Page 17 of 311 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Plays fine with the 360 controller ;)
    It may, but I do not.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by baby snot View Post
    Seriously wondering if there any surprises in store for Humble Bundle V.
    If history repeats, the bonus will be HIB4, which was a great bundle, too.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Space bundle loaded on Steam: Lunar Flight, Shattered Horizon, Universe Sandbox, Stellar Impact, Gratuitous Space Battles.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Space bundle loaded on Steam: Lunar Flight, Shattered Horizon, Universe Sandbox, Stellar Impact, Gratuitous Space Battles.
    I'm not seeing it. Region specific? Time delay more likely. Link?

It's been loaded but it's not live yet, will likely be later this week.

Seriously tho, whilst these are all great games, they're also all games which have been DEEPLY discounted at some point (the least discounted one is probably Amnesia)???

Which suggests to me that the only people left not owning them are people who don't really want them - which is an interesting sales tactic!? :)
    It seems counter-intuitive, but since it's already the best-selling bundle they've ever had and there's still 1.5 weeks left, I can't really knock them for it.

It's been loaded but it's not live yet, will likely be later this week.
    Aren't we due the sale this week or next? I'm guessing we'll see a few more of these crop up in the registry the next day or so.
    My actions are in no way born out of some sort of Darwinist offensive
    I just get a bit fidgety times

IndieGala unlocks music.

Last 24h to get IndieRoyale and Bundle in a Box. For the latter, the average has gone down a fair bit from the early days, the full bundle with bonuses can be had for a bit more than 4$, or the base package for mere 99 cents.

If you have HIB2 you might be interested in this:

http://indiegames.com/2012/06/cortex...es_final_.html

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Last year's Steam Summer Sale was at the end of June - so assuming they're on the sale sort of calendar, we've 3 weeks to wait yet.

That said, with all the dailies and other sales and bundles, there can't be much left people actually want!?

It's live (that was quick)

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/14943/

Last year's Steam Summer Sale was at the end of June - so assuming they're on the sale sort of calendar, we've 3 weeks to wait yet.

That said, with all the dailies and other sales and bundles, there can't be much left people actually want!?
    Don't mind me, I'm a month in the future.
    My actions are in no way born out of some sort of Darwinist offensive
    I just get a bit fidgety times

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    It may, but I do not.
    I do wonder, sometimes, what it is about PC gamers that they demand games be controllable with devices that are neither ideal for the job nor what the game was designed for...

Anyone playing PC games and not in possession of a joypad is a strange person IMO - joypads work really, really well for many types of games and the 360 pad is the one most likely to work with the games on offer right now (although there are other options if you don't mind some 'kicking' to make some games work with them).

This idea that every game on PC should be shoehorned into working with a keyboard and a mouse (which, whatever you might think, are NOT ideal control methods for any type of action game other than FPS's) is bloody strange.

Anyone playing any form of platform game on a keyboard is particularly bonkers IMO

@frictionalgames Interesting. Sales in online stores has increased on average by 30% even though we are in the Humble Bundle.
    As seen on twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    (which, whatever you might think, are NOT ideal control methods for any type of action game other than FPS's)
    And RTS, TBS, RTWP, Action Games, Simulators, Old Adventure Games....

He does have a point with regard to Bastion, though. I tried it yesterday and it's better than what I remembered from playing the demo on the keyboard.

Problem is, even with remappable controls (a rarity these days), the damn game has more buttons than I have on my cheap pad :| and, this is stupid, whenever you activate the pad, keyboard commands are turned off. Had to Alt-F4 my way out after dying because I had remapped back and start.

HIB adds new games: Lone Survivor (!!!), Braid and Super Meat Boy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I do wonder, sometimes, what it is about PC gamers that they demand games be controllable with devices that are neither ideal for the job nor what the game was designed for...

Anyone playing PC games and not in possession of a joypad is a strange person IMO - joypads work really, really well for many types of games and the 360 pad is the one most likely to work with the games on offer right now (although there are other options if you don't mind some 'kicking' to make some games work with them).

This idea that every game on PC should be shoehorned into working with a keyboard and a mouse (which, whatever you might think, are NOT ideal control methods for any type of action game other than FPS's) is bloody strange.

Anyone playing any form of platform game on a keyboard is particularly bonkers IMO
    I play primary strategy games, simulations, puzzle games, and RPGs, with the occasional FPS. All of these work either optimally or adequately with mouse and keyboard, hence I have never had any reason to use a gamepad. I used to use a joystick for some games about 15 years ago so I am probably still competent with that device, but never having used a gamepad makes me pretty useless with it. Hence, I would be much more competent playing Bastion with a mouse and keyboard, and so that's what I'd do, but I didn't like it in the demo so I'm not going to play it. I've tried using a pad a few times, and felt like it wasn't something that was going to click quickly. It's something I'd have to spend some time being useless with in order to get competent, and right now I have no need to do that.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Indie Underdog Pack #2 coming in a few days.

errata: "in a day or so"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    I've tried using a pad a few times, and felt like it wasn't something that was going to click quickly. It's something I'd have to spend some time being useless with in order to get competent, and right now I have no need to do that.
    For what it's worth, it clicks fairly quickly for most games, you're looking at about an hour I'd say. I sympathise though, for games that require properly precise control, I suck with a pad. I'm so bad at aiming on shooters it's not funny.

Also for Bastion specifically, wasn't there a control issue with the keys not mapping exactly to the diagonals on release? Thus making it really hard to play on keyboard. And that got fixed quite sharpish (was in John's review I think). So may be worth another go on keyboard/mouse regardless?