Page 64 of 301 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 6014
    New BTA bonuses unlocked for HIB7:

Offspring Fling, Cave Story+, The Basement Collection

As usual added free to all purchases made before their introduction regardless of the sum paid.

http://www.humblebundle.com
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    New BTA bonuses unlocked for HIB7:

Offspring Fling, Cave Story+, The Basement Collection

As usual added free to all purchases made before their introduction regardless of the sum paid.

http://www.humblebundle.com
    MUWHAHAHA... Now I have the good BTAs without the shit BTA's... *Glares at cave story* ... Without MOST of the shit BTAs.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Hold your slanderous tongue, Legend of Grimrock is at least as good as all those games put together.

...Ergh, I already played Offspring Fling, and I'm not particularly looking forward to more McMillen. Maybe Cave Story redeems it a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Maybe Cave Story redeems it a bit.
    ugh... get back to Bizzaro Earth opposite me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I really like Cave Story - no idea why, it's not my type of game but I've almost completed it and that's unusual for me :)

I also picked-up BAGB and spend 2 hours with Salvation Prophecy which is - well - it's - well - it's CHEESE is what it is.

It's Space Rangers 2: Reboot but CHEESIER - if that's possible, it's like saying it's 100% Mature Cheddar but Cheddarier...

Recruits might be interesting when they put a game in it too ;)

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Salvation Prophecy which is - well - it's - well - it's CHEESE is what it is.

It's Space Rangers 2: Reboot but CHEESIER
    WHAT, why did no-one mention this!

Dear alms, you used to be able to click on the names of the bundles to go straight to the main bundle page, could you put that back in? That was a good feature.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 28-12-2012 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    ugh... get back to Bizzaro Earth opposite me.
    I promise you, I am not having tons of fun with Cave Story (so far) just to be contrarian.

Man this Humble Bundle is pretty crap. Except Grimrock, of course, which is amazing and I am totally happy about buying, especially since the Mac and Linux versions aren't available on GOG yet. And I guess I'll give Binding of Isaac a shot, but I find McMillen's art pretty off-putting.

I just plopped down a few bucks for the Greenlight Bundle--felt guilty about buying the lackluster Humble Bundle, plus I've been wanting to play La Mulana anyway.

I picked up the Greenlight bundle as well. La Mulana sounds interesting, and so does Underrail. I really like Driftmoon, but I already have it. I think the demo probably comes with a discount code for the full game, which won't be useable much longer, so if anyone's curious it might be worth trying out the demo soon-ish.

Passed on both Humble and Indie Royale Christmas bundles through owning the games that looked interesting. I'm another weirdo who likes Cave Story, though I haven't got anywhere near finishing it.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Dear alms, you used to be able to click on the names of the bundles to go straight to the main bundle page, could you put that back in? That was a good feature.
    i.e.

Groupees Build a Bundle - until 12/31

instead of:

Groupees Build a Bundle - http://groupees.com/bagb - until 12/31

?
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Not all bundles had such a link. I HAD TO GOOGLE IT!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Entitled bundle browser.

Fixed now. I often compile the posts while also juggling other stuff, so please feel free to point out if something's wrong/missing or otherwise needs attention - it's appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Entitled bundle browser.
    I felt so unclean, I bet this is what it's like for the secret Chinese moon colonists who didn't take manuals for their equipment but van der belt radiation makes encryption too unreliable feel like .

Ty alms for bringing me back to society.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    WHAT, why did no-one mention this!
    I should qualify my comments - Salvation Prophecy is the "Plan 9 from Outer Space" of video games, the people who made it clearly know what video games should do but slightly lack the skills to make them do it. The result is that all the elements are there, but they're not tied-together in any useful way. Some bits are lovely - some are string/sellotape and crayon. Some lovely bits you have to repeat until your eyes bleed, others last no time at all.

I think the best way to summarize it is the way the signs are used in the base at the start. The Signs are on the doors on the places you need to go and NOT on the corridors leading to them - e.g. by the time you've seen the sign, you've found the place.

That and the fact the hangar is massive - which is great for atmosphere but less funny when you have to walk (well, more of spastic stagger cum 'dying for the toilet' crabbing motion) across it 20 times per mission :)

I love it

Hiya trjp -

I made Salvation Prophecy, and I read RPS pretty regularly. I just thought I'd respond to a few of your observations about the game. Maybe sometimes you wonder "what was the dev thinking when s/he did this?" Well, here's your answers. :P

the people who made it clearly know what video games should do but slightly lack the skills to make them do it.
    Fair enough. I'd say it's more a case of an extremely small indie team (I'm the only full-time dev) taking on something very ambitious, though.

The result is that all the elements are there, but they're not tied-together in any useful way.
    Interesting - I've usually heard the opposite from people who have played the game. That for all it's rough edges, the game does successfully blend genres together to create a soldier's journey through a dynamic sci-fi universe.

Some bits are lovely - some are string/sellotape and crayon.
    Heh, there's probably some truth to that. ;)

I think the best way to summarize it is the way the signs are used in the base at the start. The Signs are on the doors on the places you need to go and NOT on the corridors leading to them - e.g. by the time you've seen the sign, you've found the place.
    That's not quite true.
    The only place to get lost in the station is the little loop in the center. All the other rooms are connected radially from this loop. Here's a top-down view of the station:

The green dots are where the signs are. You can see them well before you enter the room. By just walking around the loop, you should find your way pretty quickly.

There isn't any other simple arrangement of the signs that would have worked. I suppose at each green dot, I could have had 5 signs (instead of just 1) pointing the direction to every other room in the station. But that would have gone a little overboard with the number of signs, and probably been overkill for the difficulty of the station layout.

That and the fact the hangar is massive - which is great for atmosphere but less funny when you have to walk (well, more of spastic stagger cum 'dying for the toilet' crabbing motion) across it 20 times per mission :)
    For sure, the hangars are big. But I always reserve a spot near the entrance for your ship to cut down the walking. And it's really only 1 back-and-forth trip for each mission. I don't think Salvation Prophecy has any more boring walking/travel time than most other ARPGs. If you go to town in Torchlight or Diablo, there's easily as much.

In space, I tried very hard to cut down on travel time as well. The jumping and the wormholes keep you from just sitting in your ship and aiming at a distant target for minutes on end - something a lot of other space sims suffer from. But there's still a sense of a real, dynamic, connected universe. Some of the earlier space sims were just a series of battles separated by loading screens, with not much of a real "world" - I wanted to avoid that problem.

I love it
    Thanks. ;)

I'm for sure not saying the game is perfect. But it was an unusual and risky game to make. For what it's worth, it is a lot harder to do everything perfect when you're trying out a lot of new things, instead of playing it safe and cloning an existing popular game type.

Thanks for playing!

Dev bundle: https://sites.fastspring.com/hermitg...tant/hg-bundle

fren-ze, leave home, qrth-phyl 5$ 3.2 3.9€

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Dev bundle: https://sites.fastspring.com/hermitg...tant/hg-bundle

fren-ze, leave home, qrth-phyl 5$ 3.2 3.9€
    Bought this when it was supposed to end after a month. qrth-phyl alone is more than worth it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Oh, those are the names of the games. I thought they were discount codes or something.