Page 69 of 311 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 6203
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Except for Deponia, but given the criticism about the english localization - I'm not keen on spending 5.99$ on it. Maybe I'll reconsider when the next bonuses are unveiled. Fingers crossed that they are not just more Magicka fluff.
    I'm in the same boat as you, Deponia is the only thing I want in that bundle, have all the rest bar You Are Empty.

There is something about indiegala that I don't like, I can't put my finger on it though.

Lesser Hivemind Node DevinSmoth's Avatar
    I'm actually thinking that I'm going to grab this IndieGala because I'm missing Deponia, Cities in Motion, and Painkiller Black... all of which I wouldn't mind having, though I don't see myself ever really playing through Deponia... not a huge point and click fan, gonna be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you, Deponia is the only thing I want in that bundle, have all the rest bar You Are Empty.

There is something about indiegala that I don't like, I can't put my finger on it though.
    FWIW, it's $14 off Deponia's normal price and you get bonuses!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post

Their website is unprofessional. Flat out. They have all kinds of stupid errors (like not being able to read the text due to the background image in this one) and it's incredibly busy. Their bundles seem discordant to me as well; like it's a bunch of games thrown together with no thought.

Lesser Hivemind Node DevinSmoth's Avatar
    Are you new to IndieGala internet? Because their site has always been this bad... especially when compared to something as simple as the IndieRoyale site... which imo is amazing.

If Fate of the World comes up in one of the Indie Royale rehashes, I'd recommend it. It was in the first or second bundle they did, along with all its DLC. I really like it - it's what keeps me coming back to every new Indie Royale to see what might be in there. Definitely one of the best things I've ever got from a bundle, in terms of games I've actually played.

Going to pass on this one; Soulcaster looks interesting though. As for Indie Gala, I tried to purchase from them a couple of months ago and it didn't process for some reason. I didn't lose anything by it, but so far none of their bundles since has been interesting enough to make me try harder to get it.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    like it's a bunch of games thrown together with no thought.
    I don't know why people generally seem to be irked by that, not specifically about IndieGala, but pretty much every bundle out there, beginning with Humble bundles. As long as the games are interesting and the price is right I don't mind if there's no cohesion of theme, genre or anything else.

I agree on the rest though, they go about things in a kind of amateurish way, and even though I can't help being affected by that, the only thing I really hold against them, is how they kept putting publisher fed crap in their bundles for quite some time now.

Their latest line-ups, however, seem to have changed for the better.

@ johnki you agree with your point on price, but it's more because Daedalic's prices tend to be higher than other indies/indie adventure games out there. I look at Deponia and its full price is twice than Gemini Rue, Resonance or Primordia when they debuted. The whole Walking Dead series (5 games) is just 20% more expensive than Deponia.

I'm sincerely hoping Daedalic's partecipation in this bundle means they've been getting the message that almost everybody else got already, i.e. cut prices and sales soar.

BTW just saw the current's gala BTA price has dropped, had a suspicion it was fixed this time. Better off.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    The whole Walking Dead series (5 games) is just 20% more expensive than Deponia.
    You call it five games, I'd say one. Others disagree that it's even that. Kind of funny how people see things differently.

I have nothing else to contribute. I did buy the Gala bundle, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    You call it five games, I'd say one.
    Fair enough, let's call it one. We're still looking at one of the most celebrated games of 2012 (whether it deserves that or not is another matter), that is longer than Deponia and has no funky translation - I can see how that would be able to fetch a premium price.

Kind of funny how people see things differently.

For the one of the finest examples of people seeing things differently, look no further than the relaxing games thread, some suggestions are so far fetched I'm always on the verge of writing them off as pure trolling.

I did buy the Gala bundle, though.

I'm glad you did, it's a solid line-up.

Now, everyone else start stuffing your pockets with 0.01$ bundles! I want to see it under 4$!!!1! :P
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Anyone who picked-up the Humble Bundle which contained PuppyGames "Droid Assault" - or indeed picked-up the PuppyGames "UltraBundle" or just bought Droid Assault from them - it's been added to Steam today and you can get a key!

If you bought from Humble - get the key from them.

If you bought from BMT Micro (Puppy) - you can enter your email address here and get a key sent immediately (Note: You must have installed and run the game and entered your address at least once before for this to work!)

More Steam games then...

http://www.thefreebundle.com/

Games: Nitronic Rush, Ascension, Celestial Mechanica, Iamscared, Abobo's Big Adventure.
    Lookin' 4 Indie Bundles? We track 'em! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Anyone who picked-up the Humble Bundle which contained PuppyGames "Droid Assault"
    You mean store, right? I can't remember or find any mention of the inclusion of Droid Assault in a Humble Indie Bundle. According to a 2011 interview the game was supposed to go into HIB2 but was replaced by RotT.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    You mean store, right? I can't remember or find any mention of the inclusion of Droid Assault in a Humble Indie Bundle. According to a 2011 interview the game was supposed to go into HIB2 but was replaced by RotT.
    I picked that up from their email which said "if you got this via Humble Bundle you'll have your key there" - they may just have copied their email for RoTT, but I didn't think they meant the Humble Store as they used (and still use AFAIK) BMT Micro!?

Was it not a bonus at some point? I'm sure it's been in at least 1 bundle because I'm fairly sure I have at least 2 copies (I got THREE emails with Steam keys!!)

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Was it not a bonus at some point? I'm sure it's been in at least 1 bundle because I'm fairly sure I have at least 2 copies (I got THREE emails with Steam keys!!)
    I'm pretty sure it was never in a Humble Indie Bundle and I don't think it's ever been featured in any of the bundles I usually track here... in short, I have no idea where your keys come from.

BTW since we are talking about keys, and I probably forgot to mention it here, I asked Theo Waern of Skygoblin about Steam keys for copies of The Journey Down sold through IGS, and I was replied they still haven't got any agreement.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It could just be that they're copy/pasting from RotT (which was their first Steam game IIRC) - this does bring-up the interesting question of developers who do/don't offer Steam keys for games tho.

Puppy have a proper page and hand-out keys happily - but not every developer does that (or seems able to) which seems a bit odd. It's a massive task, in theory - I know that when I asked Luke (Radian) for Desura keys for his games he "went on holiday" for a fortnight (I would have too!) - but he did send them when he got back ;)

Looking through my heap of games, the only games which are on Steam but which I don't have on there are

A few retail titles (The Witcher, Kings Bounty)
    Some of Positech/Cliffski's games (GSB and Democracy 2) - I emailled him asking about Steam Keys and got no reply at all
    Dins Curse (which I got from D2D in a sale so it's hardly down to Soldak to throw keys at me for that!?)

Most of the Greenlighters are promising Steam keys but it may not be as simple as they think? Even if Steam are happy to give them a stack of codes, they have the less than fantastic job of handing them all out (IIRC the Defenders Quest team spent eons designing a system to do that?)

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Is there any chance of people who purchased Indie Royale's Summer Bundle receiving Steam keys for The Journey Down? Not that I expect IR to do that but it would be quite nice, nonetheless (HIB did give away Steam keys retroactively for games that went on Steam later on).

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    Is there any chance of people who purchased Indie Royale's Summer Bundle receiving Steam keys for The Journey Down?
    Yes, I mentioned that three days ago on the thread - it's just a matter of time.

What's yet to be determined is if every Desura copy will yield a Steam key or not. IndieRoyale is covered though.

edit: almost forgot, a new Bundle Stars has been announced.
    Last edited by alms; 11-01-2013 at 05:07 PM.

edit: almost forgot, a new Bundle Stars has been announced.
    and a new Bundle in a Box, too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    The month of March will be more special forevermore, because for those 31 days each year, the title of this thread will actually be accurate. ^_^
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.