Page 33 of 291 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast
    I've only played the tutorial, but I'm really liking Chester. Due to the art style, the parallax scrolling really gives a sort of 3D effect to it.

Also, some of the characters seem to have a lot of charm.

http://www.groupees.com/bab3

Build a Bundle 3 launched.

I grabbed War In a Box, Omegalodon and 99 Levels to Hell because they looked pretty awesome.

I also grabbed Secret of the Magic Crystals to leave out somewhere as a gag.

EDIT:

I want this. http://groupees.com/ww
    Last edited by johnki; 12-09-2012 at 09:34 PM.

So... I'm going with Omegalodon, Chrome, APOX and Kaptain Brawe. Doesn't seem a bad bundle...

Posted this on another forum:

Okay, 99LoH seems like it's a roguelike platformer of sorts. I didn't see any save function, and it's 99 level of hell and all, so I'm assuming.

It's a pretty fun one. Has a Legend of Zelda (NES) esque shop and all, constantly picking up new weapons, low amount of health at the beginning. Physics are a bit floaty, but overall, especially considering it's in alpha, it ran really well, has a lot of nice particles and lighting, the mood is pretty good, and I definitely recommend it.

Played a bit of War In a Box. From the first level, it seems ridiculously easy. It's pretty much like any tower defense game...only made of "paper". It's pretty simplified though, seeming to always have only a limited number of tower slots available, and at the beginning you only have one gun, and upgrades cost the same low cost as the tower did to place, so it all adds up to "well, duh, of course that's the solution".

Maybe it'll get more difficult later though.
    I also love the idea behind Omegalodon, but I can't find a server with enough players to really give it a shot.

No saving? I guess it's not for me then. I'm thinking just CreaVures and Brawe but I'm really non-plussed about this one. Guess I'm gonna wait for the mystery game this time too.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    No saving? I guess it's not for me then. I'm thinking just CreaVures and Brawe but I'm really non-plussed about this one. Guess I'm gonna wait for the mystery game this time too.
    99 Levels of Hell?

Well, after writing that, I did some more digging. It's most definitely a roguelike. Without saving, though. Might change in the future, but I couldn't find a save function.

EDIT2: Don't forget BiaB2 Friday, Humble Bundle 6 "soon", Indie Royale rumored for tomorrow, and the Winter Wolves bundle is rumored for tomorrow.
    Last edited by johnki; 13-09-2012 at 12:51 AM.

Yes. Not having a save function does seem like a pretty fundamental design decision, rather than just that little extra layer of polish that is just saved up for later. That's an easy pass for me, so thanks for bringing it up.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Bundle in a Box 2 is live!

Space Giraffe, Death Ray Manta, The Wreckless, Dark Scavenger, Armalyte.
    BTA: Sol: Exodus, Miner Wars: Arena, RobotRiot + Armalyte Extras
    and a bunch of unlockables

http://bundle-in-a-box.com

I can finally get some sleep now! :D
    My actions are in no way born out of some sort of Darwinist offensive
    I just get a bit fidgety times

Sleep tight!

Top posts updated.

Looks like the Groupees guys have already unveiled the 'mystery game'. It's Avencast: Rise of the Mage, an IFK repeat.

Activated Node
    Indie Royale's Back to School bundle has launched:

Swords & Soldiers +DLC
    Lunar Flight
    Bunny Must Die!
    Sequence
    Flying Red Barrel
    Qlione
    Cute Things Dying Violently +OST

The $8+ bonus album is BIAS by minusbaby.

Good catch. Too bad I already have half of it.

edit: and updated.
    Last edited by alms; 15-09-2012 at 04:38 PM.

Lunar Flight looks lovely and I got it in a recent Steam sale, but I haven't played it yet - I want to print out the manual (yes, that kind of game). I think I remember RPS liking Sequence. The rest of those don't mean much to me.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

IMO it's worth it just for Lunar Flight and Sequence. On sale they can be had for about the same price of the bundle.

The core of Sequence is fighting enemies through a rhythm game where you juggle three playing fields, it's wrapped in a layer of RPG (with XPs, level, attack/defense, an inventory and objects to be crafted, and has a linear story you walk your character through. All in all I liked it.

LF a sim-mish game with career mode, upgrades, that takes some using to the controls. IMO the manual is not necessary (worth a read, anyway), but watch the tutorial videos. It's interesting and unusual, and I definitely want to play more of it (when, that's another question)

For both I'd recommend using a pad, even though the keyboard is serviceable.

I've got S&S from HIB (and never played it), and the only game I'm curious about is CTDV.

Obscure Node
    Is a need to respond to the number of topics to post a topic?

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    I got Swords and Soldiers for Wiibox 360 a few years ago to play with my girlfriend. It's okay, probably more fun than one might think, but it didn't hold our attention long. It's the sort of thing that was acceptable on Wii just because of how few worthwhile games there were.

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    I want Secret of the Magic Crystals. Seriously. I'd play the fuck out of that shit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Sequence is probably the best written video game I've ever played - seriously - it balances wit and humour with just enough self-deprecation to not come over as being nerdy or childish.

Another thing I loved about it is that the developers recognised that the XBLIG demo had a fixed-timer and so when you played it, they hustled you into the game quickly - all the time reminding you that you could rerun the demo to see a bit more of what was on offer. That level of thought in a game costing $5 (at the time - cheaper here) - fantastic doesn't cover it.

The trailers give an idea of the humour and should give you an idea of whether you'll like it - there's a TONNE of reviews too because - frankly - it's bloody brilliant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P18T...re=context-cha
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfHWBwoJ9W8&feature=plcp

That guy who sounds like every nerd in every shop/pub/office ever - with a touch of Radio TopShop - even liked it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBkvxRBtQEw&feature=plcp

Also - it has Ronald Jenkees - I mean what else do you fucking want!?!? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg8LfoyDFUM

RONALD JENKEES!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smE-u...feature=relmfu

It's fantastic OK? - pinky swear ;)
    Last edited by trjp; 17-09-2012 at 02:02 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    New Humble Bundle: Vessel, Torchlight, Rochard, S.P.A.Z., and Shatter, plus Dustforce if you beat the avergage. All Windows, Mac and Linux. A single Steam key for the first 5 (duplicated games are not giftable) and a separate one for Dustforce.
    Last edited by ColOfNature; 18-09-2012 at 06:34 PM.