Editors needed for PCGamingWiki - a wiki about fixing problems with PC games

PC Gaming Wiki
    We all spend hours trawling through support Q&A, forums, websites... Have you realized you spend more time researching and setting up games than actually playing them? So, we present to you PC Gaming Wiki, with a page for every PC game, for optimizations, settings, common fixes and hacks. Let's fix PC Gaming!

Our goal is to fix every single PC game, with a single page for all information about:

Performance issues and fixes Optimisations, cfgs and hacks Cutscene and video skipping Save game locations and syncing Bugs, workarounds and fan patches Alt-tab and fullscreen windowed mode We need more help with the site - hundreds of stubs and poorly written articles!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I have to say, this seems like quite a good idea. I usually trawl through the Steam or GOG forums for game fixes, unofficial patches, graphics mods and the like. Could be quite useful having a single wiki for all games.

Ooh I quite like this. Were I more knowledgeable, I would help out. I will say, though, that I do sometimes get a sort of masochistic pleasure out of my marathon sleuthing sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by Splynter View Post
    Ooh I quite like this. Were I more knowledgeable, I would help out. I will say, though, that I do sometimes get a sort of masochistic pleasure out of my marathon sleuthing sessions.
    You don't have to be very knowledgeable to contribute, any little fix you know is worth mentioning.

And if you want a real marathon session, try contributing to a game you've never played :P. Just do some research on a Steam game forum and collate all the hacks and fixes together :P.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Sounds good. Getting Shadow of the Horned Rat and Sid Meier's Gettysburg working was an incredible pain in the bum, and Windows 95 games seem all but impossible to run. Luckily DOS games are so easy!

You would've thought that it would be easy to get Windows 95 games running, but this proves to be the most difficult sometimes.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Splynter View Post
    Haha yes I enjoy this too... formating my PC... setting up all my games in a library.. getting them all running exatly the way I want them to.. not actually playing them.

Case in point- getting BG1 and BG2 in Tutu months ago and not even bothering to play it!

A quick update on the site
    Within a month, the site has grown to over 550 contributors and 350 game fix articles. The site has gained some media attention and has been featured on:
    Kotaku
    Destructoid
    a teeny mention on RPS's Sunday Papers
    TotalBiscuit is a big supporter as well.

How can you help?

The wiki needs the help, skills and expert knowledge of the community at RPS to help with fixing PC games, and making PC gaming better for everyone. The next time you apply a fix for a game, come to PCGamingWiki and see if it is already listed. If it isn't, why not spend a few minutes writing it down and helping the next person along (no account required). Let's fix PC gaming!

More details
    - As a thank you to the community, ads are disabled for logged in users.
    - PCGamingWiki hosts the Citadel Project which is an innovative webseed hosting project for rare files. Our web server provides the first seed for a BitTorrent swarm, which provides great download speeds. It also means that files can be hosted forever, even if our servers go down, as the tracker is hosted by OpenBitTorrent.
    - Daily XML dumps are made publicly available, in case we no longer maintain the project.