Page 68 of 223 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 4448

Quote Originally Posted by johnki View Post
    Bearing that in mind, this probably would be the best place to update the latest IGS deal, rather than PC bargains.
    You're welcome to post updates in the thread, of course.

I'm not entirely persuaded it deserves a spot in the top post, though - I'd like to hear some motivated opinions about that, both in favor and against it.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    You're welcome to post updates in the thread, of course.

I'm not entirely persuaded it deserves a spot in the top post, though - I'd like to hear some motivated opinions about that, both in favor and against it.
    Mostly indifferent, except that I wouldn't want to spend your effort needlessly. It seems like other people reliably mention the new IGS deal over in the bargains thread, and three days is such a short period of time that I think it fits better in that sale thread. Lots of the deals there last a day or less from the time they're posted. The persistent top post is better for things with longer lifespan. I think you're probably feeling the same way.

Can't find an announcement for it, but the GalaStore has two new bundles and a mention of a future IndieGala bundle:

Jagged Alliance Bundle: 0.99$+: SkyDrift 5.99$+: Jagged Alliance: Crossfire, Back in Action
    Still Life Bundle: 0.99$+: Chains 5.99$+: Still Life I & II

All are Steam keys.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Got The Journey Down on Desura? you should soon be given a Steam key as well. TJD was featured both in IndieRoyale Summer Bundle and on the Indie Game Stand.

So... this is what Theo meant when he said "no Greenlight for us".

Network Hub
    Replay bundle is live

I'd prefer new titles, but hey atleast i save a couple of bob this fortnight.

Whoa that was fast. Solid bundle IMO:

Nuclear Dawn, Defense Grid: The Awakening + all DLCs, Gemini Rue, Soulcaster I & II

http://www.indieroyale.com

Activated Node
    The new IndieRoyale is up, made of games that were in previous bundle (not a repeat of a complete bundle).
    Also, the there is another IG bundle: http://store.indiegala.com/index.php...es-bundle.html

Whoa that was fast. Solid bundle IMO:

Nuclear Dawn, Defense Grid: The Awakening + all DLCs, Gemini Rue, Soulcaster I & II

http://www.indieroyale.com
    Shame I have all of it but Soulcaster and can get Soulcaster alone cheaper.

Maybe the next Replay bundle will replay stuff I don't have.

Maybe the next Replay bundle will replay stuff I don't have.
    That was a joke? haha, fat chance.

That was a joke? haha, fat chance.
    Actually, not really. I've only bought like 1/3 or less of the IndieRoyales. Probably at least a dozen or more games in total that I don't own that have been on IR.

Actually, not really. I've only bought like 1/3 or less of the IndieRoyales. Probably at least a dozen or more games in total that I don't own that have been on IR.
    Between Royales and games bought elsewhere, my count is well above 50 :P

That Desura game on this IR looks pretty neat, but since I have all of the others already, don't think I'm going to partake in this particular bundle... plus, I just spent some money getting XCOM from Amazon, so I really don't have the money to buy new games at this point anyway...

Also, with one of the biggest backlogs on the entire RPS forums, I probably shouldn't touch new game purchases for a while anyway.

If you're interested, IIRC the author was so disappointed with Soulcaster's sales, that he made it available on flash portals as well - but I have no idea how the HTML5 version compares to the original.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/606067

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    If you're interested, IIRC the author was so disappointed with Soulcaster's sales, that he made it available on flash portals as well - but I have no idea how the HTML5 version compares to the original.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/606067
    Ian (MagicalTimeBean)'s HTML5 games exist because of someone called Kevin Gadd, who makes a tool called jSIL.

jSIL can convert any .NET based code (CIL bytecode) into HTML5, so you can convert games from XNA, VB, C# etc. into HTML5 using it.

He did Escape Goat first - I nagged him to do Soulcaster and he did that as well. It premiered on Newgrounds where, despite their being a massive 'anti HTML' posse (yes, there are Flash fans there!!) it's been really popular and it does drive some sales to the 'full' version.

Soulcaster is worth a peek if you've the remotest interest in games which are unlike anything else too :)

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Soulcaster is worth a peek if you've the remotest interest in games which are unlike anything else too :)
    http://www.humblebundle.com/store/product/soulcasteriii

:D

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    If HLTB is correct about the length, I might give them a try sooner rather than later. All I need is to create library entries in the Steam client so I don't forget :|

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    If HLTB is correct about the length, I might give them a try sooner rather than later. All I need is to create library entries in the Steam client so I don't forget :|
    First Soulcaster can be done in about 3-4 hours - the 2nd takes quite a bit longer.

New Indiegala:

PWYW: You Are Empty, Trine
    BTA (5.99$): Cities in Motion, Deponia, Magicka, Painkiller

http://www.indiegala.com
    Last edited by alms; 09-01-2013 at 05:20 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    One of my pet peeves (I'll make a thread about this one day) is the sheer lack of effort/common sense which is put into product descriptions for games. Companies spend 1000s of manhours creating a game and then get a brain dead lemming to write the blurb.

You Are Empty may be the new benchmark for this - it's "features" are, apparently...

Unique representation of the environment of the Soviet totalitarian society.
    Fascinating and unusual storyline.
    Superb visual effects, including post-effects.
    Distinctive and lively characters.
    Due to new DS2 Engine the game introduces a high level of detail and realism.
    Realistic physics engine and sophisticated AI system.

For all I know it's a juggling or breast feeding simulation then - still, could be worse, could begin

"You play the role of"

Every game with a blurb which starts like that I can only wish a slow death to the developers of...