Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Obscure Node

Age of Fear: The Undead King turn-based strategy (fantasy) v1.4.0

Hi all!

New version (v1.4.0) is available in Downloads section on our site:
    http://www.age-of-fear.net

Age of Fear: The Undead King is a fantasy turn-based strategy. The game features a novel battle system, two campaigns with solid fantasy stories and very flexible multi-player and skirmish modes.

The story takes place in an untamed fantasy land, where three forces: the Human Kingdom, the Greenskins' Horde and the Undead Legion - are fighting for domination and survival.
    You will encounter quick skirmishes, where wise unit's cooperation is essential. You will visit distant lands either as a honorable knight or an evil necromancer. You will conquer cities and destroy ancient evil!

Changes (v1.4.0):
    - online version check - game will connect to our site and notify user if there is newer version available (optional - can be switched off).
    - optimizations for graphic display - should work ca. 20% faster
    - optimizations for AI processing - should work ca. 35% faster (and smarter!)
    - segmented health bar - displays HP directly
    - various bug-fixes

We are also working with distributors to patch already existing versions, however it can be slow sometimes.
    Please mail us directly if bought game from different source and you want new version ASAP.

Please let us know if you find any bugs or errors - we will be happy to fix that!

Thank you for supporting indie games!

Take care,
    Les

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    On a scale of 1-15, how Undead would you say the King is?
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Berzee View Post
    On a scale of 1-15, how Undead would you say the King is?
    Equal to or less than how spambot the OP is.

Quote Originally Posted by R-F View Post
    Equal to or less than how spambot the OP is.
    No more so than any of the other Indie games that have started a thread here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

Obscure Node
    No more so than any of the other Indie games that have started a thread here.
    True - that's good forum, and we don't have bags of money for ads :-)

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Oh come on, Leszek Sliwko isn't a spambot - he's an extremely advanced Polish AI.

Obscure Node
    [ROBOT VOICE]your base are belong to us[/ROBOT VOICE]

BTW, does anyone know how much you have to pay to RPS staff to get at least a note there?
    I mailed them like 10 times already, but they still are busy about posting 134867th note about Notch.
    Last edited by Les; 15-03-2012 at 12:59 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    I think you need to buy the same kind of hat he has before they will post about your game.
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    You also need to put more Art in your game so it becomes deep.

And romance options.

Obscure Node
    And romance options.
    There will be romance in sequel ;-)

demonmistress.jpg

Activated Node
    I think implicitly accusing them of taking bribes from developers to feature their games on the front page should be a good step towards making them sympathetic to your cause.

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    I think I first read about Age of Fear in a comment on a RPS Bargain Bucket post, but 'twould've been nice to see real coverage

Obscure Node
    We have some cover:
    http://www.age-of-fear.net/index.php/age-of-fear-press

however to make meaningful sales you need big guns like RPS, IGN, etc. There is no way around that.

Well, good point is that we are doing it for fun and creativity (we have jobs and income), not for money :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    BTW, does anyone know how much you have to pay to RPS staff to get at least a note there?
    I mailed them like 10 times already, but they still are busy about posting 134867th note about Notch.
    After this sort of comment you probably don't need to worry about them posting about your game anymore. Now you can focus on spamming IGN and the rest of the 'big guns'.

Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    [ROBOT VOICE]your base are belong to us[/ROBOT VOICE]

Make a decent game first, then expect the big guns to pick it up. As it is and from what I saw of the demo it's a very amateurish attempt at a strategy game, if I was to run RPS I'd probably have a hundred better games to cover.
    Last edited by mr.doo; 16-03-2012 at 06:15 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Wow, what a zinger! You should write for RPS, maybe even run it.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.doo View Post
    Make a decent game first, then expect the big guns to pick it up. As it is and from what I saw of the demo it's a very amateurish attempt at a strategy game, if I was to run RPS I'd probably have a hundred better games to cover.
    Harsh and unnecessary. Age of Fear is in fact a great little turn-based tactical war game ("strategy game" might be somewhat misleading as the focus is squarely on comparatively small-scale military encounters) with a very respectable AI and a great deal of content included for such a low price. The good Les might not be an expert salesman or a master of the English vernacular (though when it comes to customer support and listening to suggestions about how to improve the game he is very service-minded), but for those of us with an interest in the niche genre in question there's much to like about AoF.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    RPS just isn't particularly friendly to strategy games, and even less so to indie strategy games. It was a bit better back when Kieron was here, and even with Quinns. Adam tries, mind you, but seems to concentrate on larger, mid-budget projects (like Paradox titles) and I think they eat all his time. I like those games quite a lot, and enjoy seeing them covered in depth, but the smaller budget niche strategy titles don't seem to get much air around here these days.
    Last edited by vinraith; 16-03-2012 at 08:58 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I downloaded the demo of this ages ago, I think I'll finally give it a whirl tonight.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Obscure Node
    I downloaded the demo of this ages ago, I think I'll finally give it a whirl tonight.
    Hi,

make sure you get the latest demo. We have polished game a lot since first release.

Have fun!
    Les

P.S.
    We are still working on sequel, therefore please give some feedback if you have a minute.