Page 276 of 296 FirstFirst ... 176226266274275276277278286 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,520 of 5901
    The latest Greenlight Groupee has unlocked Wickland, next up is Avner: An Unexpected Hero.

http://groupees.com/bagb9
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Lesser Hivemind Node DevinSmoth's Avatar
    I was surprised by Bundle Stars desire to pump this Titanium bundle as the Steam bundle of the year, basically... weird. Maybe having the Xbox hits in it is giving them fuel in their tank?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Lots of new stuff today, let's start with BeMine 14:

PWYW: Meltdown, Little Big Adventure 2, Legacy!
    $5+: Betrayer, The Mysterious Cities of Gold, Whispering Willows, Consortium
    First bonus: Eschalon Book III

Yay or nay?

http://groupees.com/bm14
    Um. That actually looks... very promising. That's six of those I'd say were at least worth five bucks together, some of them separately. (Everything bar Legacy and Eschalon.)

Quote Originally Posted by DevinSmoth View Post
    I was surprised by Bundle Stars desire to pump this Titanium bundle as the Steam bundle of the year, basically... weird. Maybe having the Xbox hits in it is giving them fuel in their tank?
    Struck me as odd, too. MINECRAFT AND HALO TOTALLY DOING IT - yeah, okay, guys, calm down?
    Last edited by Eight Rooks; 19-08-2014 at 07:09 PM.
    I post photos here. I write stories here. I'm on Twitter here.

Humble is back with the Jumbo 2 bundle:

PWYW: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing Complete, Deadlight, Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition
    BTA: Terraria, The King of Fighters XIII Steam Edition, Crusader Kings II + 3 DLC
    BT15: Age of Empires Legacy Bundle

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Once again, I like the PWYW tier.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    BeMine 14: Yay or nay?
    Its a Yay for me. I have been interested in Betrayer, Meltdown and Consortium, so for me thats well worth a punt on the $5 level.

Edit: Just seen the PWYW tier of Humble, guess I am going bundle shopping tonight.
    Last edited by Kiril; 19-08-2014 at 07:47 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    Its a Yay for me. I have been interested in Betrayer, Meltdown and Consortium, so for me thats well worth a punt on the $5 level.

Edit: Just seen the PWYW tier of Humble, guess I am going bundle shopping tonight.
    And so am I, I think. That's two solid collections. I've got the PWYW stuff on Humble, but $5 for KoF XIII has got to be worth a shot, and while I was never that interested in CK II (too grand and intimidating for me) I'm willing to take a chance at that price.

Dat new HB tho... really impressive bundle from Humble again. Even if you go all the way up to the BT15... it's a solid bundle. Not a huge AoE3 fan... but 2 is great fun and with Steamworks integration, has lots of life to it. I'm debating picking up the HB even though the only game that I actually don't have is KoF.

Activated Node
    Thoughts on Deadlight and Van Helsing? The first looks interesting, and the second one looks ok even though I'm not much of an ARPG player. That said, I'd probably buy it on the offchance that I have some game-playing friends who I haven't yet convinced to get into CK2....

Deadlight was great until I hit a certain spot and then just didn't get any farther... stupid timed nonsense. And as far as Van Helsing... it wasn't a great ARPG, if you want a really good one, then just wait for Torchlight 2. ;P It wasn't a terrible one though... just a bit boring. They do a sequel though, so apparently they had the support to do that.

Lots of new stuff today, let's start with BeMine 14:

PWYW: Meltdown, Little Big Adventure 2, Legacy!
    $5+: Betrayer, The Mysterious Cities of Gold, Whispering Willows, Consortium
    First bonus: Eschalon Book III

Yay or nay?
    Oh, Consortium. You promised so much, and came so close. And for those with enough luck to have avoided the bugs, or the patience to play through them, maybe you even delivered.

I think someone here described it as a "good ST:TNG episode," and that sounds right. From what I've seen, the writing is Great For A Game (ie. it's OK, and even occasionally good - if you overlook the poorly written lore dumped unceremoniously into the news database which, unfortunately, is necessary to inform some choices). The concepts are genuinely original. And it's an RPG in the true sense: one of the few games where you play a role, and feel some pressure to be consistent.

There's a really compelling vision of a game in there. I just couldn't quite see it clearly through game-breaking bugs, messed up dialogue trees (at a couple of points I had the option of asking a very specific question about something I had never encountered), and uneven tone. When I played, the point at which it started opening up in to something really interesting was also the point at which it started repeatedly collapsing under its own weight. Maybe it's more my fault than the game's that I quickly lost patience, though.

If it seems interesting, and you want to try a game whose choices seem to actually matter, or which comes close to proper hard sci-fi (though still based on a huge techno-magic macguffin), it's worth it at this price. Especially if you want Betrayer too, which... I kind of do.

Any thoughts on it? Or on Whispering Willows? It looks like it might actually be good.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Whispering Willows reviews seemed to criticise it heavily for being very slow and simplistic (I note the most recent Steam news post is the devs saying "No, we will not make her able to run!" <_< ), but I really wanted to see that art, and find out what the story was about.

On Consortium... ah. Didn't see any mention of crippling bugs on RPS' Impressions... but maybe they just didn't play far enough. Still, I'll give it a try. The Groupees titles all seem to be a little on the "It's good, but..." side, and yet I still think it's potentially really good value for money. One of the best, or at least most attractive bundles outside Humble I've seen in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by alexjhh View Post
    Thoughts on Deadlight and Van Helsing? The first looks interesting, and the second one looks ok even though I'm not much of an ARPG player. That said, I'd probably buy it on the offchance that I have some game-playing friends who I haven't yet convinced to get into CK2....
    I really, really liked Deadlight and quite liked Van Helsing. I didn't like Van Helsing enough to ever finish it, mind - it looked great but the wacky humour got a bit grating over time, and it didn't have anywhere near the detailed skill trees of other ARPGs. But I still enjoyed it much, much more than Torchlight II. :P

Deadlight was a gorgeous, gorgeous game that made surprisingly good use of its setting and mechanics - it was just a shame it had a truly awful story with an even worse localisation. Absolutely dire. But it looked amazing, and though it was pretty simple the platforming was pretty solid. Lots of people complained about the timed sections and the underground puzzles but none of these bits ever really bothered me. It was made by Tequila Works, who're currently working on Rime for the PS4, one of the Sony exclusives that really, really makes me wish I could afford to own a console.
    Last edited by Eight Rooks; 19-08-2014 at 08:52 PM.

I've been waiting for CKII for ages and this the cheapest it's been. Also Terraria is of interest, yes?

I already have Gal Civ 2, so give me a shout if you want it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Just tried Meltdown for a few minutes and I'm quite impressed, FWIW. Fairly straightforward little twinstick shooter where it's obvious it was on phones and tablets first, but I always meant to try it there - and it seems quite solid on PC from a quick play, with decent chunky 16-bit style art design and modelling, responsive controls and some seeming amount of depth. I'm just posting this in this thread rather than What Are You Playing because... well, no idea how it'll hold up in the long term, but I'm pretty sure it makes the Groupees PWYW tier worth it by itself if you enjoy this sort of thing.

Gah, lost a sizeable bunch of RepeatDB updates once again (first time ever was a few days ago) because of a bug and an oversight on my part. Anyway, done with the updating for today.

New on Steam: Trace Vector (BaGB5). No new keys.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rsherhod View Post
    I've been waiting for CKII for ages and this the cheapest it's been.
    Eh, not really. There's no substantive DLC in this deal, and the base game has been on sale for a pittance many times.

Really? Where?
    I had a quick look at isThereAnyDeal.com, which suggested the lowest it's been was 3.92 on Nuuvem. OK, so that's only 80p more than I've just spent.
    Besides that, it doesn't appear to have gone below 5, and I've had my eye on it for ages.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rsherhod View Post
    Really? Where?
    I had a quick look at isThereAnyDeal.com, which suggested the lowest it's been was 3.92 on Nuuvem. OK, so that's only 80p more than I've just spent.
    Besides that, it doesn't appear to have gone below 5, and I've had my eye on it for ages.
    Maybe it's a regional thing? I'd swear I'd seen the base game for $5 on both Steam and Gamersgate during various sales. The real expense is bound up in the DLC, and the only decent discounts tend to be offered on the complete pack (which includes the base game, of course).

My logic is that I can play the base game for now to get into it, having invested only a tiny sum, and then if I fancy the DLC I'll pick up the complete pack when I see it on sale.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Humble is back with the Jumbo 2 bundle:

PWYW: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing Complete, Deadlight, Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition
    I should feel guilty about getting that for $1. But I am a BAD MAN.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Why might I want Van Helsing or Deadlight? I already have Gal Civ 2 (on CD no less!)