Page 35 of 295 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast
    Humble bundle 6: bonus game

http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/apps/16523
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Well, I couldn't care less about Bit.Trip.Runner and jamestown, but I might enjoy Wizorb and am interested on Gratuitious space battles, so its not all that bad.

Meh, I never really liked break out games and I have all the others from HIB4. BTR is hard as nails but I enjoyed playing Odissey a million times before finally giving up, and Jamestown literally reignited my interest in shoot'em up games, I used to read all the praise sung to it and think "yawn, just another shoot'em up" then, lucky me, I decided to give it a try anyway.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Lesser Hivemind Node DevinSmoth's Avatar
    Torchlight like diablo 2 is an aged relic that causes RSI and forces pathetically limited choices on you. So do you want summons or to be underpowered?

That's a really harsh look at Torchlight. I really enjoyed Torchlight 1 and played through the entire game three or four times... not once did I play a summoner. And underpowered is rather relative since it's a single player only game... what are you underpowered in reference to? Because it's not the summoner mage that's playing with you...

I would recommend that people always by the Humble Bundle all the time... but that's just me. ;P I even bought it just for Dustforce, since I had all the others. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by DevinSmoth View Post
    I would recommend that people always by the Humble Bundle all the time... but that's just me. ;P I even bought it just for Dustforce, since I had all the others. ;P [/COLOR]
    Yeah, I don't get people that say "oh, I have two or three of these games already." Guess what. It's still a discount from what you'd be buying the other two or three at!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnki View Post
    Yeah, I don't get people that say "oh, I have two or three of these games already." Guess what. It's still a discount from what you'd be buying the other two or three at!
    But maybe, even at a discount, you just don't want the games?

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    But maybe, even at a discount, you just don't want the games?
    Ah, yeah, those exist.

I should have elaborated. I was talking about the people that'd rather just pick them up one at a time at a much higher price during a Steam sale than just pay the dollar to get Steam keys.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    I got all games so IT'S TRADING TIME. Checking steam wishlist and my inventory I can probably scale it to War of Roses o Natural Selection 2, tops.

Man, I expected these to be added separately, si I would only activate the games wich interest me. Now it turns out it's a single key so I have to redeem all of them, and it irks me to have games I won't play on my account. Especially when I was ocunting on just gifting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    Man, I expected these to be added separately, si I would only activate the games wich interest me. Now it turns out it's a single key so I have to redeem all of them, and it irks me to have games I won't play on my account. Especially when I was ocunting on just gifting them.
    Just create a category for games you don't want to play, and then keep that category collapsed so you never see them.

Yeah, I do that, but it haunts me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Well, I couldn't care less about Bit.Trip.Runner and jamestown, but I might enjoy Wizorb and am interested on Gratuitious space battles, so its not all that bad.
    I have to offer a warning about Wizorb - it's a lovely thing with 2 nasty surprises up it's sleeve.

There's one world - in Level 4 IIRC - which is about 100 times harder than anything else in the game - you will be stuck there for eons

The final boss is a cheap lazy fight you'll swear at a massive amount.

Otherwise it's charming-as-hell

Activated Node
    Yes, but technically, the Steam keys are for your own private use. While the Humble Bundle folks know keys get passed around and generally look the other way, the Steam keys really aren't intended for you to give to others, which would effectively double the owners/licensees of the game (counting your DRM-free copy and and your friend's gifted Steam copy). That's why they don't split up the keys into individual keys per game.

Interestingly, though, I just scanned over their terms of service page, and they don't explicitly mention Steam keys at all.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    I couldn't get to play Wizorb much. I like my arkanoids short, and 10 levels per checkpoint was way too much.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The whole issue of "trading" spare keys from bundles is a thorny one - in my opinion, if they give separate keys for games they should expect it to happen - if they don't want it to happen they should just activate all the games with 1 key.

Steamgifts has (or had) an explicit policy against trading bundle keys and yet I reckon 80% of what's on there are bundle keys - the site would probably be a wasteland without them :)

I personally have a policy of not letting my keys go until the bundle ends - that way I'm not discouraging bundle sales - but that's just my 10p.

Quote Originally Posted by Dare_Wreck View Post
    the Steam keys really aren't intended for you to give to others, which would effectively double the owners/licensees of the game (counting your DRM-free copy and and your friend's gifted Steam copy).
    The doubling argument sounds a lot like the sales lost to piracy argument to me, in that my guess is the majority only uses the keys and never ever downloads the DRM-Free version, much less use it. (and that said, I've given away an installer once or twice, but only when I was sure that was going to increase the chance of a sale, rather than decrease it)

It never really bothered me that HIB doesn't do individual keys, but I have mixed feelings about this new policy of giving away a new game together with a bunch of repeats.

For one, because I used to just give away the extra bundle key and be done with it, while now there's a chance I might be interested in the new game and keep it. And also, because people who make a BTA purchase after the bonus addition, are sending some money to the same devs over and over for, frankly, no good reason, unless they start fiddling with sliders (fat chance). And finally because most of the time, the repeats are just really repeats for the vast majority.

In perspective, these are pretty minor points and them alone won't stop me from buying future bundles, but this kind of behavior annoys me and affects my opinion of the whole gig.

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Steamgifts has (or had) an explicit policy against trading bundle keys and yet I reckon 80% of what's on there are bundle keys - the site would probably be a wasteland without them :)
    That's because the admins seem to live in denial of reality - the brokenness of the point system is so painfully obviously, but they're so fixated on eradicating bundle keys they apparently never realized that. Not so long ago, bundle keys have been allowed in a way that only boosts the number of people with multiple accounts. Go figure!

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    I personally have a policy of not letting my keys go until the bundle ends - that way I'm not discouraging bundle sales - but that's just my 10p.
    Me too, and I hope everybody else here does the same.

PS: IndieGala has just unlocked Alien Breed 3 and Worms Pinball.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

GG's indiefort bundle has been updated with the winner pack: Tiny & Big, Star Prospector, and Dark Scavenger (which was in indiefort 2). Build your own bundle is still an option.

http://www.gamersgate.com/indiefort-bundle

Did anyone check out GetGames' Get Loaded Go promo last august?

In my mail it just showed a reminder of the next round starting in a couple day. It seems I totally missed the first one somehow (either that or it was so uninteresting to me, I promptly forgotten about it)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Hadn't heard of it, but with a quick google search, I found this over at Cheap Arse Gamer (this is for the august deal):

Get Games Go is having their "Get Loaded" deal, where you can pick from these 4 games:

Serious Sam 3 Deluxe (Steam)
    Red Orchestra 2 GOTY (Steam)
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition (Steam)
    Dungeon Siege 3 + DLC (Steam)

for $15.

http://www.getloadedgo.com/

P.S. Serious Sam 3 comes with copies of the First and Second Encounter (Classic)
    Not really an indie bundle, this one, but still interesting. Will have to keep an eye on it come Friday.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    That's because the admins seem to live in denial of reality - the brokenness of the point system is so painfully obviously, but they're so fixated on eradicating bundle keys they apparently never realized that. Not so long ago, bundle keys have been allowed in a way that only boosts the number of people with multiple accounts. Go figure!
    I'm glad I'm not the only person who noticed that - I've already made the foolish mistake of attempting to debate the value of trying to stop people posting things they're clearly posting in droves and which are the only things supporting the site - but I just got torn to bits by the "that's how it is NEWBIE" people. The result of that is I gave away a stack of games here instead :)

It's crazy that you get 'points' just for existing tho - you just need an account for 2-3 days and you have 'max' points when it should take EONS - and you should get points for giving things away too surely!?>!> No idea where their idea of maths is anchored...