Page 66 of 302 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 6026
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    I was considering buying two, but this is mostly a "Hmm, that could be interesting. I'll grab this now and maybe play it eventually" deal. And I know it is stupid, but I would prefer not to support a game I have no interest in whatsoever (so no fourth). I guess I could re-buy one of the two I already got, but I shall instead just hold off for the time being.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Indie Gala just launched Gala giveaways, which is interesting and a nice idea, but looks like it will soon be/ is already being ruined by Steam traders.

http://www.galagiveaways.com/home

Most of the games are bundle extras, but there are some neat ones there.

Network Hub
    I regard to extra steam keys from bundles. Whats Steams stance giving these away to other people? I notice now that at the bottom of humble bundle it says "for personal use only" in the small print.

<rambling>
    I've been keeping a casual eye on it for some days and I'd say it's not been working very well so far. Giveaway creators have the option of setting the value for their giveaway, and people signing up receive a lot of points, the amount of which is directly proportional to the value of their accounts. As a result in the first few days there was literally an explosion of giveaways, most of which were budget/bundle games being given away for an insane amount of points, some going as high as 500,000, and the majority in the 50,000 - 200,000 range.

As of this writing the number of giveaways seems to have crashed (only one page of giveaways VS a dozen), and the values are in a far more reasonable bracket.

I was sort of expecting this, because last time I checked, points were only generated when users sign up for the first time, and when the user's account balance goes under 2500 points. When you've blown your initial treasure, you will only have 2500 per day which means you either can't get anything, or you start creating new giveaways to get points from new users and those who stockpiled them in the initial phases.

On one side you have a ponzi scheme of sorts where the giveaway value is sustained through an influx of new users, on the other an incentive to get games for dirt cheap so you can give them away and sift points from new users ...i.e. the ones that you can buy in gala bundles happy hours.

I expect the equilibrium point to be higher but closer to the refill threshold, I'd guess in the thousands for most games. But the real test will be the release of the next gala.
    </rambling>
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

I've been following that Akaneiro Demon Hunters game for a while, even signed up for the beta about a month or two ago. Tried it a few weeks ago and it's really fun. A bit simple now but it's got a lot of potential. I love the Japanese water color art style too. Reminds me of Okami. It plays like any Diablo-clone, so if you're into those types of games, you'll more than likely enjoy it.
    Lookin' 4 Indie Bundles? We track 'em! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker

Looks like the final BaGB bonus has unlocked (that took far more than I expected). Just don't rush to your purchase page because there's nothing yet.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Looks like the final BaGB bonus has unlocked (that took far more than I expected). Just don't rush to your purchase page because there's nothing yet.
    Do they have an estimate on how long leisure suit Larry will take? I know fester mudd won't come out til later this month but I'm hoping lsl won't take that long

Good question, IIRC they said they were working to add it to the page, but on GL release is listed as aiming for March 2013. So maybe we're getting some kind of early access? I sure hope so.

Just learned the most disappointing fucking thing I've heard all week.

From the Groupees page:
    FESTER MUDD: CURSE OF THE GOLD AND LEISURE SUIT LARRY IN THE LAND OF THE LOUNGE LIZARDS

From the Writer/Director of the groundbreaking, Leisure Suit Larry series, Josh Mandel, comes FESTER MUDD: CURSE OF THE GOLD, a three-part comic saga of exploration, reunion, and redemption…and a love letter to the classic adventure games of the 90s! (PC/MAC coming Jan. 2013). Bonus also includes the VGA version of truly one of gaming’s ground-breaking products, LSL1: Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards, updated for modern PCs (Game build coming shortly).
    From Twitter this morning:

And with that, they have rightly pissed me off. :/

wut?! did you ask groupees?

Reminder: Humble Bundle will be closing in about 7 hours.

wut?! did you ask groupees?
    Someone on the GOG forums did (I crashed before anyone from Groupees was on). They're insistent that it's coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by johnki View Post
    Someone on the GOG forums did (I crashed before anyone from Groupees was on). They're insistent that it's coming soon.
    Found the post. Let's see how this turns out.

Found the post. Let's see how this turns out.
    Yeah, this'll be fun to watch. :P

All I know is that the only reason I haven't removed my vote for Fester is that I do want the remastered LSL.

Fun, yeah. Just peeked into support chat, this guy is marked as Admin:

Christian Blunda 6:31 PM @Christopher Vote for the games on Steams Greenlight, and when the game get’s greenlit you will get a free Steam key.(All except the Indie Spotlight: Driftmoon)

Nomen omen...

Professor Snake (Private Infiltrator) 12:40 PM

But it would probably be a violation of their contract so they are probably going to release LSL soon.
    Dunno how Groupees contracts work, but here's hoping there's something to that.

BTW the text still says "DRM-Free only" but, if I'm not mistaken, the graphics has changed to "free steam key when greenlit".

BTW the text still says "DRM-Free only" but, if I'm not mistaken, the graphics has changed to "free steam key when greenlit".
    Oh. That (the image) is there for all of them. I think it just means "right now, it's DRM-free only but if it gets Greenlit, we'll send a Steam key your way" as opposed to "you also get a Desura key."

EDIT: Here's what I find most hilarious. LSL: Reloaded is supposedly only getting released if Fester gets Greenlit. Or at least through Groupees (whose employees seem to have no recollection of such a situation).

Despite all of that, there's still an LSL:R Greenlight page. I would laugh pretty hard if Fester didn't get Greenlit, but LSL:R did. What are they supposed to do? Not release LSL:R?
    Last edited by johnki; 02-01-2013 at 08:40 PM.

Activated Node
    I think that they intend to release the 1991 remake of LSL, not the new one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mzlapq View Post
    I think that they intend to release the 1991 remake of LSL, not the new one.
    No. Reloaded is the title of the new remake. The kickstarter campaign estimated release in October of last year, so I guess it's a bit delayed.