off back to Zigfrak which is a similar game - also written in Unity - but it just gels much much better.

Dawnstar has cool music mind!
    Last edited by trjp; 19-04-2013 at 07:48 PM.

Dawnstar have a great artstyle but gameplay wise its still rough around the edges. I still prefer Zigfrak or Drox Operative for my space ARPG fix.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Posts updated. Got the Royale because of BBT.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Activated Node
    Groupees Build a Greenlight Bundle 2
    http://groupees.com/bagb2

On Desura: Darkout, Grimind, Ichi (repeat), Gravi, Little Racers STREET, Draconian Wars
    Also: Death Ray Manta (repeat), Crow, Enamel

Activated Node
    It's worth noting that Indie Game Stand are not exactly indie right now (unless it refers to the site itself).

Posts updated. So which games are worth getting from this one?

Quote Originally Posted by mzlapq View Post
    It's worth noting that Indie Game Stand are not exactly indie right now (unless it refers to the site itself).
    Looks like it was entered by the publisher (nothing new here, Groupees and IndieGala have been doing it for a long time now), but I believe the game itself is still an indie.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Quote Originally Posted by mzlapq View Post
    That's always going to be the problem with having such regular sales. They've done fairly well to go as long as they have on the 4 day cycle without having to go to a publisher for content but eventually, it's either that or new games to be discounted become thinner on the ground and you end up with repeat deals all the time.

Anyway, the version of DRM in the Groupees is a slightly updated one from the one everyone will already have but that's only because finding the time to roll it out everywhere right now is against me. It'll be up the BIAB pipe and my own in the next day or so but y'know, feel free to buy it again anyway! I won't stop anyone! ;)
    My actions are in no way born out of some sort of Darwinist offensive
    I just get a bit fidgety times

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Posts updated.
    You're so on top of the latest developments that I never have occasion to post in this thread, but I figured that shouldn't stop me from finally thanking you for updating this overview throughout March and the other months of the year! It's much appreciated!
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

I've dedicated more time to trying Out There Somewhere... but it only ended in frustration. I don't know the cause yet, but regardless of playing windowed or fullscreen, after a few minutes my monitor turns off and the game freezes (before that it would be the screensaver, but both options are turned off in Windows 8's energy management).

I can't put the blame on the game, since it happened with Croixleur as well. But it's a bummer, since the few minutes I could play at a time were fun and challenging.
    Last edited by Maknol; 23-04-2013 at 02:05 AM.

BaGB2 has unlocked Reversion Chapter 2 as the first bonus game.

IndieGala has revealed the two secrets: Shadowgrounds Survivor and Adventure Apes.

http://www.indiegala.com

And, a new Weekly: Nuclear Dawn, Cognition Ep 1 & 2, EvilQuest.

http://www.indiegala.com/weekly

All are repeats, posts will be updated soon.

@Rob, thanks for the update!
    @Tritagonist thanks for the nice words, those are appreciated too.

Well... pretty disappointed in Darkout, from the BaGB2. There's lots of potential there, but I wouldn't recommend it for now. This review kinda sums it up:

http://www.adversitysg.org/node/678

Today in Bundleland:

IndieRoyale unlocked their secret game: Spin Wars, also the deadline was pushed a full day forward.

http://www.indieroyale.com

Groupees has temporarily lowered the minimum purchase on BaGB2 to 1 game/$0.75, and the next bonus game is ENSIGN-1 (almost there)

Obscure Node
    It's such an horrible choice of music that sometime it cause severe headache to me.

New IndieRoyale Lunar Bundle:

Pid, Cargo Commander, Back to the Future: The Game, Dungeon Hearts + 3 secrets

http://www.indieroyale.com

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    I bought CC and DH last months, a pity.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I'm glad more people will get to try cargo commander as it desperately lacked having a demo.

It's essentially a short form survival/roguelike/2D Deadspace/high score chasing game.

Yeah, you live in a box in space, you summon randomised but preset sequences of boxes and loot them, kill things and avoid suffocation. Gravity is relative, time is limited and your kids are going hungry, oh didn't I mention? You took this job to afford to look after your family, they have no idea you are in danger and going home is a distant dream.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Cargo Commander is very nice, it's a pity its MC score is so low and that surely scares away some people.

Truth to be said, the whole bundle is pretty; sort of eager to see what other titles will be brought to the table, this time there are 3 secrets. Can't say I have great expectations, but maybe a nice surprise?

Posts are now up-to-date again, including the current IndieGameStand deal which is basically the Digital Eel bundle, including Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space.

http://www.indiegamestand.com

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    BTTF - I've never gotten the films, will i get the game?