Page 50 of 269 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 5368
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    Well, I don't know how much that does to back up your statement. From what I can tell it seems that Valve did ask Byrne before they put his title on sale. It's not clear if he had a say in how much the discount would be. Hmm.
    What we'd been saying probably had some degree of overlapping to start with, even though some things I said did not ring true to you.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    What we'd been saying probably had some degree of overlapping to start with, even though some things I said did not ring true to you.
    The disagreement is probably more about the level of control that developers/publishers have in the process. Unfortunately, Byrne's tweet doesn't do much to clear things up. At first he states that he "didn't even know", but when asked if "devs aren't even informed of sales" he denies and gives the impression that he agreed to Valves offer. Weird.

I just realized I'm kinda spamming your bundles thread ... Great job, btw!

The disagreement is probably more about the level of control that developers/publishers have in the process. Unfortunately, Byrne's tweet doesn't do much to clear things up. At first he states that he "didn't even know", but when asked if "devs aren't even informed of sales" he denies and gives the impression that he agreed to Valves offer. Weird.
    He's got a bit defensive when confronted with a straight question, but that kind of ambiguity is not new, maybe they are told to keep some details under a lid.

I just realized I'm kinda spamming your bundles thread ... Great job, btw!
    You're kidding right? discussion is very much welcome.
    (and thanks)
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Well I wasn't sure about Legend of Dungeon...and then I saw the trailer. I'm guessing we only get the alpha though, since they linked the Kickstarter. Not 100% happy about that. I'd have assumed we'd be getting updates, like when Miniflake was put in an IndieRoyale, but I guess that's not the case.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    Yeah, they confirmed in the chat that it was just the alpha build to drum up interest for the Kickstarter.
    ...common and uninteresting.
    | Steam | Desura | Twitter |

Ah damn. That's incredibly lame of them. But at least it's a Kickstarter game with a demo, I suppose.

EDIT: It's alright. It's pretty, and it has multiplayer and all, but it's a bit of a button masher.
    Last edited by johnki; 25-11-2012 at 10:19 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    I am buying the IndieGala sim bundle out of pity. Paying $3. What does that say about me?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by icupnimpn2 View Post
    I am buying the IndieGala sim bundle out of pity. Paying $3. What does that say about me?
    Bus Driver was entertaining for half an hour. Especially for the sounds of the passengers when you overbrake. Haven't tried the others yet.

This week could be a busy one, will the THQ Humble Bundle (Company of Heroes Complete Pack, Metro 2033, Red Faction: Armageddon, Darksiders) really materialize? IndieGala XI is pretty much a given, I'm less confident about the third Bundle in a Box and the debut of Bundle Stars.

Last 4 hours for Groupees Build a Bundle 4.

Bundle Stars #1 Dynamite bundle is live:

Men of War: Vietnam, Off-Road Drive, Reign: Conflict of Nations, Death to Spies: Moment of Truth, Death Track: Resurrection, Star Wolves 2, Real Warfare 1242.

+ Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades, which unlocks automatically after 2 weeks or right now if you use their Facebook mobile app (I don't like the look of this)

This is seemingly NOT PWYW, shows a fixed price 6.18 € / 8.01 $ for me and it's set to last 24 days.

http://www.bundlestars.com
    Last edited by alms; 26-11-2012 at 04:49 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Edit Ninja'd because I went to double check if they were all steam

Bundle Stars
    is live with their first bundle.

It is
    Men of War: Vietnam
    Off-Road Drive
    Reign: Conflict of Nations
    Death to Spies: Moment of Truth
    Death Track: Resurrection
    Star Wolves 2
    Real Warfare 1242
    Real Warfare 2: Nothern Crusades *
    *Unlock via Facebook - I assume you must run the app and like their page to get it.
    All are steam keys

7 explosive PC games for just 5 (that's approximately $6.62 / 6.25 depending on your currency), including Men of War Vietnam, Off-Road Drive and Real Warfare!

It's also less than 1 / $1 / 1 per game!

Save over 95% off typical retailer prices! Unlock an 8th bonus game!

Sorry I won this time :P

Hopelessly optimistic question which I'm rather certain I already know the answer to:

Is there any way to see which Steam key you used to redeem a game with?

I'm trying to sort out which bundle games I've used the keys for and it's not very easy to figure out with some of the duplicates.

The Humble Bundle keys are usually highlighted in your (humble) account if you've claimed them. You'll have to go through the bundles one by one, obviously.

I don't know about the others, sorry.
    My actions are in no way born out of some sort of Darwinist offensive
    I just get a bit fidgety times
    Steam

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    The Humble Bundle keys are usually highlighted in your (humble) account if you've claimed them. You'll have to go through the bundles one by one, obviously.
    yeah, the Humbles are the easy ones, also because there's only one key per bundle.

I don't know about the others, sorry.
    I suspect there isn't much to do after the fact. I should have made a list of keys at once I bought them. That's probably the only way to keep track of them.

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    How many more bundles will there be featuring the same 30 or so shitty Russian developed games?

Plus, Meridian4 games (ugh).

Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Hopelessly optimistic question which I'm rather certain I already know the answer to:

Is there any way to see which Steam key you used to redeem a game with?

I'm trying to sort out which bundle games I've used the keys for and it's not very easy to figure out with some of the duplicates.
    You can try adding both keys of the same game to your Steam account, maybe it'll give you two different error messages to help you identify which one is which. Something like: "You already have this game in your account." VS "You already added this key to your account." maybe?
    Last edited by echoMateria; 02-12-2012 at 07:59 AM.
    Support Fruitbat Factory to play the best Japanese indie games in English. Our games 100% Orange Juice and War of Human Tanks are on Greenlight.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by echoMateria View Post
    You can try adding both keys of the same game to your Steam account, maybe it'll give you two different error messages to help you identify which one is which. Something like: "You already have this game in your account." VS "You already added this key to your account." maybe?
    Careful. It may activate even if you own every single title of the bundle key in question. I don't think Steam cares much, as long as you never activated the key with the exact same "subscription ID".

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Carlo View Post
    How many more bundles will there be featuring the same 30 or so shitty Russian developed games?

Plus, Meridian4 games (ugh).
    Bundle stars is run by Focus Multimedia, so expect a lot more of these games from this bundle but in saying that Space Wolfs and Men of War are decent enough.

Careful. It may activate even if you own every single title of the bundle key in question. I don't think Steam cares much, as long as you never activated the key with the exact same "subscription ID".
    yes, I did some searches on that and got the impression that it may be risky to try it.

What started it was that I got Trauma from one of the Humble Bundles and later got it from an IndieGala bundle too, so I sent the IG key to a friend, but it didn't work. Now I wonder if I've accidentally activated the IG key myself too and Steam just redeemed it as if I didn't have the game already.