Page 135 of 313 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,700 of 6257
    Quote Originally Posted by renhoelder View Post
    Any news on what the additional games for HIB9 are or when they are revealed?
    Usually second week, so tomorrow - but don't hold your breath. As for the actual titles, I doubt they will surface, leaks are pretty rare these days.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

I don't know about any of the other games but Siege of the Necromancer is great. It's a digital version of a choose-your-own-adventure type books and great fun. There's actually no less than seven of these now available on Desura, all set in the same universe but otherwise independent stories. The Wizard from Tarnath Tor is also from the same series but I haven't played it.
    Also, realistic dice physics.
    Last edited by Anthile; 17-09-2013 at 10:03 PM.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Telepath is pretty and looks like the plot might be interesting, but I've never got very far in it, due to my complete and utter uselessness at turn-based grid combat (I'll get better someday, I promise).

Frayed Knights has always been in the "looks like it might be interesting" category for me, without being enough to push me over the edge. I may stump up for the bundle.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    New Bundle in a Box RPG:

http://www.bundle-in-a-box.com

So many names I don't recognize... thoughts?
    I've heard good things about Frayed Knights and Telepath. I decided to go for it on the basis of that.

Also Northmark (which unfortunately I got last week) is not a bad game. Sort of Magic The Gathering mixed with an RPG.

Lesser Hivemind Node DevinSmoth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iridescence View Post
    I've heard good things about Frayed Knights and Telepath. I decided to go for it on the basis of that.

Also Northmark (which unfortunately I got last week) is not a bad game. Sort of Magic The Gathering mixed with an RPG.
    Telepath? What do you mean?

Telepath RPG: Servants of God, one of the BTA games in this bundle.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Focus doing a Humble Bundle is a bit weird - they own and run Bundlestars ;)

I'm glad I DID go for Divinity II at 75% off - because I might have ended-up with Confrontation :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So many names I don't recognize... thoughts?
    Hack Slash Loot is a bizarrely hard roguealike - I bounced-off it after dying within seconds a few times ;)

COC: The Wasted Land was quite well done on a tablet - not sure who well it would come over to PC but the game is nice.

Northmark and Styrateg was on IGS last week - someone must have picked them up?

Telepath RPG - middle eastern steampunk!? Well that's novel...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post

I'm glad I DID go for Divinity II at 75% off - because I might have ended-up with Confrontation :)
    Is Confrontation THAT bad?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Is Confrontation THAT bad?
    I've yet to meet anyone who has a nice word to say about it (aside from a weirdly positive Eurogamer Italy review!?) I played it at someone's house for about an hour and the best I could describe it as would be "a boring mishmash which didn't lead me into wanting to spend any more time with it" - it also crashed twice (the reason I was there - in fact).

Worst part is, being Cyanide you know that it's unlikely to get the fixes it needs or the polish it lacks - ever - they just don't do that with their games.

It's probably not worth actively avoiding - but then few games are - there's a review on Metacritic which says "is just not a very good game" - I'll take that.

p.s. with the 2 Steam bundles listed - what happens if someone pays LTA then BTA then? Are they going for 'single keys' either way?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    BTA: Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land [IR Oktoberfest, Greenlight 2, IG IX],
    It was only for Android in IG IX, which was annoying when there is a PC version (that must have been in the Greenlight bundle, obviously. Not sure of the IR bundle).

Activated Node
    Usually second week, so tomorrow - but don't hold your breath. As for the actual titles, I doubt they will surface, leaks are pretty rare these days.
    Yeah, they confirmed on Twitter that the bonuses unlock today at the usual time.

Confrontation is actually one of the reasons I'll probably get this bundle. I know it has terrible reviews and wouldn't buy it normally even at 75% off but the game concept really appeals to me and for a bundle price, maybe it's one of those games where I disagree with the consensus?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by iridescence View Post
    Confrontation is actually one of the reasons I'll probably get this bundle. I know it has terrible reviews and wouldn't buy it normally even at 75% off but the game concept really appeals to me and for a bundle price, maybe it's one of those games where I disagree with the consensus?
    Same, and that RAW game. I saw them on the steam sale and wanted to see what they are like, they don't seem great, but sometimes you get that itch and at bundle price you can't really go wrong especially with Wargame which is meant to be ok.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I bought the Bundle in a Box, will post some opinions on the contents later!
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

New Bundle Star:

Sanctum
    A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda
    Two Worlds Epic Edition
    Joint Task Force
    Nexus: The Jupiter Incident
    Commandos 3: Destination Berlin
    Garshasp: Temple of the Dragon
    Battlepaths
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    I bought the Bundle in a Box, will post some opinions on the contents later!
    Thoughts after about 15 minutes with each game:

Unemployment Quest: Haven't tried it yet

Siege of the Necromancer: From one attempt, seems like a solid if unspectacular gamebook, although I died fairly early so maybe it's more interesting later

Hack, Slash, Loot: If I don't die immediately, this seems quite fun. It's one of those modern "casual" roguelikes where there isn't much to it at all, but it seems one of the more fun of its types, although I can't really pin down why yet. Interface isn't great: good potential for misclicks and couldn't find a skip turn command (you can click on your character, but that's a poor solution).

Styrateg: Bad grammar, and the game doesn't seem so good so far.

Inaria: At first glance it's a fairly lightweight roguelike, probably more to it than the others in this bundle, tries to do a mouse interface but doesn't do it so well, actually may be more annoying than a standard roguelike. Didn't really try it much.

Dungeon Fray: This is actually quite interesting. It's a bit like Desktop Dungeons in that you've got a dungeon with passive enemies sitting about and deterministic combat. The mechanics are completely different but it has the same puzzley feel. Unfortunately the games take quite a while to play if you do well, and there's no save option. This one might be rather good, but I haven't played it enough to know whether the mechanics are ultimately sound.

Empires and Dungeons 2: Very light strategy/RPG game, probably going to be fun enough to fill up the occasional half hour.

Frayed Knights: If you find this funny it's probably well worth playing. I find it annoying, but there definitely seems to be some meat to the gameplay in this one.

The Wasted Land: Haven't been able to get this to work properly yet.

The Wizard from Tarnath Tor: This gamebook has a slightly slow start but once you get to Tarnath things start getting really rather exciting and interesting. Looking forward to the next few attempts at this!

Northmark: RPG card game that looks like it has some potential. Not entirely convinced by the mechanics but I have a suspicion it'll get better when I have more cards available.

The Wizards Lair: Seems entirely pointless.

Telepath RPG: I haven't played this yet but I remember playing some Telepath game once and thinking it was pretty good.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Bunch of updates:

Humble Bundle 9 unlocked Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken, A Virus Named Tom, Bastion [HIBV BTA, HumWkly1], and LIMBO [HIBV].

http://www.humblebundle.com

BundleStars has a new Indie Jam 3 bundle, featuring: Sanctum [IF Spring, IR Launch], ARES Extinction Agenda [IG4, IR Launch], Two Worlds Epic Edition [BM6 Premium], Joint Task Force, Nexus: The Jupiter Accident, Commandos 3: Destination Berlin [IGVI BTA, Groupees DGF], Garshasp: Temple of the Dragon [BM3 Premium], Battlepaths [IR Debut2].

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundl...-jam-3-bundle/

IndieGala has launched the Magicka++ Weekly: PWYW: Magicka [IG Magicka] Tier 2: 8 Magicka DLCs; Final Frontier, Frozen Lake, Marshlands, Nippon, Party Robes, The Watchtower, Vietnam [IG Magicka], Wizard's Survival Kit. Tier 3: More Magicka DLCs; Aspiring Musician Robes, Dungeons and Daemons, Gamer Bundle, Grimnir's Laboratory, Heirlooms Item Pack, Holiday Spirit Item Pack, Horror Props Item Pack, Mega Villain Robes, Peculiar Gadgets Item Pack, Lonely Island Cruise, The Other Side of the Coin, The Stars Are Left, Tower of Niflheim + King Arthur Collection [IG Colossus BTA]

http://www.indiegala.com/weekly
    Last edited by alms; 18-09-2013 at 09:38 PM.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    It was only for Android in IG IX, which was annoying when there is a PC version (that must have been in the Greenlight bundle, obviously. Not sure of the IR bundle).
    You have a keen eye, sir, thanks for the help. The Oktoberfest is a mistake, too.

True, but the visibility BundleStars has is nothing compared to the Almighty Humble. Its reputation as a bundle is probably even worse: the only reason I love it is they run so many repeats the time commitment for a given BundleStars outing is vastly reduced compared to any other bundle out there.