Page 149 of 321 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,980 of 6410
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gwathdring View Post
    Was that $1 above the average? They also might have a set-point to start with. It should say on the page "Pay this much to unlock the secrety games we haven't revealed yet!" or something to that effect. They always advertise when games require you to beat the average.
    Historically early $1 buyers (and $.01 before that) have been given the week two bonus games. I can't think of any other time it's been like this, anyway (although there are weeks without bonus games)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Historically early $1 buyers (and $.01 before that) have been given the week two bonus games. I can't think of any other time it's been like this, anyway (although there are weeks without bonus games)
    I got the BTA on the previous humble bundle, the Mobile only one, without BTA. It must be new this one

Off the top of my mind, I think it was introduced in HIB 9.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

So this is the new trend then? All the next Humble bundle will be like this?
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Network Hub
    Indeed, that policy started with Humble Bundle 9 last month. Beating the average from week 1 was a no-brainer on that one, as it got you Fez and FTL.

Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    So this is the new trend then? All the next Humble bundle will be like this?
    Seems like it. Well, till the next policy change, I suppose.

I could argue this is an improvement - it stops me from going 'Nothing in this bundle that tempts me - I'll just offer the minimum, and gamble on the 2nd week BTA games'.

In other news, IGS' latest is Great Permutator

Mnemnoch, guess they could change their mind but, in my view, this fits in the greater shift of paradigm Humble is going through: every step is making it less generous, less open, more business-like and profit oriented.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurple View Post
    In other news, IGS' latest is Great Permutator
    [IR Arclight]

Jurple, did you get my PM?
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Well, it probably didn't help that the week 2 games were consistently leaking a week early.

For those who purchase Eluisis in Groupees (Be Mine 8) steam key is available now in your profile page. And as for Salvation Propechy (Build a Greenlight Bundle) you can get your steam key in Desura.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Well, it probably didn't help that the week 2 games were consistently leaking a week early.
    I must be really out of touch then, can't remember when was the last time that happened. The last one I do remember was for the Origin bundle that turned out to be completely wrong and the reason why I stopped mentioning them for a while.

Most Humble leaks rely on Steam registry entries, a method which will only work when several games are grouped in a single key; that's also why you see even less leaks for most other bundles that have always given out individual keys: there's been some instance of the page going live before launch but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    For those who purchase Eluisis in Groupees (Be Mine 8) steam key is available now in your profile page. And as for Salvation Propechy (Build a Greenlight Bundle) you can get your steam key in Desura.
    Very nice, thanks for the heads up.

Bridge Constructor keys should also be available from Groupees BAMM.

There's not just one but TWO new Groupees!

Bundle of the Damned 2: Survivor Squad [IG June, IGS], Lucius [Groupees KISS, IR Mayhem], Undead Legions [IR Debut4], Postmortem: One Must Die, Burn Zombie Burn [IR Mayhem]. $1 minimum.
    Build a Greenlight Bundle 4: Deo, Angvik [IGS], Inverto [IGS], Man in a Maze, Mr Bree+, Frozen Hearth, Zigfrak [IF Spring, IGS]

Bundle in a Box has a new Indie Strategy Bundle in the pipeline. Today Humble's launching a new weekly.

New Humble Weekly:

That BAGB4 shows how much I love the "Build a bundle" format - some real gems (Mr. Bree+, Zigfrak), some "never heard about but look interesting" options (Man in a Maze, Inverto) among some stinkers (Deo, Angvik, Frozen Hearth). Picking and choosing among them is one of my favorite parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Maknol View Post
    New Humble Weekly:
    Copy pasted with repeats from Post #2:

Humble Weekly - a new deal every thursday
    Now featuring Cypher Prime

• PWYW: Splice [HIBfA4, HIBwA5 BTA], Fractal [HBwA6, IR NewYear], Pulse [HBwA6]
    • $6+: Intake (Debut), Auditorium [IR Junebug]

Quote Originally Posted by Maknol View Post
    New Humble Weekly:
    That BAGB4 shows how much I love the "Build a bundle" format - some real gems (Mr. Bree+, Zigfrak), some "never heard about but look interesting" options (Man in a Maze, Inverto) among some stinkers (Deo, Angvik, Frozen Hearth). Picking and choosing among them is one of my favorite parts.
    Is Frozen Hearth that bad? It seems interesting from the greenlight promotion material

This might not be a fair assessment, but man, the reviews are disheartening...
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/frozen-hearth

To tell you the truth the only one who caught my eye was Inverto. Mr Walker had some nice words for it:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...ds-on-inverto/

BTW I might pull the trigger on the Damned Bundle 2 because of Lucius. Jim thought it didn't really reach the heights it could have aspired to, but that does not stop us, right?

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...-think-lucius/

Next on the menu, BaGB4: Diehard Dungeon [IR Debut2] and Damned2: BlackSoul.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Zigfrak (BaB) is bloody excellent - if you've the remotest interest in "Starlancer meets Diablo" you should take a peek

It has a LOT of loot

I also like the pitch of "Man in a Maze" - it's probably the best game description I've read in years...

"Man in a Maze asks a simple question - would you risk your life for a set of steak knives? "

That will take some topping...

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Zigfrak (BaB) is bloody excellent
    Didn't you say it also happens to be terribly frustrating or is my memory failing me?

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    I also like the pitch of "Man in a Maze" - it's probably the best game description I've read in years...
    The mobile version has a pretty Metacritic score, then again, so does Mini Motor Racing...

Mr Bree+ is awesome.

Imagine Super Meat Boy but with less frustration (shorter levels and copious checkpoints), a cool, eerie soundtrack and (so far) an intriguing premise/storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    To tell you the truth the only one who caught my eye was Inverto. Mr Walker had some nice words for it:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...ds-on-inverto/

BTW I might pull the trigger on the Damned Bundle 2 because of Lucius. Jim thought it didn't really reach the heights it could have aspired to, but that does not stop us, right?

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...-think-lucius/
    Inverto looks good. I've been keeping my eye on Post Mortem as its by a regualr RPSer. So will Have to pick that up too.