Page 282 of 282 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282
Results 5,621 to 5,637 of 5637
    Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Eight Rooks View Post
    True enough. Just BADLAND is my favourite of the lot, and I've already got all of those games, so I guess subconsciously I want to recommend the one I like best. :P But yeah, two excellent bundles in a row makes a change after some of the dubious deals they've had lately.
    Meh... I picked up Badland the last time it was recommended in this thread, and while it is probably the most beautiful Android game I've ever played, I found the actual gameplay rather lackluster. You just tap tap tap away to get the little black guy from start to finish in each level, and I found it tedious and repetitive. Others obviously disagree, but I wanted to post this in case anyone was going to get the bundle specifically just for this game - you should consider if you like that type of game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Badland is amazing because it introduces 'gameplay' in a quite subtle way.

Sure you can just 'tap and get to the end' (tho it gets FUCKING hard later on) but it throws you the bone of being able to do it quicker/better etc. too

Badland is - IMO - one of the best games made in the last 5 years - it's FAR smarter than it first appears...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yeah, if you think Badland is merely tap-tap-tap you've won, you didn't play very far, or you're astonishingly good at videogames (either that or you're just plain stubborn and can't see anything wrong with that). Much as I love the game I would still criticise the sheer mind-boggling difficulty of most of the optional objectives. Doing the later levels in one go without ever dying is close to impossible. Yes, all you're doing is tapping the screen, but Flappy Bird it ain't - the sheer variety of things it allows you to do with that simple control method and the skill it demands you do it with are both absolutely astonishing.
    I post photos here. I write stories here. I'm on Twitter here.

Activated Node
    Yeah, if you think Badland is merely tap-tap-tap you've won, you didn't play very far, or you're astonishingly good at videogames (either that or you're just plain stubborn and can't see anything wrong with that). Much as I love the game I would still criticise the sheer mind-boggling difficulty of most of the optional objectives. Doing the later levels in one go without ever dying is close to impossible. Yes, all you're doing is tapping the screen, but Flappy Bird it ain't - the sheer variety of things it allows you to do with that simple control method and the skill it demands you do it with are both absolutely astonishing.
    I didn't mean to imply that you simply tap a lot to make it to the end of the levels - it's definitely strategic tapping. It just didn't resonate with me. I made it through the first seven levels and didn't find it compelling enough to keep going.

In fact, I'm finding that, even though I have most or all of the Humble Android Bundles, very few android games actually end up appealing to me.

Activated Node
    I should also add that it's not cool that Badland seemingly has no way to exit out of the game on my Nexus 5 (it somehow suppresses all the Android buttons, so I can't hit back). I always have to hit one of the external social networking links in the game to switch over to the Chrome browser, and then I can force close Badland using the recent tasks button. This little quirk didn't help the game get on my good side.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dare_Wreck View Post
    I should also add that it's not cool that Badland seemingly has no way to exit out of the game on my Nexus 5 (it somehow suppresses all the Android buttons, so I can't hit back). I always have to hit one of the external social networking links in the game to switch over to the Chrome browser, and then I can force close Badland using the recent tasks button. This little quirk didn't help the game get on my good side.
    You sure it's not just that thing apps do now? It removes all the software buttons for me, but if I swipe up from the bottom of the screen they come straight back. Apologies if that's not what you mean.

Activated Node
    You sure it's not just that thing apps do now? It removes all the software buttons for me, but if I swipe up from the bottom of the screen they come straight back. Apologies if that's not what you mean.
    Oh wow, that was it - I don't think I've seen an app do that before. All my other apps leave the Android software buttons alone on the screen. Thanks for the tip! I'm still not likely to go back to Badland, though. :)

New on Steam: Power-Up (BaB8).

Quiet day today?
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

IndieRoyale Mixer 8 has already unlocked its bonus game: Ostrich Island.

http://www.indieroyale.com

DailyIndieGame has released a Mini Bundle: 1Quest, Depth Hunter, Deep Black: Reloaded, Radical Heroes, Tiamat X, Sick Brick.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Infinite Space III: Sea of Stars is now and for the next 4 days being featured as IndieGameStand's deal.

https://indiegamestand.com/deal/

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Infinite Space III: Sea of Stars is now and for the next 4 days being featured as IndieGameStand's deal.

https://indiegamestand.com/deal/
    Ah, another one from the backlog. But if it's only half as fun as its predecessor, this is silly value for money.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurple View Post
    Ah, another one from the backlog. But if it's only half as fun as its predecessor, this is silly value for money.
    Both of which you can get by beating the average (currently about $1.75).

IndieGala Every Monday 23:

Victim of Xen, Jet Gunner, Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine, Gold Rush Classic, Spate, Space Tank

https://www.indiegala.com/monday

BundleStars Inferno Bundle:

Urban Trial Freestyle, Heavy Fire: Afghanistan, Orbital Gear, Jet Car Stunts, The Few, 8BitBoy, Dungeons: The Eye of Draconus, Speed Kills, Residue: Final Cut, Freedom Fall

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/inferno-bundle/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    BundleStars Inferno Bundle:

Urban Trial Freestyle, Heavy Fire: Afghanistan, Orbital Gear, Jet Car Stunts, The Few, 8BitBoy, Dungeons: The Eye of Draconus, Speed Kills, Residue: Final Cut, Freedom Fall

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/inferno-bundle/
    Not sure about the others, but Freedom Fall and Jet Car Stunts alone make this one worth it, for anyone who's not played/got them.

New on Steam: Millennium III - Cry Wolf (IR Debut8, G Spotlight5 T1)

BundleStars Arctic:

Syberia, Syberia II, Scratches: Director's Cut, Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals, Post Mortem, Still Life, Still Life 2

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/arctic-bundle/

And no new Humble to replace Jumbo 2.
    Last edited by alms; Yesterday at 10:38 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Not sure about the others, but Freedom Fall and Jet Car Stunts alone make this one worth it, for anyone who's not played/got them.
    I'll second Freedom Fall, its only a moderate length but it gives so much in that time.

Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals is crazy beyond words, this is not a recommendation.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/