Page 128 of 270 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178228 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,560 of 5396
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    I've wanted to get CK2 for a while but I dunno if I will end up playing it long enough to exhaust its possibilities, let alone start hankering for DLC -- therefore, to me this bundle is interesting despite the repeats and unknowns. Hmm.
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    $1 for Leviathan Warships isn't a bad deal I suppose but that's about it

With luck it might throw some meat into the Dungeonland market :)

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    So it's mostly repeats, haven't got time right now to check em all (still got dishes to do).
    On second thought, the PWYW tier isn't half bad... anybody's got an idea of what's the deal with Trascripted? Groupees lists it as a Steam key, and it's got its own RPS WIT with links to the storefront which don't work, Steam's own search engine only pulls up an entry for a demo that doesn't work ...got pulled?
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    On second thought, the PWYW tier isn't half bad... anybody's got an idea of what's the deal with Trascripted? Groupees lists it as a Steam key, and it's got its own RPS WIT with links to the storefront which don't work, Steam's own search engine only pulls up an entry for a demo that doesn't work ...got pulled?
    Yeah it was pulled - http://www.alkemi-games.com/transcri...tatus-on-hold/

But topware haven't noticed it seems, and so still sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    But topware haven't noticed it seems, and so still sell it.
    So they're getting the cash from the bundle, instead of the devs, and that sucks.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Transcripted is a nice idea but I can see why people wouldn't want to support a publisher who's clearly happy to fuck a developer.

Someone should ask Groupees for their take on things

Also, I notice that bundle is being backed by Roccat. Roccat have a bit of a dodgy reputation when it comes to their customers too - they've been outed on the Web a few times trying to get out of even a basic 1 year warranty on their (premium priced) mice etc. It's notable that as they're based in the EU (they're German I believe?) they are required to provide TWO YEARS warranty as an absolute minimum.

Hmmm

Lesser Hivemind Node DevinSmoth's Avatar
    I was hoping that Teleglitch would be in there... oh well... this will be a pass from me, since I think the only thing that I'm missing is Leviathan Warships.

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Someone should ask Groupees for their take on things
    Yeah, that would be definitely a good idea. Groupees has a history of dealing with publishers instead of devs, before the site overhaul their purchases page used to list each game with the publisher's name right before the title - and they ran a Topware bundle.

But even if my assumptions are correct, there's still a chance Groupees might do something when the issue is brought to their attention.

Do they ever add more games to humble weekly sales?
    Steam ID ; GFWL: alset85

Lesser Hivemind Node frightlever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    That is probably the worst HB yet - not only is almost everything outside of the 'silly tier' a repeat from other cheap offerings but there's little or no DLC included!?
    You sound very angry for a man who has probably never had it so good as far as cheap games go. You realise that not everyone is obsessively following every bundle that's released, right? Come on, buddy, let's try to call the glass half full.

The worst part about it is that it contains EU3 "Complete" when it's not even that. Chronicles is the one with all the content.
    Steam ID ; GFWL: alset85

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    This is the "CK2 and a bunch of fluff" pack. Don't kid yourself about those other games.
    Warlock is an excellent game. I will fight you.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by frightlever View Post
    You sound very angry for a man who has probably never had it so good as far as cheap games go. You realise that not everyone is obsessively following every bundle that's released, right? Come on, buddy, let's try to call the glass half full.
    Problem here is that Paradox are in EVERY sale that comes along - it's not like I'm saying "there was one bundle before", Paradox are the DFS of gaming companies - every sale must end tomorrow and then start again the day after - and yet here we are with a big Paradox blowout and it's - well - it's a bit limp I think.

You're right that bundles are everywhere and games are cheap but that's MORE reason to put a hook into your bundle, something to get people to leap-in - something which pushes it into 'good deal' territory and not 'suspicious DLC upselling' territory...

The "$125 for everything" bit is particularly cynical because there's no way on earth those games are worth that much money.

Add that to the lack of DLC and I see this as a phishing contest to get people in and buying DLC and nothing more.

They should have put Teleglitch into the BTA :)

Compare this to the EA bundle and - erm - well - yes.

Obscure Node
    i recently joined the onward march of bundles ,the music in the traior is horrible.it violated my ears and shook my mind i wanted to kick that trailor on the face but stop

Next unlock for the BeMine #9 bunle is Chompy Chomp Chomp. After that, what's supposedly the final bonus, although with 4 days to go, I wonder if that's the case.

http://groupees.com/bm9

Turba has unlocked, the next bonus for the Capsule Computers Groupee is Cognition Episode 2.

http://groupees.com/ccg

IndieGala Theatre of War has unlocked Men of War: Assault Squad GOTY.

http://www.indiegala.com

The final(?) bonus for BeMine #9 is a $10 in-game coupon for March of War.

http://groupees.com/bm9

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm glad to announce that, after countless hours of indefatigable work, I am done putting together the first version of the RepeatDB, which means it's chock full of <cough>inaccuracies or, for the optimists among you, that it will get better on a daily basis. Hopefully this will help cut down on my post assembly time and make repeat tracking more accurate instead of relying mostly on the blob of fat I keep inside my bandana carrier. It should also be useful for those days when the Steam guys are dead sick of Greenlight and just flush them out of sight.

The RepeatDB contains data about all Humbles, Royales, Galas, Groupees and BundleStars, plus Greenlight bundles, IGS deals and some other minor bundles. So, let's celebrate with a quiz: can you guess... which one is the most repeated game in the history of bundles?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Introversion seems to pop up surprisingly frequently. Grotesque Tactics is constantly in one too. Spiderweb games have also cropped up surprisingly frequently.

Runespell Overture (or is it Avencast, I get the two confused) is going to be my guess though. That's seems like it's always there.
    Last edited by Internet; 01-09-2013 at 04:21 AM.