Page 91 of 302 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 6024
    The posts should be fully up to date now.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    The posts should be fully up to date now.
    The "BundleStars #5 "Indie Mashup" Bundle" doesn't have Syberia and Syberia 2 listed

Fixed, thanks! Let me know if you spot any other oversights.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Gentrieve 2 would be realy interesting if it didnt look like MS maze.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Gentrieve 2 would be realy interesting if it didnt look like MS maze.
    It plays kind of meh and there's a lot of backtracking due to places you can't get to yet, which I get is the basic formula behind Metroidvanias but monsters respawn and everything and some of the procedurally generated levels are just a pain to navigate in the first place.

And it's not without its bugs either. During one boss fight, I just had to dodge back and forth the whole time because it spawned stuck in a wall in the center of the room, only barely able to actually shoot me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnki View Post
    It plays kind of meh and there's a lot of backtracking due to places you can't get to yet, which I get is the basic formula behind Metroidvanias but monsters respawn and everything and some of the procedurally generated levels are just a pain to navigate in the first place.
    Backtracking isn't a problem in Metroidvanias because the powers you find as the game progresses make running through the previous areas trivial. See: Dark Souls. If backtracking is tedious, then the designers have failed. It should also be entirely optional, albeit satisfying and rewarding.

Lesser Hivemind Node frightlever's Avatar
    Picked up the Alpha Funding bundle from Groupees. I've only played Realm Explorer, and only single player at that, and if it delivers on its promise it'll be very interesting but right now it is completely unplayable for me. No complaint as such because an alpha is an alpha, just wanted to mention it in case it caught anyone's eye and they're expecting something remotely playable.

Problems including, but not limited to, falling through the scenery, painfully slow horizontal mouse movement while vertical is fine, right-clicking inventory items makes them disappear (this may be a feature) and general wonkiness when re-visiting worlds you've already played.

If you pay the minimum for the four games it works out at a dollar each - which seems like a reasonable gamble that at least one of them will end up fun.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    There's a new Indie Fort - more a sale than a bundle perhaps but it's there and it contains Sanctum, Zigfrak and AI War which is a pretty compelling trio in itself!!

It also has Underrail and Fortune Trader, on which I cannot comment - costs $8 (seems to be in $ on all GG sites?)

http://www.gamersgate.com/indiefort-bundle

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    There's a new Indie Fort - more a sale than a bundle perhaps but it's there and it contains Sanctum, Zigfrak and AI War which is a pretty compelling trio in itself!!

It also has Underrail and Fortune Trader, on which I cannot comment - costs $8 (seems to be in $ on all GG sites?)
    7.49€ for me and SavyGamer reports it at 5.22. All seem to be DRM-Free versions, with the only exception of Sanctum. It also has unlockables in the form of AI War and Sanctum DLCs, but the levels seem a bit too optimistic to me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    7.49€ for me and SavyGamer reports it at 5.22. All seem to be DRM-Free versions, with the only exception of Sanctum. It also has unlockables in the form of AI War and Sanctum DLCs, but the levels seem a bit too optimistic to me.
    It wouldn't be an Indie Fort if it didn't have targets ten times too high and then nothing behind them :)

I have to say that it's worthwhile (to me) for Zigfrak alone - we've talked about it on here already, it's really rather good.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Fortune Winds looks super pretty! I do like an old map, I do. But it also sounds kinda insubstantial, from the few articles I glanced at. Here's a TotalBiscuit video about it I'm listening to presently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50cYJk-CP2s

Not too interested in the rest of this bundle, so it hinges on whether or not I decide weathered cartography-style sea monsters are enticing enough to make me play an iPad sort of game. =P
    Last edited by Berzee; 15-04-2013 at 07:10 PM.
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

At this point I'm sure that whoever is responsible for deals on Gamersgate, it's most likely just one guy and he's mostly drunk on the job.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Berzee View Post
    Fortune Winds looks super pretty! I do like an old map, I do. But it also sounds kinda insubstantial, from the few articles I glanced at. Here's a TotalBiscuit video about it I'm listening to presently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50cYJk-CP2s

Not too interested in the rest of this bundle, so it hinges on whether or not I decide weathered cartography-style sea monsters are enticing enough to make me play an iPad sort of game. =P
    I'm glad you said that - I've played a demo of that sea monster game before and I really quite liked it - another plus!

Downside is I have EVERYTHING ELSE tho :)

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    I wasn't trying to compare the graphics to an MSX2 game, and even if I was I still pop in Sky Shark on my NES so it's not like I would be complaining. Physical obstacles have no place in a shmup, as clearly evinced by the travesty that is the final level of Jamestown. In Gradius, levels like the one I linked basically became impossible if you died and down-graded your weapons because you didn't have enough power to punch through the obstacles. It's just poor, un-fun game design and the fact that it pervaded every level in that Satazius trailer does not bode well. If I'm wrong, do let me know.
    Ahh, now I understand. The above I completely agree with!

IndieGala Weekly:

PWYW ($1 min): Beat Hazard, Soulcaster I & II
    BTA: Beat Hazard Complete/Ultra, Escape Goat

http://www.indiegala.com

Fuck me.

New 'Royale bonus unlocked: Sigma Team's I Am Weapon.

http://www.indieroyale.com

La Mulana Steam keys available from Groupees.

New batch of greenlit games. I only spotted Legend of Dungeon from past bundles. Did I miss anything?

• Agarest: Generations of War
    • Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures
    • Battle Worlds: Kronos
    • City of Steam
    • Cradle
    • Dead State
    • Dead Trigger
    • Death Inc.
    • Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey
    • Elsword
    • Faceless
    • Frozen Endzone
    • Hammerwatch
    • Legend of Dungeon
    • Pinball Arcade
    • Planet Explorers
    • Rush Bros.
    • Shovel Knight

Lesser Hivemind Node DevinSmoth's Avatar
    Oh, that's neat... Shovel Knight just got Kickstarted... and so did Battle Worlds, if I remember right.

Nice! I got my steam code for La Mulana. Thanks Alms!
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Hammerwatch is pretty cool, it's basically Gauntlet.