Page 49 of 320 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast
    I've been hammering the dev build of Foraxian for the past day. It's a very neat little gallery shooter.

Unfortunately, I already have the rest but if you don't, it's a fairly good deal all told. There's a lot of very good game to be found in that thar bundle.
    My actions are in no way born out of some sort of Darwinist offensive
    I just get a bit fidgety times

Quote Originally Posted by arccos View Post
    Anyone else feel like it's kind of silly to do a flash sale for a new indie bundle? By the time they get any publicity on it, the sale is over.

Plus it's a pretty minimalist site. How much do the devs get, and how much do the organizers get? It doesn't look like there's a charity component, but that doesn't really bother me.
    yea the time limit is only gonna hurt themselves. i think the only people that could do this successfully would be Humble Bundle, or maybe Indie Royale.
    Lookin' 4 Indie Bundles? We track 'em! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker

It's got a lot of decent to good games, but it's a little weak to be being offered for $13, all things considered.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor_roxo View Post
    yea the time limit is only gonna hurt themselves. i think the only people that could do this successfully would be Humble Bundle, or maybe Indie Royale.
    No, they are dependant on viral media, that's just not long enough, not enough for any bundle.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Okay, I lied. It's a pretty strong bundle consisting of a mix of obscure and well-known indie games. Someone on Twitter was giving away gift codes, so I managed to grab one before they were gone. :P

Oh BTW, if you buy a physical copy... it's cheaper than the digital version. For me the CD is 10.46 VS 13.15 for the downloads.

For some reason the BMT Micro store always applies the european VAT on top of the price (which is why I never buy stuff direct from indies using BMT, Dave Gilbert I'm talking to you). In this case the european VAT is not applied at all on the CD (probably a bug).

VAT aside, the CD version is still about 40 cents cheaper. I have no idea if this is intended or not, but unexpected nonetheless.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    No, they are dependant on viral media, that's just not long enough, not enough for any bundle.
    It seems like someone looked at what Steam does/is doing with their flash sales and doesn't understand why it's a good idea for Steam to do it and not for bundles. Steam does it because they already have a well known sale, want to get more games featured over a short period of time, and have prices low enough that people will keep coming back to look at what's changed. Steam sells more featured games overall as a result, but a single indie bundle doing it is a head scratcher.

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    GamersGate is launching a series of 5 weekly IndieFort bundles, with a bonus mechanism so the more bundles you buy the more discount you have on the following ones.

First in line is the Fueling up bundle, for 3 you get:

• Aeon Command
    • Gentrieve 2
    • SPAZ
    • Waveform

I don't think they already announced the contents of the other bundles but they can be guessed.

http://www.gamersgate.com/indiefort-bundle

scratch that, here's the full list - if you buy all the bundles you're gonna spend the crazy sum of 10$ / / because you know, it's perfectly right to pretend exchange rates don't actually matter. Still, many good games for the money.

Space Suit Bundle:

Oxygen Bundle

Ignition Bundle:

Liftoff Bundle
    Hey guys, one of the devs for Z:D here. It looks like that Greenlight link for the game was eaten in that post. Here it is in case you're curious: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=97230840

Quote Originally Posted by arccos View Post
    It seems like someone looked at what Steam does/is doing with their flash sales
    If HLM was still in the bundle, it would have made sense to keep the deal so short IMO. But I agree they should have made adjustments after the swap.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Did they cut down the IndieGala Sim's length? It's only got 20 hours left.

They probably need to shut that down before they can launch the next proper Gala. BTA is now down to 2.27$, that must be a new record low.

Groupees adds a final goal and a pleasant surprise it is: an aplha build of Legend of Dungeon (Win/Mac/Linux) will be unlocked at 8500 sales, only 130 to go!

Also, today you can pick just one game (instead of 2) for 75 cents.

http://groupees.com/bab4

Lesser Hivemind Node DevinSmoth's Avatar
    Yay... snagged Robin Hood finally, since I could buy just one game. It looked neat... and shoot me, I'm a Robin Hood fan!

Re: the exchange I had with someone (TechnoJellyfish?) about Steam making decisions on sales, this might be of interest:

https://twitter.com/JasperByrne/stat...38245861863424

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Re: the exchange I had with someone (TechnoJellyfish?) about Steam making decisions on sales, this might be of interest:

https://twitter.com/JasperByrne/stat...38245861863424
    But there's also this:

@JasperByrne Wow devs aren't even informed of sales on their games then ?

@Skywarders no we are, it's just that I tend to say yes to anything Valve proposes without fully checking because they know best!

That was the interesting part, I linked the whole conversation for you to see it.

That was the interesting part, I linked the whole conversation for you to see it.
    Yeah, but this is just confirming what I thought about that topic. I'm confused. Maybe you're mistaken me for someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    Yeah, but this is just confirming what I thought about that topic. I'm confused. Maybe you're mistaken me for someone else?
    Sheds some light on a topic that was left up in the air.

PS: Legend of Dungeon alpha unlocked!

Ah, I think you're referring to this one:

Concerning discounts on indie titles, I believe whether a game gets discounted or not/how much it's almost entirely Valve's call. Developers in the past have commented on how they had basically no control about sales... and not even on the full price.
    Well, I don't know how much that does to back up your statement. From what I can tell it seems that Valve did ask Byrne before they put his title on sale. It's not clear if he had a say in how much the discount would be. Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    Well, I don't know how much that does to back up your statement. From what I can tell it seems that Valve did ask Byrne before they put his title on sale. It's not clear if he had a say in how much the discount would be. Hmm.
    What we'd been saying probably had some degree of overlapping to start with, even though some things I said did not ring true to you.