Page 51 of 310 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 6194
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    I can speak from experience that Steam (as of the release of Human Revolution) won't distinguish between a used key and an unused key if you already own the game. It didn't consume the key (although, bundles may be special), but it also wouldn't tell me which one was already used.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

I love me some Offroad Drive.
    Sure the penalty system is often stupid, but still a very fun game imho.

I don't know what's going on with Bundle Stars, but I don't like it.

Yesterday I checked the price through a proxy and it was 8$, today it's down to 6.68, while the price I'm offered stayed basically the same. Switch the currency from EUR to USD and it's 8$, though.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

New 'gala is live:

PWYW: Imperial Glory, XIII Century: Gold Edition, Necrovision: Lost Company
    BTA: Men of War, Cryostasis, Star Wolves 3, Men of War: Red Tide

All Steam keys except Imperial Glory.

http://www.indiegala.com

PS: there's also a store bundle linked to it:

Helldorado Bundle:
    PWYW (0.99$ min): The Rockin' Dead (DRM-Free), Shadow Harvest: Phantom Ops (Steam)
    BTA (3.99$+): Grand Ages: Rome (Steam), Helldorado (Steam)

if you beat the average on the Gala XI you can have the full Helldorado bundle for 2.99$.
    Last edited by alms; 27-11-2012 at 08:09 PM.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    I don't know what's going on with Bundle Stars, but I don't like it.

Yesterday I checked the price through a proxy and it was 8$, today it's down to 6.68, while the price I'm offered stayed basically the same. Switch the currency from EUR to USD and it's 8$, though.
    The (actual) price for me remains the same no matter what currency I choose. They change in 4.17 GBP and not the actual currency you choose, but it's the same price as yesterday (for me). Maybe VAT issues?

Quote Originally Posted by mzlapq View Post
    The (actual) price for me remains the same no matter what currency I choose. They change in 4.17 GBP and not the actual currency you choose, but it's the same price as yesterday (for me). Maybe VAT issues?
    I'd be tempted to say deliberate choice. This is a first for bundles and I hope it doesn't set a precedent.

Quote Originally Posted by tossrStu View Post
    That was bound to happen eventually, the market is saturated with bundles. Still, I feel bad for the guy.

I somehow don't believe for a second the problems with IFK were down to developers double dipping but beyond that, there's loads of stuff missing from this dispute that makes me reticent to say much about it beyond pointing out that a two month exclusive period is pretty disgusting. You don't limit a developers rights to make money from their work, you just don't and two months is well above and beyond anything reasonable. If you're not -selling- the work, hands off!

I launched a game in a bundle and didn't even have an exclusivity contract for the duration of the bundle sale, they had right to sell, option to extend that right (providing agreement) and nothing more. Obviously, I didn't go elsewhere anyway but had I wanted to, I could have and I certainly doubt it would have effected the bundles sales to any great degree either because sales don't work like that and bundles certainly don't. As it was, as I had a respectful relationship with the bundlers and a fair and fairly negotiated contract, it made sense to treat them with the fairness I'd expect from a working relationship so wouldn't want to go elsewhere.

The IFK thing just sounds like a complete clusterfuck. I don't know why anyone would agree to a two month exclusivity (or where that'd be deemed fair if it ever went to a court) and I'm not convinced there's even the slightest good reason to include it in the first place regardless.
    Last edited by RobF; 28-11-2012 at 06:30 AM.
    My actions are in no way born out of some sort of Darwinist offensive
    I just get a bit fidgety times

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    I launched a game in a bundle
    Are you a developer? I'd love to check it out, what have you released?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=101010955

Is the last solo thing I did. It's supposed to be the full version up there (to help promote the workshop) but the revision system is currently broken so it's only 12 stages but still, you can try it there.
    My actions are in no way born out of some sort of Darwinist offensive
    I just get a bit fidgety times

If you bought IndieGala Sim, you might not entirely like this move:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...ates/100398757

edit: too hasty, it's not the same game. Oh well, still a freebie, can't complain.
    Last edited by alms; 28-11-2012 at 10:47 PM.

oh, look, BeMine 6 teaser:

oh, look, BeMine 6 teaser:
    Speculated list:

Will contain 8 games
    (? Gorky 17 ?)
    (? Worms Reloaded ?)
    (? Cevile ?)
    (? Two Worlds ?)
    (? Eschalon: Book 1 ?)
    (? Earth 2160 ?)
    (? Dawn of Fantasy ?)
    (? Paranormal ?)

From here: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/be_mine_6
    Last edited by johnki; 28-11-2012 at 10:59 PM.

johnki rolls a 20, critical, chops the head off Suspense in a single, smooth swing.
    The body stands still for a moment, which seems to flow away viscously, before it finally collapses.
    The hairy, bloody bundle rolls under the table and into the DM's feet who stumbles and smashes his forehead on the corner of the table, dying instantly and spraying blood and grey matter all over the company's tea and biscuits.
    The night is ruined. You can add +2000 XP for killing the monster a -2000000 for killing the master, provided you can spot your character record sheet in this bloody mess.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    Are you a developer? I'd love to check it out, what have you released?
    RobF = Rob Fearon - man of a thousand Squids - Neon Graphics impressario - King of the "I lasted 45 seconds - a new world record" shooter and all found world hero...

He'd be too modest to link to his very own 'bundle' so I will

http://bagfullofwrong.co.uk/

Synso2 CE is my personal fave - hell I have a score on that which looks like a phone number :)

Activated Node
    If you bought IndieGala Sim, you might not entirely like this move:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...ates/100398757

edit: too hasty, it's not the same game. Oh well, still a freebie, can't complain.
    Actually, it is the same game
    This is the game from IG Sim
    http://www.desura.com/games/bridge-constructor
    This is the only other game with "bridge" in the title on Desura
    http://www.desura.com/games/bridge-construction-set

And these are the games of the developers of Bridge Construction Set (not in IG)
    http://www.chroniclogic.com/main.htm

Lastly, to confuse everyone, this is the greenlight page of one of their bridge construction games (again, not in IG)
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=109414835

And I am slightly annoyed, since I bought it just for this game, and only later noticed that this is the knock-off and not from the original developers (and it is now offered for free).

Also, Bundle Stars FAQ mentions that VAT will be charged for customers in the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Synso2 CE is my personal fave - hell I have a score on that which looks like a phone number :)
    I've really come to like DRM despite not being able to get past the 12th level or so. I also like the one with "lanes" that's a Steam Workshop exclusive whose name I cannot think of at the moment.

And George's Squizzy Griffin. That one's pretty good, too. Shame it isn't finished.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    The IFK thing just sounds like a complete clusterfuck. I don't know why anyone would agree to a two month exclusivity (or where that'd be deemed fair if it ever went to a court) and I'm not convinced there's even the slightest good reason to include it in the first place regardless.
    Absolutely agree. GamerX comes across as a quite a dick in his/her postmortem. Calling out the developer who he actually had issues with is one thing. Although it's one side of the events, and he probably shouldn't even do this if he wants anyone to work with him in the future. But to call out developers that obeyed the contract but didn't give him exclusivity for bundles for two months? Like he's somehow been wronged? That's bullshit. Does he even know how bundles work? Repeats happen ALL THE TIME. It's expected. The original reason for bundles was to help the DEVELOPERS, not the damn distribution network.

And then to change the contract for future developers to prevent them from selling their product cheaper or in a different bundle is absurd. Based on the sales, these developers got what, a couple hundred bucks out of the bundle? I sure as hell wouldn't work with him the moment I saw that requirement, and actively advise other developers to avoid it also.

Running a business does not give him the right to tell others how to run their businesses. Running a business does not mean people are obligated to help him. And failing at a business does not give him the right to accuse others of ruining it. He clearly is unable to comprehend that he is the reason it did not succeed. He did not understand how to acquire games that people would pay for, advertise the bundle, or even name it well. "Indie Face Kick?" Seriously? Come on.

And I am slightly annoyed, since I bought it just for this game, and only later noticed that this is the knock-off and not from the original developers (and it is now offered for free).
    So I was right first time, but my head's still spinning. Looks like Headup Games is acting as a publisher here, but that still doesn't explain why they would place a game in a bundle only to give it away for free the next day.

Also, Bundle Stars FAQ mentions that VAT will be charged for customers in the EU.
    Saw it. I can't honestly say I understand all the details, but doesn't it look strange to you that it's only them and not the established gigs?