Page 5 of 301 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    It's slowed down over the holiday weekend. I think we're under 5000$ per day now, so unless the pace picks up again or the deadline is extended, it may get close enough to the target but not hit it ...baffling, indeed.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    It's slowed down over the holiday weekend. I think we're under 5000$ per day now, so unless the pace picks up again or the deadline is extended, it may get close enough to the target but not hit it ...baffling, indeed.
    Everyone who was going to pay well over the odds has already done-so I reckon - so every sale in the latter part of a bundle will tend towards being around the average/asking price.

Hence it's slog to any total will slow down more and more as people go 'oh - alright then *hit minimum amount*".

It's not like people psych themselves to overpay for things - keen people overpay, latecomers tend to just drop pennies. I did some work for a local animal rehoming charity over the weekend and donations/spending operated on EXACTLY the same idea, hour-for-hour we made 20 times as much on the first morning as the last afternooN!

Well the average has gone down yes but not much, it's like 8.35-8.37 now and was 8.4-8.5 IIRC when it was unveiled. OTOH they only sold 5000 bundles in 5 days. Even the least successful IndieRoyales and IndieGalas sold more than that.

Can't help but wonder how they would have sold with a PWYW formula.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    TBH the difference between PWYW and a floor of 3.99 is nothing - anyone who's put-off by 4 isn't worth dealing with (unless raw sales your only interest in life).

The race to the bottom has to stop somewhere otherwise we'll all start to smell like the subhumans down there - the people who'll pay 1c/1p for something (when pirating it would have been better for the developer, frankly).

It's not a matter of being worthy - rather wondering whether a lower price point would have got them higher sales. No matter how you look at this, they really sold very very little and by all accounts this wasn't a bad bundle. For a comparison, IG3 so far has sold over 20k copies for 80,000+ $ (average is @ 4.86).

The whole bundle phenomenon has proved that you can increase total revenue (and profits) through a clever combination of a low-ish price point and some well-chosen incentives.

Last day on the indiefort bundle! Everyone on the edge about this please just buy it so I can find out if Demise: Ascension is the secret that needs to be unlocked.

I'm not affiliated with this bundle. I'm just greedy. =)

Got the bundle for Kenshi and pledged to Rambros, since it seems awesome. Rambros is from the guy(s) making Under the Garden, which is 5$ and will probably be awesome too.

Three days extension for IndieFort. Only 5500$ to go for the secret unlock!

And that would be about it because the other two unlocks left are impossibly high.

Money's really been trickling now, only 1300$ in the last day, guess it was not meant to be.

Gamersgate just sent out a mass email to remind everyone of the bundle. If the unlock is Demise: Ascension they should just sort of , oh, "reach the goal" and I bet they'll make quite a bit more as people (like me) buy the bundle for that.

For me, the bundle lacks a strong leader.

BeMine2 announces two new games will be added as unlocks, see first post.

Last call for IndieUnderdogPack, Indiegala and IndieFort. IndieRoyale will drop preorders starting from the next bundle (which should go live next week).

Speaking of IndieFort, less than 1800$ to unlock the last bonus!

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Speaking of IndieFort, less than 1800$ to unlock the last bonus!
    And barring another extension, I don't think it's going to happen. =(

1500$ now. I have no idea when exactly they will stop accepting orders.

...and it's still open: 369$ left!

Achievement unlocked! but no clue about what the reward is.

Dang, I was checking back here to see if YOU knew what it was, alms. =)

Does someone who bought the bundle know? Or is it a secret to them too?

(Kinda dopey keeping it a secret, isn't it?)

Nope, I haven't got the bundle myself. I can only say that today is the final final day, so last last chance to get the secret whatever that is :)

if that's what it has been said to be it's gonna be a huge disappointment tho :)

Someone on the Steam thread said he thinks its a Steel Storm OST. I... truely... hope... not.

Lesser Hivemind Node TillEulenspiegel's Avatar
    The clever thing to do (since this wasn't the most popular bundle) would be to make it something really good, so that everyone who didn't buy the bundle will be tempted to get the next one.

I don't have faith that they'll actually do that though, so I'm staying out.