Page 148 of 270 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,960 of 5400
    Bear in mind that Guerrilla uses GFWL (you can use XLiveless, but it has problems saving certain settings. Game saves work perfectly, though).
    Bit iffy to put it in a bundle unless they're planning to patch GFWL out.

Quote Originally Posted by DevinSmoth View Post
    Gfwl is going away so yeah it will be patched out at some point.
    hmm. That's a tad more optimistic than I dare to be.

I think Similar's warning is a fair one, even though plenty of games have had GfWL patched out, that seems to be more a function of how active/interested the publisher/developer are - better getting it out there anyway.

After THQ's demise, the various buyers have been squeezing the last penny out of those games...
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    I think Similar's warning is a fair one, even though plenty of games have had GfWL patched out, that seems to be more a function of how active/interested the publisher/developer are - better getting it out there anyway.

After THQ's demise, the various buyers have been squeezing the last penny out of those games...
    Nordic did acquire "MV VS ATX" or something like that, from THQ at the same time as Red Faction, a quad bike game and moved the servers over to steam and restarted the multiplayer but it wasn't GFWL.

So they are more than likely looking at moving it, whether they do it is another thing, maybe this bundle is a way to raise interest/cash to hire a couple of guys to strip out GWFL.

I hope that didn't sound too negative, it was simply a thought caused by Similar calling it iffy.

It's good there's interest in keeping those games viable for the market (and I suppose if they want them to stay on Steam after GfWL gets its plug pulled, they have no other chance) - however, unless Nordic has publicly committed to doing it, it's probably better to avoid jumping to conclusions.
    Last edited by alms; 21-10-2013 at 08:12 PM.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I hoped that didn't sound too negative, it was simply a thought caused by Similar calling it iffy.

It's good there's interest in keeping those games viable for the market (and I suppose if they want them to stay on Steam after GfWL gets its plug pulled, they have no other chance) - however, unless Nordic has publicly committed to doing it, it's probably better to avoid jumping to conclusions.
    Oh yeah, I think this is the perfect place to put the reminder - ONLY BUY GAMES FOR WHAT THEY ARE NOW!

Red Faction - Gorilla is a fun game with bugs and GWFL, be carefull

IndieRoyale has unlocked the Birthday Bundle's bonus game, it's Zombusters [Groupees Undead]. The next on the list for the 1C Megabundle is Men of War: Condemned Heroes [BM6, BS11, BS MoW].

I think that Daedalic link refers to this:
    http://store.steampowered.com/sub/19219/

Apparently it's a bundle in name only, no relation to the Humble variety.

Has anyone tried Xenominer from the Indie Royale bunde? Looks sort of interesting, but it's difficult to figure out what is in the PC version and what is only in the XBLA version.

Also, did anyone else's Groupees bundles just disappear? My 'purchased bundles' page only shows the last two bundles I bought.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Maknol View Post
    I think that Daedalic link refers to this:
    http://store.steampowered.com/sub/19219/

Apparently it's a bundle in name only, no relation to the Humble variety.
    Yeah, I say they are just getting the bundles ready for the next sale

Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Also, did anyone else's Groupees bundles just disappear? My 'purchased bundles' page only shows the last two bundles I bought.
    They're sorting out some problems with their server where some stuff went wrong/got lost I believe. I was asked to reupload my stuff last week so they could get everything back in the right place. It's probably just that.
    My actions are in no way born out of some sort of Darwinist offensive
    I just get a bit fidgety times
    Steam

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    They're sorting out some problems with their server where some stuff went wrong/got lost I believe. I was asked to reupload my stuff last week so they could get everything back in the right place. It's probably just that.
    ah. Thanks.

Humble with Android 7 has unlocked the second week bonuses: Broken Sword Director's Cut [Groupees DGF], Organ Trail Director's Cut [Humble with Android 6], Anomaly Korea [Humble 11bit Weekly], Ticket to Ride Europe DLC.

http://www.humblebundle.com

And there's a new Game Music Bundle (of the Damned):

Tier 1 ($1): Amnesia The Dark Descent + A Machine for Pigs, Bloodrayne: Betrayal, Dead Space
    Tier 2 ($10): Home, Yeark Walk, Penumbra, The Horror at Ms Aurora, Organ Trail, Alice: Madness Returns, Plants VS Zombies, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, [survaillant]

http://www.loudr.fm/gamemusicbundle#

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by DevinSmoth View Post
    Gfwl is going away so yeah it will be patched out at some point.
    Just to analyze that one

1 - Microsoft have made NO annoucement about GFWL closing - it seems likely, as they're winding down the store, but they're NOT said they're closing GFWL
    2 - even if they did, there's NO GUARANTEE developers will patch-it-out - esp for games they got in a fire-sale :)

The games we've seen move from GFW (note - no L) are those which had exclusive GFW Store content (and that store is closing) - everything else is up-in-the-air and, indeed, some games with GFW Store exclusive content have NOT yet been patched (Dirt 3 is the outstanding example of that)

Humble with Android 7 has unlocked the second week bonuses: Broken Sword Director's Cut [Groupees DGF], Organ Trail Director's Cut [Humble with Android 6], Anomaly Korea [Humble 11bit Weekly], Ticket to Ride Europe DLC.

http://www.humblebundle.com

And there's a new Game Music Bundle (of the Damned):

Tier 1 ($1): Amnesia The Dark Descent + A Machine for Pigs, Bloodrayne: Betrayal, Dead Space
    Tier 2 ($10): Home, Yeark Walk, Penumbra, The Horror at Ms Aurora, Organ Trail, Alice: Madness Returns, Plants VS Zombies, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, [survaillant]

http://www.loudr.fm/gamemusicbundle#
    Did they changed how Humble works? I bought the $1 tier the day it came out but apparently the new games are available only to those who BTA regardless of date.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

That was stated on this bundle's page since the first week... The added games would be received for BTA purchases only.
    Last edited by Maknol; 22-10-2013 at 09:49 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    Did they changed how Humble works? I bought the $1 tier the day it came out but apparently the new games are available only to those who BTA regardless of date.
    Was that $1 above the average? They also might have a set-point to start with. It should say on the page "Pay this much to unlock the secrety games we haven't revealed yet!" or something to that effect. They always advertise when games require you to beat the average.
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0