Page 21 of 223 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Christ, another one? didn't they just finish the mobile one?
    And I'd hardly call the Commandos games "indie", specially since back in the day they were published by EIDOS.

Jesus on a bike! These gala guys are ruthless! guess they're gonna try and squeeze the last few cents out of our wallets, before the no bundles curfew that will be the Steam Summer Sales...

The first couple commandos are pretty outdated technically AFAICT, Void is a repeat and I'll have to check the other games, yet the bundle is probably worth it for anyone interested in Cargo.

Gonna go do my updating duties now, in the meanwhile, reminder: last 24h for IndieRoyale.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Christ, another one? didn't they just finish the mobile one?
    And I'd hardly call the Commandos games "indie", specially since back in the day they were published by EIDOS.
    Arguments about the meaninglessness of 'Indie' aside, Commands + Cargo + The Void = decent!!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Arguments about the meaninglessness of 'Indie' aside, Commands + Cargo + The Void = decent!!
    I have the void sat there staring at me, Its a terrifying proposition, but I love cargo.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    It'd be interesting, indeed... if I didn't already have The Void and the entire Commandos Collection. But yes, it is certainly a curious one.

I've got The Void and unsure about Cargo. I doubt I'd ever have the patience to go back to Commandos. Going to check out the WIT for Air Conflicts, but it looks like another pass.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Activated Node
    About a month ago I bought Cargo from Amazon (steam code) for $3, and the current price there is $6.5. With the summer sales, If you only want cargo, I guess it will be cheaper than $6 on Amazon or Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    unsure about Cargo
    Its a truly smart game,there are a few mechanical issues with the physics not always making sense, a few flow issues in that you can screw yourself over and a few sticking points where you objective is clouded by getting lost (screw you under ice submarine section) and a stupid freaking Dance Dance Revolution bit.

But, despite that, its genius.

Don't do that! You're tempting me!

Now, let's be rational. 3 games is a bit on the light side for the base tier, so I'm betting they'll add more next week like they did before, and that should bring the average down. So, it's a wait and see :P :)

Activated Node
    The average of the Indie Gala is not really an average, it will never be less than $6 (or any value they started with).

Weird that you would say that, the average dropped during IGIV when its base tier was expanded.

Activated Node
    I'm not sure about IGIV, but I'm quite sure that since V there was a minimal value for the averages.
    During one of the bundles (may be IV) the average dropped due to the happy hours, and since then they added a notice that the average does not include happy hour gifts. Since then I did not see the average drop below its starting value.

Off the top of my head, IGV was different in that it featured 3 tiers with the two bottom rungs running at a higher than usual minimum price, 1.99$ and 3.99$, while IGIV was a traditional 2-tier BTA with the base bundle running at a 1$ minimum. In that case, the average stayed high because the base bundle only had 2 games in it, but dropped later when the full lineup was revealed.

On second thought though, IGVI is a better bundle than IGIV so things might be going differently this time.

With all that said and out of the way, I'm gonna be fully honest with you: that post is a tongue-in-cheek attempt to manipulate my own psychology (see the emoticons?) so I postpone the purchase. The more time it passes, the more likely I'll be able to restrain myself :)

EDIT: Nevermind, I've been told it'll be added in later.

Oh, and turns out the Ascension Suite (from Indiefort #2) is...drumroll...the DEMISE soundtrack. Yep. That's the big bonus. I was hoping it was some sort of editing suite.
    Last edited by johnki; 26-06-2012 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnki View Post
    EDIT: Nevermind, I've been told it'll be added in later.
    Thanks for the heads up. So: IndieFort 2 adds new game, Mordor: The Depths of Dejenol.

Thanks for the heads up. So: IndieFort 2 adds new game, Mordor: The Depths of Dejenol.
    This is strange for 2 reasons.

1) This was included in the IF1 bonus content.
    2) I bought IF2 before this was added, and it's not showing up in my library as part of IF2.

Gamersgate are not good bundlers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    2) I bought IF2 before this was added, and it's not showing up in my library as part of IF2.
    Yeah, that's what the EDIT in my last post was for. Someone on Tutor on Gamersgate told me it should show up.

Before that, I was a bit irritated. Not only did they extend the bundle (correct me if I'm wrong, it was originally supposed to end 2 days or so ago, right?), before which I decided to buy it impulsively, lest I regret it, that impulsive buy appeared to screw me out of what could have been an awesome game I didn't have.

Like I had said in the tutor message, I got lucky that it was an Indiefort 1 secret unlock, so it wasn't such a crippling blow, but it still made me wary about future bundles, for the reason of, and this is what I said on the Gamersgate Tutor: "If I buy it now, they might just extend it again and add more stuff I won't get, but if I don't buy it now, they might not do that and it might just end."

Anyways, it should show up. If it doesn't, I'll probably not buy the next Indiefort bundle unless it has something I've been dying to get.

BeMine3 news: bonus #5 will be revealed when sales reach 40,000$. They're keen to point out it's a game with a score of 82 on Metacritic, guess I might not be the only one to be slightly bummed by bonus #4 then? O:)

And, there's now a bonus #6 which will be revealed on 7/2 and only available to those who have made a purchase before 6/29 11:59 PST.

And, there's now a bonus #6 which will be revealed on 7/2 and only available to those who have made a purchase before 6/29 11:59 PST.
    Nope, I'm not buying a bundle to get a game without being told what it is, that's bullshit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Nope, I'm not buying a bundle to get a game without being told what it is, that's bullshit.
    Seems counter-intuitive as anyone that might do will still only put down the minimum. And I'll bet people who would have payed more for it if it's something they wanted won't go back and up their money.