Page 258 of 310 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268308 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,160 of 6191
    4th of July doesn't stop the flow of new releases on Steam but there's nothing to report today for the bundle people.

The Greenlight Bundle has been sending out Aeon Command keys, so check your mail.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dare_Wreck View Post
    I generally agree with what's been said about CCleaner so far. It has a ton of options, and while I wouldn't recommend it to the average computer user, it's terrific if you know what you're doing.
    Whilst it's not the only issue - the real core of the problem is that it claims to be a 'Registry Cleaner' - but there are 2 unavoidable facts about 'cleaning your registry' which make that rather ironic

1 - removing stuff from the registry will not make your PC faster - Mark Russinovich knows more about how Windows works than 99.9% of people and he's said this more than twice
    2 - ALWAYS BACKUP before touching the registry is a golden rule for a reason - it's really, really easy to make a PC unbootable - and even un-safemode-able - by hacking around in there

There are other ways to break your PC using CCleaner - or anything else like it - but CCleaner has a bit of a rep. for doing this even if it's just from it's general popularity

Summary: as I said before, if you're smart enough, clean-up manually - if not, chances are CCLeaner (or anything else like it) will get you into trouble sooner or later.

p.s. that said, Windows Update breaks more PCs than anything else and you can't avoid that so maybe just backup a LOT more anyway ;0

Bunched up weekend updates:

IndieGameStand has launched their new deal: Rats - Time is Running Out!

The Flying Bundle has unlocked the mystery game for the High 5 bundle: Gearcrack Arena.

IndieRoyale Mixer6 has unlocked the bonus game: Pyrolysis.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Lesser Hivemind Node DevinSmoth's Avatar
    The Monday Bundle on indiegala is out now... and honestly, it was an instant grab for me. Blade Symphony may appeal to some people... and Bardbarian was one that I've been looking at for a while. But the big one for me was Toki Tori 2+, so yeah... grabbed that one!

It would appear Bundle in a Box will soon be no more:

http://blog.bundle-in-a-box.com/?p=1131

Quote Originally Posted by Jurple View Post
    It appears bundlecentral.com has gone offline. I hope everyone who bought their first bundle has validated their keys...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergo Me Smart View Post
    It would appear Bundle in a Box will soon be no more:

http://blog.bundle-in-a-box.com/?p=1131
    First casualties of the popping of the Bundle Bubble, or just natural selection doing its job?

That's sad, I liked what the Kyttaro guys were trying to do; OTOH there's no question they'd been struggling for some time now.

I'm afraid it's just super hard to juggle two competitive things like bundles and development, and be successful at both: developing games is hard enough without having to keep up with the competition from other bundles.

Humble set the pace for everyone else since day one when they spun off the bundle business and gradually upped release frequency.

There's been other bundles that just went quiet, IndieMeadow and Greenlight Bundle just to mention a couple names. GLB is still sending keys around for the time being (I'm not sure about IM), while BiaB, from the looks of it, will be shutting down everything.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DevinSmoth View Post
    The Monday Bundle on indiegala is out now... and honestly, it was an instant grab for me. Blade Symphony may appeal to some people... and Bardbarian was one that I've been looking at for a while. But the big one for me was Toki Tori 2+, so yeah... grabbed that one!
    I've been on the lookout for blade symphony, but honestly, I'd pay extra get it without all the rest, considering the state of my backlog by this point...

Memories of a Vagabond (IM Holiday, IR Debut13) and Three Dead Zed (G CapsComp, IGS) are now available on Steam.

As for keys: The Howler (Groupees, IR Debut13), Asteria (Groupees), Rush for Glory (IG GL1), 8-Bit Commando (IG June).

Quote Originally Posted by postinternetsyndrome View Post
    I've been on the lookout for blade symphony, but honestly, I'd pay extra get it without all the rest, considering the state of my backlog by this point...
    Give away what you don't want, we have threads both for good games and well, not so good? ones.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    New Humble Bundle up, finally, with 2K titles. PWYW for Bioshock, The Bureau, and the Darkness 2. BTA for Bioshock 2, Spec Ops, and Mafia 2, pay over $20(!) for XCOM: Enemy Unknown (no expansion?) and Binfinite.

Personally, I'll cough up $1 for the Bureau (thanks, Helio), but don't care much about the rest. That BT20 tier looks like a straight up bad deal, honestly, considering past sales on those titles.
    Last edited by vinraith; 08-07-2014 at 08:22 PM.

Imagine the mystery game is going to be Civ 5.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Whoa, that's one meaty bundle.

A dollar for the Bureau sounds about right. And five of 'em for Spec Ops is a bargain, assuming you want a worthwhile experiment in game narrative told through an atmospheric but bog standard shooter (with bonus Mogwai and Bruce Boxleitner thrown in for free).

As for tier 3, Enemy Within is the definitive XCOM now, but $20 is still 1/3 less than the base game on Steam currently, and I guess it's worth it if you really want Binfinite too. But then, why would that be? You should only play Binfinite once someone offers you $20.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Spec Ops has been cheaper - EVERYTHING, in fact, has been cheaper - because it's Humble and they are way out of touch with this stuff...

I think BInfinite has been below $10 and I know XCOM has - the other Shocks have been all but given away - Darkness II is on sale more than it's not

$1 for The Bureau and Darkness II - would be rude not to but otherwise...

p.s it's GAMES coming soon - not GAME

p.p.s. 27,000 people didn't already have most of those - amazing isn't it (or are they all resellers?) :)

Activated Node
    Wouldn't be surprised if one of the extra games would be the first Borderlands.

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Spec Ops has been cheaper - EVERYTHING, in fact, has been cheaper - because it's Humble and they are way out of touch with this stuff...
    Except it's not $5 for Spec Ops, it's $5 for Spec Ops and all the other games in that tier or lower. This is aimed at people who want that.

And if we're at the point where $5 for a bunch of polished games is "out of touch," then maybe we're at the point where the cheap-as-chips pricing model isn't actually good for anyone anymore.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Personally, I'll cough up $1 for the Bureau (thanks, Helio), but don't care much about the rest. That BT20 tier looks like a straight up bad deal, honestly, considering past sales on those titles.
    I'll hold off to see what are the "MOAR GAMS" are myself, but you'll enjoy the Burro once you conquer the first hard fight (against a shield commander near a parade float), that first fight you are rubbishly equipped and your friends are rubbish too, after that it's got a nice curved difficulty with occasional plot affirming easy bits where you just rip a few sectoids apart like they aint no thing.

I keep making you buy games, sorry.
    PS Dr Weir is the bestest character* and the engineer class teammates look like ghostbusters.

Quote Originally Posted by vdwd View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if one of the extra games would be the first Borderlands.
    If its the GOATIE edition they have a deal, likely Border 2 will go in the $20 tier and I'll skip that.

*This guy, all his dialogue is wonderful.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 08-07-2014 at 08:57 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

I'd call trjp out of touch. You may like the particular games or not, but 20$ for 7+ AAA games is called a bargain on my home planet.

Activated Node
    If you bought all the BTA games at their historical low prices, it would come to 15.52. That's 460% more than the current price. Pretty sure that's a bargain, especially since the extra two games (which will be added to the BTA tier, not the $20 one) will probable be something like Borderlands 2 (sans DLC, natch).