Page 283 of 302 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,660 of 6024
    Lesser Hivemind Node DevinSmoth's Avatar
    Dat Blink Bundle looks pretty interesting. Aces, Continue, and Wazhack in particular look interesting. And I don't have any of them...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I am less sold on either. Reboot's sporting two absolute dogs (Hydrophobia and Velvet Assassin - if anyone actually wants Velvet Assassin for some reason I've got a Steam key somewhere) and I already have Cargo Commander. As for Blink, I've already got Continue, Vector has a F2P version on mobile and the first Riptide was none too great. Neither are bad as such, I guess, but they're both markedly less appealing if you've already got a couple of the better games included.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Hydrophobia is not a dog! Sure some of its platforming is naff but it's a buffet of ideas which are all brought together eventually. Yes, you'll suffer a few unavoidable deaths but you'll learn around them. Honestly, it gets too much abuse.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node DevinSmoth's Avatar
    Apparently, from what I read on Reddit... Wazhack is supposed to be a pretty good Roguelike game.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Hydrophobia is not a dog! Sure some of its platforming is naff but it's a buffet of ideas which are all brought together eventually. Yes, you'll suffer a few unavoidable deaths but you'll learn around them. Honestly, it gets too much abuse.
    Seconded! It really is an interesting game, and I'm not sure why it isn't more popular. A shame it will likely never see a sequel, because the world building is interesting.

Network Hub
    So, the folks over on the front page stole our thunder.

But we'll show 'em! Just you wait!

Today's deal on Indiegamestand is Cubetractor, and beating the average (currently about $2) also gets you Dustforce!

Rock Paper Shotgun (sounds familiar somehow... where did I hear about it before?) gives its name to the new Humble Weekly:

PWYW: World of Goo, Dungeons of Dredmor Complete, Audiosurf, Armageddon Empires
    BT6: Amnesia the Dark Descent, AI War Fleet Command + 3 DLC, Teleglitch Die More Edition + Guns & Tunes DLC

http://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Quote Originally Posted by Jurple View Post
    So, the folks over on the front page stole our thunder.
    Nothing to steal here, we're the forgotten corner of the Internet :P
    Last edited by alms; 04-09-2014 at 08:21 PM.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

It's a great bundle... if you don't read RPS regularly and don't already have most of these games as a result. Oh well.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

BundleStars Traaaaaaaaaaaiiinnnnnnnnnz:

Trainz Simulator 12 + the following DLC: Nickel Plate High Speed Freight, SS4 China Coal Heavy Haul Pack, BR Class 14, Blue Comet, Aerotrain, Coronation Scot, PRR T1, The Duchess

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundl...trainz-bundle/

Post #2 is over-overcrowded once again.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    It's a great bundle... if you don't read RPS regularly and don't already have most of these games as a result. Oh well.
    This was a funny one, actually. I looked at the bundle, thought "wow, that's a fantastic bundle, it's a shame I already own all of it" and only then looked at the title. I'd been wondering if RPS and I had been drifting apart taste-wise, but I have to admit that with the singular exception of Teleglitch (which I haven't played, but doesn't look like my kind of thing) I approve of everything here.

New keys: McDroid (IGS), Power-Up (Groupees), Red Johnson's Chronicles (Groupees)

Groupees Haunting Orc:

PWYW (build-a-bundle): Ludwig, Actua Soccer 3, Orc Attack: Flatulent Rebellion, Realms of the Haunting, Startag
    Plus a $2+ tier with no games in it.

First bonus: Dungeon Lurk II.

https://groupees.com/tuesday6

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Groupees Haunting Orc:

PWYW (build-a-bundle): Ludwig, Actua Soccer 3, Orc Attack: Flatulent Rebellion, Realms of the Haunting, Startag
    Plus a $2+ tier with no games in it.

First bonus: Dungeon Lurk II.

https://groupees.com/tuesday6
    That kinda looks like scrambling to fill up the numbers but I think I might actually drop $1 to get Realms of the Haunting. I miss that game - one of the only titles from the cheap FMV era I found genuinely entertaining.

No I'm not dead. The day so far:

IndieRoyale Debut 18 - In Exilium, Dungeon of Gain, Drew and the Floating Labyrinth, Crunch Time!, Guy VS The Wicked and Nefarious Land, Inside the Gear, Voyage to Farland + 1 bonus game.

BundleStars NightDive Studios - System Shock 2, Bad Mojo: Redux, Wizardry 6 & 7, Wizardry 8, Harvester, 7th Guest, 11th Hour, I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, Shadow Man

IndieGala August Heat unlocked Lifeless Planet.

New keys: Jamsouls (IR Debut5), McDROID (IR Debut1)
    Last edited by alms; 12-09-2014 at 03:35 AM.

Flying Bundle Greenlight 2:

Coated, Don't Move, One Snack Please, Startag, We Slay Monsters, WolfWars + 1 mystery game

$1 min.

http://www.flyingbundle.com

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I snoozed and losed(loozed?) And missed out on that bundle with consortium. I think bundle stars has made me complacent with its seemingly eternal bundles.

System Shock 2 is a great game once you modernise the control scheme to something you expect, but you know this, and Shadowman is probably the best "Third party 64bit Zelda" game, you travel around a branching hub, watching things get progressively more wretched and you get progressively more powerful. Its looking rough around the edges these days but it has some genuinely smart bits which more people should experience.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I snoozed and losed(loozed?) And missed out on that bundle with consortium. I think bundle stars has made me complacent with its seemingly eternal bundles.
    That's a shame. It's a great bundle game. Short and interesting enough to hold interest for it's length.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by DevinSmoth View Post
    Apparently, from what I read on Reddit... Wazhack is supposed to be a pretty good Roguelike game.
    Wazhack is certainly interesting. One of those games where you play a bit, die, get annoyed because of how you died, and play again anyway. After a while, you realize you've played for two hours.

It is a Rogue-style game, except played from a side view instead of an overhead view. It is effectively turn-based, but not in the "alternating turns" style of classic ASCII Roguelikes. Instead, it uses the "everything moves with you" style of time. When you are moving or otherwise acting, everything else is moving. When you stop, everything else stops.

I don't know how fair it is yet, which is a potentially dangerous issue for a Rogue-style game. Food is generally abundant enough that I haven't starved yet, but I have been poisoned several times due to only having iffy food available. Sometimes I get rushed by a flood of enemies, while other areas are fairly barren of enemies. Using unidentified objects will quite happily wreck your game, whether it be by destroying your best piece of equipment (scroll of destroy armor), poisoning you (bad food), or just gradually killing you (amulet of strangulation).

The user interface feels a little klunky, and some stuff isn't well explained. Using a bow seems to be a hassle, as (like some old Roguelikes) you use it by pressing 't' to throw and then picking arrows (which I generally have to scroll down to) every single time that you want to fire an arrow. Using a harp seems to be done by making it your secondary, and then hitting the Attack icon at the bottom of the screen? There are hotkeys for different equipment set-ups, but I'm not entirely sure how to set them up or how useful they actually are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    BundleStars Traaaaaaaaaaaiiinnnnnnnnnz:

Trainz Simulator 12 + the following DLC: Nickel Plate High Speed Freight, SS4 China Coal Heavy Haul Pack, BR Class 14, Blue Comet, Aerotrain, Coronation Scot, PRR T1, The Duchess

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundl...trainz-bundle/

Post #2 is over-overcrowded once again.
    I have a standard disclaimer for Trainz - I'm just a bit late with it.

Basically - Trainz is a trainset wheteras Train Simulator is a train driving game.

You can drive 'from the cab' in Trainz but it's nowhere near as good as TS - it's "layout" capabilities are much simpler/easier to access tho

The other thing to realise about Trainz is that it's performance - even on a modern PC - is APPALLING. There have also been historic issues with the developers leaving the Steam version 'behind' in updates which can render a lot of the mod content (and there's lots of it) inaccessible to Steam users.