Page 269 of 321 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271279319 ... LastLast
Results 5,361 to 5,380 of 6411
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    If you want a trad. "kagoule" rally game, you have to choose between Dirt and Dirt 2 - except you can't buy them anymore.

Dirt is the last of the Colin McRae line and has all the 'kagoule' factor you'd ever want - but it's also known to be a bit of a bugger to get working on some newer systems and was removed from Steam for this reason I believe

Dirt 2 was the start of the 'YO BRAH' Ken Block era - there's still rallying in there but there's a lot of rallycross/stadium/X-Games stuff getting in the way of that AND it's dependant on GFWL and so it's also gone from Steam anyway (it's also fucking brilliant I should add)
    Thanks. I already have both, so a lack of availability isn't an issue, but I'm surprised to hear them mentioned because I didn't even think they did the "multiple timed solo stretches" style of rally. I've heard of the problems with Dirt on modern systems, and must admit I haven't tried it as a result. As to Dirt 2, the level of brotardation in the presentation sent me screaming for the hills after a few races, but those few racer were all of the bunch-of-cars-together-on-a-circuit variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    People who play serious rally sims still play Richard Burns Rally. It keeps on getting new mods, so it's as "up-to-date" as a rally sim gets these days. Problem is you can't buy it anywhere, of course. I've never played it, I only know its reputation.

There's a new project called gRally but all we have so far is a pretty webpage and a lot of promises (Tim Stone mentioned it briefly in a Flare Path not long ago).
    Wow, slim pickings indeed. Thanks for the info, anyway.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The stuff you're looking for is 'stage rallying' and it's the guts of Dirt and it's there in 2 (and a bit in 3) too

There's definately been a lean-away from that sort of event in the real world as well as in gaming - because it's not really spectator or TV friendly. X-Games style competitions, Rallycross (that's side-by-side racing on mixed tarmac/dirt courses), Gymkhana etc. is much trendier and so the games are pandering to that.

For me, the massive selling point of Dirt 2 is it's rewind capability tho. You can push harder, you can take at least some risks without throwing the entire event into the bin if you make a mistake. That makes them the king of their particular hill IMO

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Thanks. I already have both, so a lack of availability isn't an issue, but I'm surprised to hear them mentioned because I didn't even think they did the "multiple timed solo stretches" style of rally. I've heard of the problems with Dirt on modern systems, and must admit I haven't tried it as a result.
    For the record, I played Dirt last year and had no issues at all. Win7-64, Geforce 560ti, i5-2500. Can't hurt to try.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    For the record, I played Dirt last year and had no issues at all. Win7-64, Geforce 560ti, i5-2500. Can't hurt to try.
    It really can't, and your system is quite similar to mine. I'll give it a try.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Installation and play is usually - at worst - a bit of compatibility mode stuff, but some people find that the game just CTDs at-random which will get wearing fast.

New on Steam: Terrorhedron (IF Countdown3, IR Apollo [keys available]) and Unepic that has simply left Early Access.

New keys: Data Hacker: Initiation, Toxic Bunny HD (IR Debut13), Micron (IR Lunar), Logigun (IR Debut3), Frayed Knights and Steel & Steam (Groupees)
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

A quick update its-friday-evening-forgossake edition, for a few minor bundles:

Kiss My Bundles (gosh) Reprisal (well at least they're being honest?). They also have an iBomber Collection. Then we got a mini bundle from DailyIndieGame. And finally some grabbin', runnin' Bundle Bandits.

Nothing to write home about, the bandit bundling bundle bandits bundle looks like the most interesting to me, it has some pretty nice games although you might already have bought these all 5 times over and just for yourself.

Oh and IndieRoyale has unlocked the mysterious game of mystery unlock which would be Daily Espada. I'd say you know the address already but here it is anyway: http://www.indieroyale.com
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Has there been any word of IndieRoyale providing Steam keys for UnEpic?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Has there been any word of IndieRoyale providing Steam keys for UnEpic?
    Nope- quite a few developers seem unable to get keys onto IR at the moment - I suspect they may be suspicious of giving codes out or whatever but anyway

Goto IR and get your 'iroa' code - goto the UnEpic site and login to the 'My' section with your email and your code and you should be able to get a key that way?

Failing that - unepicgame[at]gmail.com will sort you out

From here it looks like they're simply slow, and that is not benefitting them or the devs either. A number of people are using that trick to get keys out before they're made available through IR, and that way they can get 2 keys - that is why I'm trying to avoid mentioning whenever this trick can be used.

Unepic's dev, as John said, had a particular system in place. I can't remember the specifics but it's been posted here by Rauten IIRC, so if you're having trouble, try to search the thread.

Today on IGS: Monsters!

https://indiegamestand.com/deal/

Monsters isn't very good, sadly. Looks quite nice but it's boring as anything.
    My actions are in no way born out of some sort of Darwinist offensive
    I just get a bit fidgety times

Should I tell you? there's more:

PlayInjector Beat the Heat:

PWYW: Globicide: Earth is Dead, Hassle Heart, Noire
    BTA: Numba Deluxe, Shi No Mori, Skyward Collapse, 12 Labours of Hercules
    BT9: Miner Wars 2081

http://www.playinjector.com/

DailyIndieGame: 1Quest, Unhack, Tiamat X, Radical Heroes: Crimson City Crisis, Evy: Magic Spheres, Power-up

$0.99 or if beat the (ridiculous) average to get 2 of everything.

http://www.dailyindiegame.com/content_bundle.html

Network Hub
    What day's today? That's right, it's Indiegala Monday!

Currently for $1.69:

The Howler
    Shadows of the Vatican Act 1
    The Samaritan Paradox
    Rogue's Tale
    99 Levels to Hell
    Questrun
    Chester

I'm ... I am actually tempted by The Howler & those 2 adventure games. Must resist!

The Samaritan Paradox is supposedly good, The Howler looked like a curiosity to me (but it might be fun if you have someone watching you, or maybe they'll hate you). I skipped 99 Levels a long time ago because it had no save feature.

trjp likes Chester, but I wasn't impressed; QuestRun looks cute but a look to metacritic kind of scared me away.

Humble has a new flash deal, featuring Humongous Entertainment:

PWYW: Putt-Putt Joins the Parade, Freddi Fish and The Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds
    BTA: Putt-Putt Goes to the Moon, Pajama Sam: No Need to Hide When It's Dark Outside, Freddi Fish 2: The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse, Spy Fox in "Dry Cereal"
    BT20: Humongous Entertainment Complete Pack

http://www.humblebundle.com/flash

New on Steam: Selknam Defense (IR Debut12).

New keys: Data Hacker: Initiation (IG Greenlight3), Super Trench Attack (Flying8), Frayed Knights (BiaB RPG).

Remember to fetch your Frayed Knights keys before BiaB shuts down for good (Aug 8th)

Quote Originally Posted by DevinSmoth View Post
    That's an interesting kid themed Humble Bundle, no? What do you guys think of it?
    I remember playing Putt Putt at the zoo when I was a kid, it's a shame it isn't included in the bundle - would've loved to see it again.
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by L_No View Post
    I remember playing Putt Putt at the zoo when I was a kid, it's a shame it isn't included in the bundle - would've loved to see it again.
    Well, it actually is, but at the $20 tier...

Quote Originally Posted by DevinSmoth View Post
    That's an interesting kid themed Humble Bundle, no? What do you guys think of it?
    I remember playing the trial versions of a few of those games as a kid and loving it. I'm sure they're good games. I don't think I'm going to buy it just for nostalgia's sake, though.

Quote Originally Posted by L_No View Post
    What kind of zoo lets you play adventure games there?

.....Ohhhh.