Page 188 of 290 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238288 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,760 of 5783
    Groupees has a new Spotlight deal:

$1: Reperfection - Vol. 1 [IGS]
    $2: Android version and OST

http://groupees.com/spotlight6
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

The Blink Bundle has unlocked its first mystery game, it's I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream [VODO2].

http://www.blinkbundle.com
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Strazz View Post
    All with Steam keys. Haven't played any of them, so can't give an opinion, but Tim Stone wrote about Airport Simulator 2014 during the holidays.
    For some obscure reason RPS seem to write quite often about these games (ok, it's mostly for laughs, but sometimes they're just mean and pretend they're writing about a good game). Anyways, full entry with repeats and RPS mentions from post #2:

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Extreme Sims

FTR Lunar Flight and Bridge It have nothing to do with the German Shovelware Simulator series. I can vouch for Lunar Flight, excellent game.

edit: Ship Simulator and Dogfight 1942, too, but both of them are probably not excellent at all.

Lesser Hivemind Node frightlever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DevinSmoth View Post
    Without a doubt, I would pick this bundle up just for Gnomoria... that game is without a doubt awesome and he's still adding more and more things in. The developer seems really great, answers community questions and whatnot, and is making an awesome, approachable game. I haven't played any of the others yet, though I have quite a few of them, but yeah... Gnomoria... so good.
    My problem with Gnomoria is that after playing, literally, hundreds of hours I woke up one day and decided to reinstall Dwarf Fortress and played about a hundred hours of it in a week.

I haven't looked at Gnomoria for months - I look at the patch notes every few weeks but he's not doing anything I find all that interesting any longer. He's obfuscating trade and diplomacy now, but I suspect that like crafting, it'll add a layer of complication that isn't any more complex, just more awkward.

Reversion Doublepack (The Escape [BS Stellar Indie Adventure], The Meeting [BiaB4 BTA, BaGB2, BundleBandits #1]) is today's deal on IndieGameStand.

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    edit: Ship Simulator and Dogfight 1942, too, but both of them are probably not excellent at all.
    Dogfight 1942 is sort of somewhat okay-ish. It's similar to Air Conflicts: Secret Wars in gameplay. Not a very good port; the tutorial popups in the first mission cause so much lag that it's difficult to play and trees, which you can fly into, are invisible, at least on my system. And like Air Conflicts, it's incapable of letting you just fly and blow stuff up, but has to constantly interrupt you.
    But it's not a horrible game, just rather average.

Network Hub
    Tuesday is Humble day. And the latest is the Humble Sid Meier Bundle:

Base tier
    • Civilization III complete
    • Civilization IV complate
    • Ace Patrol
    • Ace Patrol: Pacific skies
    • Railroads

BTA (currently $4.26):

• Civilization V
    • Civilization V: Gods & Kings

Over $15:

• Civilization V: Brave New World

Um. That's certainly a lot of game. And none of it has ever been bundled AFAIK.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurple View Post
    Tuesday is Humble day. And the latest is the Humble Sid Meier Bundle:

Base tier
    • Civilization III complete
    • Civilization IV complate
    • Ace Patrol
    • Ace Patrol: Pacific skies
    • Railroads

BTA (currently $4.26):

• Civilization V
    • Civilization V: Gods & Kings

Over $15:

• Civilization V: Brave New World

Um. That's certainly a lot of game. And none of it has ever been bundled AFAIK.
    Full CivV is worth the $15 but some people don't like it. But 3 and 4 are great civ games and for the base tier that is a lot of gameplay

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Ace Patrol and the sequel are wonderful, everyone should give them a chance.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

PWYW is an outright steal and BTA is close: to think when I bought the two Ace Patrols on Amazon I said to myself - no way this is getting bundled... duh!

On the plus side I own all the parts I'm interested into except the Complete upgrade for Civ IV and BNW, so it's an easy skip... so far! There's still the second week bonus games to account for.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Civilization IV complete contains civ col, this has its flaws, but its a genuinely smart concept that REQUIRES multiplayer to really shine, Or a mod. Theres a realism mod that greatly tightens up the range of behaviour.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

DailyRoyale has a new deal: Realms of Arkania - Blades of Destiny.

http://www.dailyroyale.com/

Activated Node
    Even though I already own CivIV, I think I'm still picking up the PWYW of this Humble, because of the raving comments Ace Patrol gets on this forum, and because I never played CivIII (the only Civ game I never tried).

Come to think, it would be great if they included Civ2 somehow (although it's not on Steam), just because of the Elvis counselor. The only reason I used the counsel in that game, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by vdwd View Post
    Come to think, it would be great if they included Civ2 somehow (although it's not on Steam), just because of the Elvis counselor. The only reason I used the counsel in that game, by the way.
    Being on Steam is not a requirement for Humble, so who knows..? besides, a quick search shows that the only Sid Meier(tm) Steam game not bundled is Pirates! (and the rest of Civ V DLC)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Correct me if I'm wrong but that Civ 5 offering, even at the $15 level, is still missing an enormous amount of content isn't it? That game has a positively ridiculous DLC count, though I don't claim to know what of it is worthwhile and what isn't.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but that Civ 5 offering, even at the $15 level, is still missing an enormous amount of content isn't it? That game has a positively ridiculous DLC count, though I don't claim to know what of it is worthwhile and what isn't.
    Its missing out on 6 civs and some map/scenrios thats it. There is still alot of stuff in there, I think there would be 34 civs with the 2 expansions

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Is the AI brain dead still?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Civilization IV complete contains civ col, this has its flaws, but its a genuinely smart concept that REQUIRES multiplayer to really shine, Or a mod. Theres a realism mod that greatly tightens up the range of behaviour.
    I dont know if this is what your thinking, but this is a great mod for Colonization:

The Authentic Colonization

Also the steam key for Super Killer Hornet Resurrection is now available in groupees if your bought the retro 2 bundle.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    Its missing out on 6 civs and some map/scenrios thats it. There is still alot of stuff in there, I think there would be 34 civs with the 2 expansions
    This is the list of missing DLC:

Sid Meier's Civilization V: Scrambled Continents Map Pack
    Sid Meier's Civilization V: Scrambled Nations Map Pack
    Sid Meier’s Civilization® V: Babylon (Nebuchadnezzar II)
    Civilization V: Cradle of Civilization - Mediterranean
    Civilization V: Cradle of Civilization - Asia
    Civilization V: Cradle of Civilization - Americas
    Civilization V: Cradle of Civilization - Mesopotamia
    Double Civilization and Scenario Pack: Spain and Inca
    Civilization and Scenario Pack: Polynesia
    Civilization and Scenario Pack: Denmark - The Vikings
    Civilization V: Explorer’s Map Pack
    Civilization V - Wonders of the Ancient World Scenario Pack
    Civilization V - Civilization and Scenario Pack: Korea

I don't think there's anything essential in there, but buying it all, even on sale, still amounts to a few dollars I suppose. Probably worth waiting for a Platinum upgrade or whatever they come up next, since both GOTY and Gold have been retired.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    There was improvements in each expansion. The few games of BNW I saw questionable moves and smart moves. Still fun with the additional elements BNW gives.

Civ 5 Complete Edition was released today for a starting price of $50. This includes the all the smaller DLC which sells separately at the full price of $57.5. Of course in pounds, euros this is all different.

If you want all the map packs and additional Civ, you can get the bundle for $15 now and wait for it to go on sale. Or just wait for the entire Complete addition to go on sale (which may be a few months).

Possible scenarios (in USD):

Buy Bundle, DLC Steam Sale
    DLC 50% ($28.75) + $15 bundle = $43.75
    DLC 75% ($14.38) + $15 bundle = $29.39

Get Complete Edition (likely first Steam sales in a few months)
    Complete Edition at 33% off - $33.5
    Complete Edition at 50% off - $25

Best deal with complete edition. Decent deal if you pay $15 now and DLC later, if not looking to wait.
    Last edited by Moraven; 04-02-2014 at 08:52 PM.