Page 23 of 282 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast
    Playing the game TRAUMA is indeed traumatic. Looks fine to me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    The success of this last IndieRoyale is a little beyond me, it literally flew away off the blocks and never looked back. Maybe they didn't expect it either?
    I'm assuming there were a tonne of people wanting those mentalist Anime shooter but thought they were a bit pricey - it's the only possible explanation because the last IR had a far better range/overall quality of games IMO

And Syberia indeed it was! Added to BeMine3.

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    I'm assuming there were a tonne of people wanting those mentalist Anime shooter but thought they were a bit pricey - it's the only possible explanation because the last IR had a far better range/overall quality of games IMO
    And you're not surprised by that?
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Any shmup fans in here?

I'm kinda interested in the Gundemonium collection (Indie Royale). Usually, I'm not too much into shmups but I've played quite a lot of Jamestown and I absolutely adore it.

Would I also enjoy Gundemonium?

I loved Jamestown, too but my understanding is these shooters are far more traditional (read: difficult), so while Jamestown can get challenging as well, it leads you in with a very gradual difficulty curve.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    I have yet to boot the Gundemonium games myself, but a friend of mine bought them a long while ago, and from his impressions, what I know of the game is: it's a typical japanese bullet hell. As in, prepare your ass, keep the vaseline in hand, they're called Bullet Hells for a reason.

I'm not so much concerned about the difficulty as I am about the overall quality of the series. Unfortunately, detailed reviews are scarce ...

You might want to check out this one if you haven't already, looked detailed enough to me:

http://www.diygamer.com/2011/09/gundemonium-review/

There are several others for the PS3 version, but if anime graphics and potential difficulty don't turn you off, why not give it a try?

Yeah, I stumbled upon the DIYGamer review, but I haven't had the time to read the whole thing. Turns out, it was exactly what I needed ... I guess I'll give it a shot, then.

Thanks to you and Rauten!

You're welcome. And if you need to rid yourself of that Journey down key feel free to throw it this way :D No, really, play it unless you totally hate adventure games.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    Any shmup fans in here?

I'm kinda interested in the Gundemonium collection (Indie Royale). Usually, I'm not too much into shmups but I've played quite a lot of Jamestown and I absolutely adore it.

Would I also enjoy Gundemonium?
    I haven't played Gundemonium games, but based on video I would probably like them better than Jamestown. Jamestown has nice production values but I don't think it's a very good game. I have very rarely met a decent shooter that wasn't an (actual) arcade game or port of one. MAME for the older games, console ports for the newer games (X360 has a particularly good selection of recent arcade shooter ports) are the way to go. Tumiki Fighters is a happy exception, a good PC/Mac native shooter. It's a free indie game BTW.

Guess what, Gamefly have their own bundle too and it contains Amnesia, Sanctum, Limbo, All Zombies Must Die and Frozen Synapse; all for 10.
    So yeah, pretty much all of them have been in previous bundles but it's still an excellent deal for all those 2-3 people out there who don't own any of these games yet.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Definitely. Thanks for the update!

Network Hub
    Recession Bundle by a crew call Indie Game Bundles.

6 free games - Mighty Jill Off, Vidiot Game, The Cat and The Coup, Dubloon and Neverball.

2 extra games if you donate a $1 or more. 8-bit Night and Star Twine. Apparently part of the donation will go to SOS – Children’s Village Croatia.
    Last edited by baby snot; 06-07-2012 at 05:52 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    Even if it's not a very exciting bonus, I do think Syberia 1 is a nice, solid, adventure game. So it's worth getting the bundle for that game alone if you've never played it.

I hate syberia with all my heart. I found few worse adventure games. Most puzzles end up beign "use only item on inventory on the only object you can interact in all the screens". The motivations are silly, the puzzles often doesn't make sense "I need an egg so I can put it in a machine that has an egg like container because of reasons". The fact that there are a dozen screens without anything to do between point A and Point B. The irritating people calling you on a cellphone for inane chatting. And don't get me started with the final puzzle.

[spoiler]were you have to recover the stolen robot hands. They're screwed to a piano. Conveniently you have a screw driver in your inventory. You make the logic conclusion of unscrewing the hands. The answer the character gives you is something like "I can't steal something" THEY WERE STOLEN FROM YOU MANGLING IDIOT![/spoiler]

I think it's the only game I truly hate.

uf, catharsis is good.

The daily bundles for the Summer sale have been uploaded on the Steam registry.

Day 1: The Baconing (BM2), EDGE (HIB), Anomaly Warzone Earth (HIBfA1), Cave Story+ (HIBIV), Lone Survivor (HIBV).
    Day 2: Universe Sandbox, E.Y.E, Oil Rush, Botanicula (HIBBot), Splice
    Day 3: Braid (HIBs), Bit Trip Beat, Runespell Overture (IR3), Bunch of Heroes (IGII), Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
    Day 4: Atom Zombie Smasher (HIBIII), Sanctum (IR1), Blocks that Matter (HIBVox), Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP (HIBV), A Valley Without Wind
    Day 5: Audio Surf, Greed Corp (IGII), Gemini Rue (IR1), Tiny Bang Story, Ys: The Oath in Felghana
    Day 6: Defcon (HIBIntrov), Awesome, Space Chem (HIBFS), Trauma (HIBFS, IGVI), Ticket to Ride
    Day 7: Zombie Driver, Dungeons of Dredmor (HIBIntrov), Vessel, Avadon (HIBfA1), QUBE
    Day 8 Bundle: Wings of Prey, Hoard (IRVal), Swords and Soldiers HD (HIBfA2), Demolition Inc, Sol Exodus
    Day 9: Zeno Clash (IRVal), VVVVVV (HIBIII), Revenge of the Titans (HIBII), Jamestown (HIBIV), Capsized
    Day 10: Machinarium (HIBs), Eufloria(IR3), Beat Hazard (BM2 & IGV), Bit trip Runner (HIBIV), All Zombies Must Die
    Day 11: World of Goo (HIBs), Star Ruler, Hydrophobia, Orion: Dino Beatdown, Waveform

The games marked in bold have not been in an indie bundle to the best of my memory. For the others, I've listed the bundle(s) they were in.

PS: I may have forgot to say that HIB now has an account feature much like that of IndieRoyale.
    Last edited by alms; 06-07-2012 at 09:33 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Those are some excellent pickings, but there aren't any that I'd buy. Hoping for individual sales here.

I buy many more PWYW or tiered bundles than set bundles. You?

Quote Originally Posted by icupnimpn2 View Post
    Hoping for individual sales here.
    Same, these bundles can be interesting for anyone who missed their chances to stock up on bundles during the year.

Network Hub
    If Hydrophobia is Hydrophobia Prophecy, I strongly recommend it. Apparently, the initial XBox 360 game (Hydrophobia) wasn't that great but the developers reworked it based on feedback, and I enjoyed almost all of the PC version (Hydrophobia Prophecy).