Page 44 of 321 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast
    Make sure to get the soundtracks for Waking Mars and Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP, highly recommended

PushCat.10-char
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Appears to be: http://www.desura.com/games/pushcat

Released today, IIRC.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Very much enjoying Waking Mars. I'm a little bit of the way through the second chapter. Not having an iDevice, I've been waiting for this to come out on PC for ages. :) I just hope that the decision to go for bundling at launch works in their favour.

I've always liked the look of Eufloria and haven't got around to it till now, so there is at least one other thing in the bundle that I wanted. (I now own Machinarium three times, and I've already played Sword and Sworcery.) I'll just have to see if it works on my computer, as I'm stuck with horrible Intel graphics which it says it doesn't support, or possibly on my phone.

All in all, looks like a good bundle.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Pertusaria View Post
    Very much enjoying Waking Mars. I'm a little bit of the way through the second chapter. Not having an iDevice, I've been waiting for this to come out on PC for ages. :) I just hope that the decision to go for bundling at launch works in their favour.
    I think they used that as an strategy to get the game on Steam. Imagine how many people will vote for it on greenlight now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Just looking at the requirements page, I noticed a couple of the Android APKs are in 100s of Mbs - Waking Mars is 223Mb

TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY FUCKING THREE MEGABYTES FOR A FUCKING MOBILE GAME - WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK!!

Until recently there was a 25Mb limit on APKs - some phones still can't deal with more - hell until last year most phones wobbled if an APK went past 3Mb!!

I'll miss the days when people made mobile games for mobile phones - they seem to be a-ending as people demand "big" games crammed into small boxes

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY FUCKING THREE MEGABYTES FOR A FUCKING MOBILE GAME - WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK!!
    Care detected. I think the iOS version of Myst was over a gig.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Care detected. I think the iOS version of Myst was over a gig.
    The original MYST fitted on floppies?!

Quote Originally Posted by allanschnorr View Post
    I think they used that as an strategy to get the game on Steam. Imagine how many people will vote for it on greenlight now.
    And I think we're gonna see more of that from now on.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Actually, I just noticed that Splice is even bigger - holy maboly...

I just hit the 'install this monstrous bastard onto my monstrous bastard of a phone' (Galaxy S3) button - we'll see what happens when it's been downloadified then...

I'm expecting a weighty game (or perhaps a Force Close!) :)

TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY FUCKING THREE MEGABYTES FOR A FUCKING MOBILE GAME - WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK!
    Guessing the voice and music soundfiles makes up a lot of that.

Anyway, that's nothing. A lot of the "tripple A" iOS games take up over a gig. Rage was 1.5GB IIRC.

Infinity Blade is 937 MB installed. And that's the first one. >.>

IndieGameStand has The Journey Down, chapter 1 for PWYW. When I saw that this was the point-and-click adventure game where every character is an African mask, I went for it immediately. Ten dollars gets you the previous game, Gimbal, and the next game on sale as well. Average price is still under two dollars, so hop on. (I gave them four, btw.)

I have to ask, since I got Spirits from the last Android humble bundle - I played a few levels and quickly decided it wasn't going to captivate me, as most mobile 'complete puzzle, receive stars out of three' fail to do. Now it's back in Indie Royale, so is there something more to it than I've seen?
    Last edited by LTK; 09-11-2012 at 11:27 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Waking Mars ran for a whopping minute and a bit before crashing - again and again at the same spot - on the world's best-selling smartphone, no less, so they're going to get some flaming there then...

For the record, of what I saw, no idea why my eyes were being made to BLEED to read the TINY text and the image of the girl you're talking too looks like it was stolen from Facebook - but otherwise it seemed interesting - but not interesting enough to install it on the PC, perhaps...

Waking Mars ran for a whopping minute and a bit before crashing - again and again at the same spot
    Good, looks like you have a reproducible bug on your hands. Time to file a report: the SIII is on the list of supported handsets.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Good, looks like you have a reproducible bug on your hands. Time to file a report: the SIII is on the list of supported handsets.
    Already done - however there is not 1 jot of anything in the logcat which is really odd, it suggests the game is simply "ending itself" rather than crashing - e.g. it's down to them to debug it.

I'd test it on other devices but I don't think I have anything which would cope with a 223Mb APK - HTC Desire hasn't got a hope (it has 97Mb of free memory at most) - ZTE Blade isn't much better - Vega Tablet won't run a 198Mb APK...

Actually - there aren't really that many Android devices it WILL work on when I think about it - current gen tablets and phones only, really

Lesser Hivemind Node DevinSmoth's Avatar
    Not sure how applicable this is... but Get Loaded is doing a 72 hour bundle thingie.

http://getloadedgo.com/

There's the link regardless! ;P Jet Set Radio I want...

I'm finding Eufloria weirdly disturbing for an abstract game. What kind of civilisation uses its children to make war and views any other civilisation as "diseased" and therefore in need of wiping out? Oh, wait...
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.