Page 26 of 302 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast
    BTW if I'm not mistaken, there's only 24/48 hours left for GameDevBundle, last chance to throw some monies at these guys, who probably didn't have the easiest time with this bundle, summer sale and everything.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    BTW if I'm not mistaken, there's only 24/48 hours left for GameDevBundle, last chance to throw some monies at these guys, who probably didn't have the easiest time with this bundle, summer sale and everything.
    I genuinely commend them for trying though and hope it doesn't discourage another bundle like it.

Indie Royale - The July Jubilee Bundle just started and features:

Geneforge Saga
    Unepic
    Swift*Stitch
    Puzzle Agent
    Oniken
    Mutant Storm Reloaded
    (and "Rose and Time" as a bonus)

Well, it was an instabuy for me, cause i wanted Geneforge and Unepic for a really long time an i was hoping this steam sale for the Geneforge games to be 75% discounted. Unepic seems great too, hopefully i will sink lots of hours in these games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Oh my, UnEpic?! This is so bought once I get home. OH YES MORE GAMES JUST WHAT I NEEDED AFTER THE STEAM SALES SHIOFHQITYQ309TY93IOQOIHJGILJSASL

Remember, it's only over if you hate yourself!
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

It's worth just for Geneforge, but I'm not sure I'm gonna chip in this time. Geneforge Saga is probably hundreds of hours of gameplay...

edit: done updating the first post with all the usual linkage.
    Last edited by alms; 24-07-2012 at 05:07 PM.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Activated Node
    Agreed. Get it for Geneforge if you don't have them already. Good stuff Maynard.

Looks like they might go over 5 €, I don't think they managed that feat last time.

PS: updated IG Mobile entry; GameDevBundle has added a timer, just a bit more than 6 hours are left.
    Last edited by alms; 25-07-2012 at 01:25 AM.

just a bit more than 6 hours are left.
    Errr... I mean 6 days.

Within six months.

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    The Geneforge games are an awesome value. I got them a while back and played through them all, start to finish, and they are some of the best RPGs I've ever played (especially the 4th and the 5th).

I'm actually a bit confused as to why Spiderweb would want to put them in a bundle. I've always seen them as the crown jewel of Spiderweb software, so sticking the whole collection into a bundle for 5 dollars just seems like they are cheapening their best franchise somewhat. I hope they know what they are doing.

Maybe there's a new Geneforge in the pipeline, or a reboot?

One of the things that keeps /me/ from getting Geneforge (or Avernum) is that the first episodes in the series are now pretty old, and I'm not sure they aged well. While the Geneforges are a very different and peculiar beast, if I had to start playing a Spiderweb game, my choice would be either the Avernum re-reboot or, better yet, wait for the Avadon sequel which should be a more approachable game by my standards.

Maybe there's a new Geneforge in the pipeline, or a reboot?
    If so, I probably wouldn't expect one for a while. Between the Avernum trilogy rewrites and the Avadon trilogy, Vogel's got plenty on his plate for the next 3-4 years.

The only other explanation I can think of, is to put a spotlight on the series and revive sales. Besides the direct revenue, inclusion in a bundle increases word of mouth, thus desirability and ultimately sales outside the bundling window.

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Geneforge always under-performed Avernum, if I remember. Whatever value is left in Geneforge, Jeff could wait 5 years for those purchases to be made. Or he can bundle them and put them on sale and maybe squeeze the remaining value out sooner, with the price drop counterbalanced by a volume increase. Honestly I probably will not play the 500 hours of Geneforge in this pack, and having bought the bundle does not make me less likely to buy a new Vogel game in the future.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    My theory on the whole "Spiderweb Games are suddenly cheap everywhere" thing is that he's realised HOW MUCH MONEY he can make by selling cheap games to lots of people (instead of expensive games to a handful of sycophants and shut-ins).

I'd reckon he's made more since he released his 'cheap' games on Steam than he made before that in-total - whether that's a good thing or not depends on him but my guess is his eyes have been opened to the "pile it high and sell it cheap" mantra.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    My theory on the whole "Spiderweb Games are suddenly cheap everywhere" thing is that he's realised HOW MUCH MONEY he can make by selling cheap games to lots of people (instead of expensive games to a handful of sycophants and shut-ins).

I'd reckon he's made more since he released his 'cheap' games on Steam than he made before that in-total - whether that's a good thing or not depends on him but my guess is his eyes have been opened to the "pile it high and sell it cheap" mantra.
    But... What about their value?

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    The Geneforge IP has been irreparably damaged, and will never again be as valuable as Mass Effect.

Tru dat.

In the meanwhile, Humble Bundle launched their first music bundle, featuring: They Might Be Giants, Jonathan Coulton, MC Frontalot, Christopher Tin, Hitoshi Sakimoto, and OK Go.

http://www.humblebundle.com

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Value is subjective and so I can't possibly comment on it really :)

Would you rather own a fantastic IP which 23 people cared about or a mediocre one which 100s of 1000s of people were baying to throw money at tho? :)