Page 268 of 310 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,360 of 6196
    Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Mini Ninjas is interesting. It had PC and console releases, Then it was sorta retro fit into a pay as you go model for some website. You could pay to open the next level or for a boss fight. RPS wrote it up. Glad to see the actual entire game discounted, as it is about time.

Groupees has launched the British IBM bundle:

Lunar Panda Deluxe, Chip, Canyon Capers, Cobi Treasure Deluxe, Numba Deluxe, Kairo, iBomber Defense Pacific

First bonus: //N.P.P.D. RUSH//- The Milk of the Ultraviolet. $1.5 minimum.

http://groupees.com/britishibm

The Bandits have put together a collection bundle of 15 games for $2:

The Adventures of King Croc, Hazardous Attack, Astrorush, Theseus: First Flight, Sector Seven, Clone Wolf: Protector, Not So Fast, Viking Invaders, Hollow Dissent, Below the Known, Ragin' Pirates, Mudslide Cowboy, Jelly Monster, ONE DAY for Ched, Skies

http://www.bundlebandits.com/bundle?bid=68

Quote Originally Posted by icupnimpn2 View Post
    RPS wrote it up. Glad to see the actual entire game discounted, as it is about time.
    Yup, WIT is linked to in post #1 as usual.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

IndieGala has unlocked the last bonus game for their July Madness bundle: The Chaos Engine.

http://www.indiegala.com

New on Steam: Galactic Arms Race (BMA, IG Monday16; but the game had always been giving out Steam keys).
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Groupees British IBM has unlocked its first bonus, next up is Radical Roach + OST.

The (sometimes) Tuesday 4 is entering its final stretch and doing dollar days (so if you got the full bundle before, you can now get an extra full bundle for just $1)

http://groupees.com

Network Hub
    IndieRoyale time! 'The shoe bundle'!

Stealth Bastard Deluxe
    Mr Bree+
    Akane the Konuichi
    Jack Lumber
    Savant: Ascent
    FLY'N
    Oozi: Earth Adventure
    Doomed'n'Damned
    TBA

Currently for €2.85 and rising.

Bit of a mixed bag, I guess. But €3 for the magnificent Stealth Bastard Deluxe, some diamonds in the raw, and some dross is still a deal, right?

Amazing, I had the post ready and forgot to actually post it. Oh well.

The new Humble Weekly is featuring Plug In Digital (yes, them):

PWYW: Ethan: Meteor Hunter, Finding Teddy, Mechanic Escape
    BT6: Legends of Persia, Kill the Bad Guy, Freaking Meatbags, Project Temporality
    BT10: WRC 4 FIA World Rally Championship

http://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

GMG has a Digital Tribe Bundle:

Dementium 2 HD, Legendary, Kung Fu Strike + The Warriors Rise Master Level DLC, Velvet Assassin, The-Terrian-Saga-KR-17 and a 75% Off Voucher for Stronghold 3

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ca/e...-tribe-bundle/

BundleStars has launched the new BreakNeck Bundle:

Vector, Rush for Glory, Montas, Steel & Steam Ep 1, Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory, Ionball 2: Ionstorm, Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink, Growing Pains

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundl...akneck-bundle/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    I'm sure WRC4 is (or will be) available solo for less, but this seems like as good a time as any to ask about it. Anyone played it? How is it?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Ooh, I kinda want Finding Teddy.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I can testify that Ethan: Meteor Hunter is a mediocre game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    I'm sure WRC4 is (or will be) available solo for less, but this seems like as good a time as any to ask about it. Anyone played it? How is it?
    It's not a bad rally game, but the main problem with it is replayability. There aren't many stages, and they're on the short side too. Mostly one per country, and then they cut it up and reverse it to make it look like there are more. You'll start to get bored halfway through career mode. But the cars are fun to drive, and play well with gamepads (although force feedback is very iffy on wheels).
    Last edited by Faldrath; 24-07-2014 at 09:45 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    It's not a bad rally game, but the main problem with it is replayability. There aren't many stages, and they're on the short side too. Mostly one per country, and then they cut it up and reverse it to make it look like there are more. You'll start to get bored halfway through career mode. But the cars are fun to drive, and play well with gamepads (although force feedback is very iffy on wheels).
    Thanks. Is there a better rally game/series out there that I'd be better off looking at? I've got Dirt 1 and 2 but, from what I've played at least, those aren't "proper" rally games so much as dirt track racers.

New on Steam: Frayed Knights (BiaB Indie RPG, G Indie T2), Battle Mages: Sign of Darkness (IG8), Super Trench Attack (IGS [keys available], Flying8), Micron (IR Lunar)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    WRC has always been a shaky series - the cars tend to float around, pivotting as-if they were on trackballs and not 4 wheels - surface changes are 'if it feels like it' - it's all a bit of a cobbled-together mess of a thing.

This actually applies to most of Milestone's output - tho "Superstar V8 Next Challenge" is actually OK it suffers from Milestone's other bad habit which is leaving crash-bugs in their games and walking away...

If you want a trad. "kagoule" rally game, you have to choose between Dirt and Dirt 2 - except you can't buy them anymore.

Dirt is the last of the Colin McRae line and has all the 'kagoule' factor you'd ever want - but it's also known to be a bit of a bugger to get working on some newer systems and was removed from Steam for this reason I believe

Dirt 2 was the start of the 'YO BRAH' Ken Block era - there's still rallying in there but there's a lot of rallycross/stadium/X-Games stuff getting in the way of that AND it's dependant on GFWL and so it's also gone from Steam anyway (it's also fucking brilliant I should add)

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Ooh, I kinda want Finding Teddy.
    Cute, sweet, and short.

Mechanic Escape also looked like a potentially good platformer to me, unfortunately it looks like the devs learned about this new game called Super Meat Boy towards the end of development, and enthusiastically got rid of all checkpoints.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Thanks. Is there a better rally game/series out there that I'd be better off looking at? I've got Dirt 1 and 2 but, from what I've played at least, those aren't "proper" rally games so much as dirt track racers.
    People who play serious rally sims still play Richard Burns Rally. It keeps on getting new mods, so it's as "up-to-date" as a rally sim gets these days. Problem is you can't buy it anywhere, of course. I've never played it, I only know its reputation.

There's a new project called gRally but all we have so far is a pretty webpage and a lot of promises (Tim Stone mentioned it briefly in a Flare Path not long ago).

Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    People who play serious rally sims still play Richard Burns Rally.
    It's more like hardcore simmers claim RBR is the ONLY rally sim, the others are just games. It's a bit of a chore to bring it up to a usable state, but there are user-made packages that make things a little easier - I tried it a few times but I really couldn't be bothered with all the modding.

PlayWay Groupee:

$0.99+: Mouse Boy, Santa Claus, Magic Solitaire, Aqua Fish, Trucker, Elf - Crazy Adventures
    $1.99+: Pinocchio, Sweet Home - Pets, Sudoku, Western Shooter, Dino, Dino Speedboat
    $2.99+: Crazy Planes, Little Ghost, ATV GP, Police: Destruction Street, Reindeer Adventure, Kroc & Roll

First bonus: My Doll 3D.

http://groupees.com/playway

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    PlayWay Groupee:

$0.99+: Mouse Boy, Santa Claus, Magic Solitaire, Aqua Fish, Trucker, Elf - Crazy Adventures
    $1.99+: Pinocchio, Sweet Home - Pets, Sudoku, Western Shooter, Dino, Dino Speedboat
    $2.99+: Crazy Planes, Little Ghost, ATV GP, Police: Destruction Street, Reindeer Adventure, Kroc & Roll

First bonus: My Doll 3D.

http://groupees.com/playway
    Looks like the challenge in Reindeer Adventure is to not get distracted by the in-your-face foreground elements. Never before have I so felt that the the ground of a 2d platformer was going to fly out of my screen and become lodged in my face as I felt when watching the trailer for that game on Groupees.

Lesser Hivemind Node frightlever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by icupnimpn2 View Post
    Looks like the challenge in Reindeer Adventure is to not get distracted by the in-your-face foreground elements. Never before have I so felt that the the ground of a 2d platformer was going to fly out of my screen and become lodged in my face as I felt when watching the trailer for that game on Groupees.
    Occulus Rift support in 3... 2...