Page 86 of 290 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 5787
    IndieGala Dwarves has unlocked: Europa Universalis III: Complete, EU3: Heir to the Throne, EU3: Divine Wind.

http://www.indiegala.com
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    IndieGala Dwarves has unlocked: Europa Universalis III: Complete, EU3: Heir to the Throne, EU3: Divine Wind.

http://www.indiegala.com
    Doesn't that simply make it EU III: Chronicles?

Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Doesn't that simply make it EU III: Chronicles?
    I think so, in fact I listed it that way in the OP, but when posting the update there was no time to check.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    I think so, in fact I listed it that way in the OP, but when posting the update there was no time to check.
    Paradox really should rethink their naming conventions. Having a "complete" edition that isn't complete is a bit misleading. Anyway, the bang for buck factor is huge on this one.

Lesser Hivemind Node DevinSmoth's Avatar
    it was complete before they were told to make expansions three and four...

How were they supposed to do know that more of the game was going to be required in the complete edition. ;P

If a dev or publisher releases extra DLCs after going complete or gold, a new sub entry needs to be added to the registry (otherwise existing customers would likely receive the new content for free, which is clearly not the plan): the new sub can receive a new name (as is the case of EU3) or keep the existing one.

The latter can be even more confusing because the description that is shown in the more common places where users are likely to look is exactly the same, you might end up asking yourself WTH am I buying?

BTW Chronicles was given away for free to Paradox forum users, so its value is lessened to a degree, but it's still a pretty good deal. edit: BTA has dropped under the 5$ mark.
    Last edited by alms; 24-03-2013 at 12:07 AM.

Next unlock for BaB5 will be Geneforge Saga.

http://groupees.com/bab5

BTW with Humble going copycat on IndieGameStand, I've decided to accept johnki's suggestion and begun keeping track of these deals.

They can be found at the beginning of post #2, above the upcoming bundles, and the list only includes essential information to keep updating time to a minimum. Keep in mind IGS deals launch at a crappy time for me so thread updates will likely posted with a delay of several hours (unless someone else wants to do them). edit: Humble updates at a more convenient time.
    Last edited by alms; 24-03-2013 at 08:16 PM.

Activated Node
    BTW with Humble going copycat on IndieGameStand, I've decided to accept johnki's suggestion and begun keeping track of these deals.

They can be found at the beginning of post #2, above the upcoming bundles
    \o/
    thank you very much!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The new IndieGameStand game is Luminesca - https://indiegamestand.com/

Luminesca is an underwater exploration game which follows the story of a little creature called Lum.

Lum’s colony comes under threat when a vast, ancient machine grinds into motion and starts to consume all the surrounding water. His adventure takes him from all corners of his environment to the heart of the machine, encountering a rich ecology of inhabitants and learning some valuable lessons about the world around him.

Luminesca is intended to create a rich, atmospheric experience...
    No complex control systems to learn.
    No long blocks of text or drawn-out cut scenes to wade through.
    No frustrating reflex-based gameplay.
    Instead, the game strips back these elements to reward curiosity, exploration and playfulness with strong audio-visual elements and a mysterious fantasy world.

The game is still in development and includes 1 of 5 chapters, but you’ll get free updates as more content is added.
    Looks good, I've heard some things about it. It is an alpha though so if you don't like those stay clear.

I don't like Alphas but it looks very interesting nonetheless, and is one of the IGD games you can vote for. RPS coverage.

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    Nethergate's pretty awesome. It has by far the worst interface of any spiderweb game on steam (it uses the older first Avernum trilogy engine, which is kind of maddening as it takes about 3 or 4 clicks to do simple things), but once you get past that it's a good game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Carlo View Post
    Nethergate's pretty awesome. It has by far the worst interface of any spiderweb game on steam (it uses the older first Avernum trilogy engine, which is kind of maddening as it takes about 3 or 4 clicks to do simple things), but once you get past that it's a good game.
    I bought Avernum and Nethergate in recent sales, and I'm looking forward to getting into Nethergate. Is the old Avernum engine worse than the Geneforge interfaces?

IndieRoyale Mighty Bundle is live:

Waveform, Avadon the Black Fortress [repeat], Zafehouse: Diaries, Derrick the Deathfin, Tidalis, War of the Human Tanks [repeat]

http://www.indieroyale.com

Looks like an instabuy to me.

PS: Geneforge has unlocked last night. No more bonuses for BaB5, as is it would seem, since a day or so is left on the clock.
    Last edited by alms; 26-03-2013 at 06:24 PM.

New Humble Weekly:

PWYW (1$ min): Darksiders + Red Faction: Armageddon
    BTA: Darksiders II + Red Faction: Guerrilla

http://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Were you planning to include the Humble Mobile Bundle as well? It has six games, one of them Plants vs. Zombies... and it's for Android only.

Who are these guys and what did they do to the real Humble Indie Bundle.

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Were you planning to include the Humble Mobile Bundle as well?
    If I had to judge from past reactions to Humble for Android bundles, I'd say there's not a lot of interest for mobile-only bundles on this thread, I'm open to suggestions though.

I also got mixed feelings about the new Weekly.

I don't blame you, I wasn't about to throw money at this myself. Especially since at least one of the games has a perfectly good PC version available.

You might remember Contre Jour as having a browser version that was inexplicably advertised as 'works best on Internet Explorer'.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'd like to plug Waveform as being a work of true original genius and worth the IR entry cost alone

and Derrick the Deathfin has VIOLENCE VORTEXES - this should also make your cash easier to spend...

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    I'd like to plug Waveform as being a work of true original genius and worth the IR entry cost alone
    Seconded!

The main gameplay mechanic may seem somewhat gimmicky at first but it turns out to be genuinely interesting and rewarding.