Page 267 of 321 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269277317 ... LastLast
Results 5,321 to 5,340 of 6409
    Like Every Monday, IndieGala Every Monday:

The Tower, Block Story, Dark Scavenger, Paradigm Shift, Sequence, Instant Dungeon!

http://www.indiegala.com/monday

Humble is flash re-bundling their Simulator Weekly:

PWYW: Bridge Project, Trainz Simulator 12, Euro Truck Simulator, Wildlife Park 3
    BT6: Agricultural Simulator 2013 Gold, Agricultural Simulator: Historical Farming, Pool Nation, Professional Farmer 2014

http://www.humblebundle.com/flash
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post

The Tower, Block Story, Dark Scavenger, Paradigm Shift, Sequence, Instant Dungeon!

You're Dark Scavenger's number one fan, right? Care to talk it up a little?

New on Steam: Data Hacker: Initiation (IGS, G Ajay T2, IR Debut13, IG Greenlight3).
    New keys: Obludia (Groupees through Desura), Pressured (IG keys finally available)

Quote Originally Posted by Jurple View Post
    You're Dark Scavenger's number one fan, right? Care to talk it up a little?
    Doh! :o I'd rather leave that honor to someone else
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar

I have no clue about any of the other games, but this bundle is worth it for Sequence alone.

Drive to Hell is today's deal on IndieGameStand:

https://indiegamestand.com/deal/

Square Enix is being featured in the new Humble bundle:

PWYW: Thief Gold, Daikatana, Mini Ninjas, Anachronox, Hitman: Codename 47, Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
    BTA: Deus Ex: Invisible War, Deus Ex: The Fall, Hitman: Absolution, Nosgoth: Veteran Pack, Battlestations: Midway
    BT15: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut, Just Cause 2, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Deus Ex GOTY, Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

+ BTA Bonus games in the second week

http://www.humblebundle.com
    Last edited by alms; 22-07-2014 at 08:10 PM.

I have to say, the PWYW is a pretty great deal. Not too excited about BTA though, so I guess I'll grab Anachronox and the Hitman games, because my backlog isn't big enough already...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So I have all the old games except Hitman. The series always struck me as kinda clunky, can someone sing its merits?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Putting Deus Ex GOTY in the $15 amuses me more than it probably should.

I have very few of these, and want very few of these, but I will take this opportunity to say that Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is one of my favorite co-op games of all time. The two-player puzzle design (the single player puzzles are, of necessity, simplified) is absolutely brilliant.

It's interesting the most celebrated game in the Hitman franchise (Blood Money) is not included. I wonder if there's hope for it to come back in as a second week bonus game or they just left it out on purpose.

Also, looking at this Humble after the 2K bundle, I have a sneaking suspicion it might be a long time before I buy another one from them: on one side the tiers are built in a way that it doesn't make it overly appealing to me (similar to that used in weeklies but with stronger titles), on the other the constant inflation resulting from the inclusion of the BTxx tier, reduces my propension to just pull the trigger.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    So I have all the old games except Hitman. The series always struck me as kinda clunky, can someone sing its merits?
    I haven't played the first one. My initial contact with the series was Hitman 2 and I loved it to bits since I'd never seen a game like it before. It's quite buggy, but has a lot of memorable levels, with some quite interesting little vignettes here and there (and a handful of forgettable garbage too). One of the late levels does a pretty exciting little subversion, though the trick kind of relied on computer screens having lower resolutions back in the days...

As has been said innumerable times, Blood Money really is the high point and in some ways the only game in the series you really need to play. Contracts has some very interesting maps, but is a bit less developed mechanically than BM.

So eh, I wouldn't buy this bundle for the Hitman games alone, I guess.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Jeeez - I never thought I'd see Kane and Lynch 2 and JC2 (two of the most consistently deep-discounted games ever) in a premium tier of a bundle - let alone a $15 one. $15 is more than 99% of people who own those games will have paid for them even within 6 months of launch!!

Humble need to 'get out more' - their tiering is getting dumber and dumber. They're trying to make-up for the lost sales from 'grey market buyers' and turn-around a market focussed on the $1 bundle but they're doing it so, so, so wrong - my dog has more idea than they seem to have

Small heads-up also - Anachronox is an interesting idea (it's a sci-fi 3D JRPG, basically) but it's also one of the only games to ever give me motion sickness (the swirly bit at the start of EVERY fight does this EVERY time)

New on Steam: Logigun (IR Debut 3).
    New keys: Data Hacker: Initiation (Groupees, IGS), Super Panda Adventures (IG Greenlight 2).

Post #1 is up-to-date with linky goodness.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    If you end up owning Deus Ex: The Fall by beating the average under no circumstances should you actually play it. It's that bad, we are talking weapons grade terrible.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

I thought the problem with The Fall was the abysmal quality of the port?

Lesser Hivemind Node DevinSmoth's Avatar
    Huh.. I kinda wanted The Fall.. but i'd already decided to skip it. Now you're making me glad I made that decision. Thanks, Helio... always looking out for us.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I thought the problem with The Fall was the abysmal quality of the port?
    It wasn't a very good mobile game to begin with, shity port of a bad game.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by postinternetsyndrome View Post
    I haven't played the first one. My initial contact with the series was Hitman 2 and I loved it to bits since I'd never seen a game like it before. It's quite buggy, but has a lot of memorable levels, with some quite interesting little vignettes here and there (and a handful of forgettable garbage too). One of the late levels does a pretty exciting little subversion, though the trick kind of relied on computer screens having lower resolutions back in the days...

As has been said innumerable times, Blood Money really is the high point and in some ways the only game in the series you really need to play. Contracts has some very interesting maps, but is a bit less developed mechanically than BM.

So eh, I wouldn't buy this bundle for the Hitman games alone, I guess.
    The first one's an unplayable mess. Really, I'd say the entire PWYW tier (excepting Mini Ninjas, which I've never heard of) is more a curio than anything: games that were influential (possibly in spite of themselves, as with Codename 47) but have aged terribly.

But it's PWYW! Paying like... a cent for each game should justify any crap the game gives you, no? *evil laughter reflecting deep amorality, etc.* If the game is terrible I can always stop and uninstall it after the first five minutes of frustration.
    Last edited by Squiz; 23-07-2014 at 07:35 AM.

The PWYW tier is definitely worth it for Mini Ninja's based upon my experience with the demo. Played it on release and had it on the wishlist awaiting a nice price drop, which it's admittedly had a few times. It's only my backlog that's stopped me picking it up before now, but for $1 there's no point not snapping it up even if I still don't play through the whole thing straight away.