Page 13 of 311 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    Avernum bundle spotted in Steam Registry. Avernum IV, V and VI for a still unknown price. First they diss the low price point, after they start, they won't stop :)

now back to pizza & torchlight.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

IndieGala adds new bonus, the rather obscure maze game Deadend: Cerebral Vortex.

Last 20 mins to get IR May Hurray.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Avernum bundle spotted in Steam Registry. Avernum IV, V and VI for a still unknown price. First they diss the low price point, after they start, they won't stop :)
    I don't think that Vogel really took the concept of an expanded market seriously, that if he lowered the price he would continue to sell the same 4,000 copies per game but just make half as much. He seems to have a self-defeatist attitude. I mean, who announces a game with "Avernum out for Windows, for what it's worth"?

Edit: I was looking through that Steam registry site to check it out, and I never really look there, but is it common for already-released items to show up as new ones.? For example, Bioshock 1, 2, and Civ 4 complete are all listed from yesterday, but can already be purchased.
    Last edited by Kodeen; 10-05-2012 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    who announces a game with "Avernum out for Windows, for what it's worth"?
    LOL! From the one interview I've read, he did sound really laid back. He's got this niche, he can live outside the rat race, and he's happy with that. I wish him great luck. And BTW with these lower prices, everybody wins.

is it common for already-released items to show up as new ones.? For example, Bioshock 1, 2, and Civ 4 complete are all listed from yesterday, but can already be purchased.
    AFAIK it happens when there are some kinds of special offers, e.g. steam bundles or package deals.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I don't think that Vogel really took the concept of an expanded market seriously, that if he lowered the price he would continue to sell the same 4,000 copies per game but just make half as much. He seems to have a self-defeatist attitude. I mean, who announces a game with "Avernum out for Windows, for what it's worth"?
    Not really self-defeatist or laid-back, more got the impression he was really bloody nervous about doing anything. He was making a decent living, selling to the same 4000 people one game every year at a premium price. He had a job he liked and was content. I get not wanting to gamble that on the chance at making big money. Because if you drop the prices and don't get those extra sales, it's hard to put them back up without losing people.

[And even the old games were selling, albeit only a couple a month, people were still buying at full price]

Network Hub

It's odd they add the 7's to the reviews section, considering that's considered low these days. I wonder if that's the publisher's decision or Steam's.

It's out, FWIW :) the bundle's 7.19 € for eurofolks, or 3.19 € for each game.

Hi guys, I am organizing the (reddit) GameDev Bundle. If you have any questions or anything, feel free to ask!

zOMG, Irish Indie Bundle looking for games.

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reparadocs View Post
    Hi guys, I am organizing the (reddit) GameDev Bundle. If you have any questions or anything, feel free to ask!
    What music will be included in your third set of unlocks after we've donated a sufficient number of boots to Cambodia and candy to blind gamers?

Funny, I thought shoes were made in Cambodia :P

IndieRoyale All-charity lightning pack is live: Osmos, B.U.T.T.O.N., The Shivah, Blueberry Garden

Bundle in a Box finally reveals launch date.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Blueberry Garden is half casual half procedural-environmental survival horror, I recommend it heartily.

Osmos is an unpleasant scab of a game, play at your peril.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 16-05-2012 at 06:53 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    Seems a bit harsh. I quite liked Osmos.

It gets frustrating pretty fast after the introductory levels. Wish it had a gentler difficulty curve.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    It gets frustrating pretty fast after the introductory levels. Wish it had a gentler difficulty curve.
    I'd second that - lovely idea but it goes from zero to hero (and a hero in need of a LOT of luck) pretty quickly - shame, really.

It's really hard to get difficulty right when you're a small studio tho - by the time it comes to balancing the game you've been playing it for months - you're really, really good at it - you forget others aren't...

or so my customers tell me anyway :)

BeMine is back with an original "build a bundle" gimmick (now, if only half of the games weren't repeats from BeMine1...), list and details in post #2.

Build a Bundle is live: choose from 3 to 12 games, PWYW with a variable minimum which depends on which games you select.